Game-Labs Forum

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

drive up hostility in a region. People will come 

This is correct.

Even in less populated nations in global the hostility raise was enough for two OW fleets to show up and meet each other in several occasions.

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

Well let's look at the situation on the eu server. After 1 month (ish) from the get wipe, we have the following situation:

Allies =gb/Dutch/Danes/sweeds 

Allies= pirates/Spain/USA

Non aggression = between gb/Dutch/France/sweeds/USA/Danes...

Unless outposts in freeports re-apear we are heading to a stalemate again.

Only open region for attack is salamlanker (spelt wrong I know) between gb and Spain and that port is a bugger to attack with the new gb/Danes invented tactic of tagging AI to stop the attacker getting to port!!!

Freeports give a new area to conquest.

If you want your ships there u must sail it there you as the captain can only teleport... 

Im not sure you have all your facts right there mate ,, Brit clans have more contact and trade with US than we do with the Dutch

As far as I know the Brit Nation isnt allied to anyone yet .. doesnt have a non aggression pact with anyone ,,any deals such as port flips etc have been one offs

after weeks of telling us to go sail here and there for hours at a time to set up outposts away from KPR that we are stupid for sailing around Jamaica.. get organised go set up somewhere else .. well we have

now you want to have a free teleport to the nearest freetown to our new outposts to gank us there why dont you  get organised and sail there yourself .like you advised us to do

swede and dane ports are near to MT or are you worried that the opposition there might be a little harder than the 1 week in game newbies you usually attack around KPR .

• Like 4

Just now, rediii said:

With 25 agas?

WTF i don't understand people.

Not 25 Agas but quite a lot and 5-6 fireships that were left behind.

But it could have been a proper fight anyway.

1 hour ago, rediii said:

If you don't understand the serverpolitics then get informed.

Real Portbattles were not realy happening. Cap francais got "screened" and georgestown got realy screened.

salamanca and Cartagena was a shame. Don't know why noone defended santa marta

Dominica was a real portbattle but... yea no idea actually

I think you mean salamander and cartagena was a SHAM! 

I wish we had a fleet commander addons available in game through the nation shop that showed a fleet commander allowing a full 25 man fleet costing 1k combat marks.

Meaning main port fleet could get to battle or defenders would need to also use port commander flags also costing same 1k marks enabling a fleet with 2/3 rds br could tag. So screening could happen.

I'd make the fleet commander only able to activate the fleet say 750 metres from port battles crosses. Still giving screening a chance 

So, for the sake of discussion, let's say freetown teleports of captains only were added back, on a cooldown of let's say 12hrs.

Then what happens if you teleport to or from the freetown and realize that wherever you ended up "doesn't have PVP"?

(translation: if I have to spend more than 5 minutes looking for PVP, it's too hard / boring / whatever. Also the PVP has to be "fair" and there have to be no "revenge fleets" allowed afterwards, and I want to get one billion dollars reward if I win and one million dollars reward if I merely do some damage).

Won't the same or functionally identical people complaining now about "too much sailing in my sailing game" also be complaining about how the 12hr cooldown is too long, and asking for it to be reduced or removed?

Let's say they succeed. Then we're back to having "friendship is magic" gank squads and port battle fleets magically spawning out of freeports, and then we'll have another whole raft of whining about that.

TLDR: If there's too much sailing in your sailing game, fear not, Naval Action Legends is coming soon. In the meantime, try to understand that much of the PVP content in this game revolves around figuring out where the action is, and how to get some. It's a puzzle game that way.

• Like 3

My suggestion is remove tps completely.  Let's say you gather resources around Belize, then base yourself out of there. Don't keep hopping to & fro KPR, this is just an example.  Maybe resource distribution, with tp removal, needs to be tweaked. Want more PVP? Stop becoming friends with your neighbors. On PVP Global, some French are having a ball fighting Danes while others are crying about it. 

• Like 3

Your idea is a good one. We have the same issues on eu (again). Most nations are allied or at the very least signed up to non aggression. Yesterday we watched 6 brits+ 5 Danes and 3 sweeds sail together up to the deadline chest. No1 did anything apart from hold hands. 

I still feel 1 teleport a day per account is a better solution tho. You can teleport to any outpost or freeport but only once.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, monk33y said:

Your idea is a good one. We have the same issues on eu (again). Most nations are allied or at the very least signed up to non aggression. Yesterday we watched 6 brits+ 5 Danes and 3 sweeds sail together up to the deadline chest. No1 did anything apart from hold hands. 

I still feel 1 teleport a day per account is a better solution tho. You can teleport to any outpost or freeport but only once.

I like your idea seems fair enough

2 hours ago, Anne Wildcat said:

My suggestion is remove tps completely.  Let's say you gather resources around Belize, then base yourself out of there. Don't keep hopping to & fro KPR, this is just an example.  Maybe resource distribution, with tp removal, needs to be tweaked. Want more PVP? Stop becoming friends with your neighbors. On PVP Global, some French are having a ball fighting Danes while others are crying about it. 

Couldn't agree more; either remove all TPs or open all TPs.

TP to national towns should be there otherwise it will not be fun to do trading combat and other stuff but tping to freetowns should be as it and that is none. it will otherwise encourage ganking and huge fleets that is not part of your nation and will take down the complete economy  for weeks.

Freetowns should give you refuge to attacks in hostille waters not a staging ground to hello kitty up the game

The funny thing is the best thing I have ever done was leave the capital of my nation.  I dont even go there any more.  I am set up far from it, and within 20-30min sail of my free port outpost that I will go to for a few days and operate out of hunting for a while.

9 minutes ago, Benedict Ahhnold said:

Hunting out of free ports in enemy waters is fine, but in the interest of balance and fairplay the hunter must take the risk of getting to and from there.

This right here is why TP to FP should be left out of the game. Outside of using it to gank players, whats the point of TPing to FPs?  

7 hours ago, monk33y said:

Seems rather boring to me.... start a war or something! 

Edited by Daguse