Game-Labs Forum

Franco-Danish Trade Wars

Bach

28 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Were not short sighted and as we said this is your war not ours. We have good business with the Danish why ruin that over someone else spilled drink? 

Just don't pull a Sweden and bet all your money on the wrong horse.

On 6/26/2017 at 0:54 PM, Slamz said:

I keep telling people they are honestly better off if they let [WO] stay in Haiti and let France maintain their base area, because we end up getting greedy and doing silly things like making lineships, which takes up a lot of our time. If we stop wasting time doing that dumb stuff, we will just spend more time hunting traders and ganking mission runners, which is mostly what we enjoy anyway. It's like HAVING ports makes us feel somewhat obligated to defend them but once they are gone we are not going to spend a lot of time or effort on that aspect of the game anymore. We'll just hunt you and kill you for amusement.

Having France as a neighbor is like having a rowdy redneck family as a neighbor. Sure they're loud and obnoxious and they lower property values with the rusted out car on cinder blocks in their front yard but when the drug lords try to take over the neighborhood, it turns out the rednecks have more guns, are more willing to use them and are better at it than the drug lords.

Kick us out and the drug lords will be your new neighbors and you'll like them a lot less than you liked us.

(And we'll still be around, except we'll mainly be driving drunkenly through the neighborhood, shooting out everyone's windows and setting your mailboxes on fire.)

I basically told the pirates this last year, during the French-Pirate wars.

They didn't believe me either.

They quit about 3 weeks later.

But I like being able to say "I told you so".

Wait just a minute... we Dutch are not drug lords! 

• Like 1

This has been a great read! Props to all the French players for their tenacity and ethics. It's nice to see classy players like ya'll.  We Dutch also have respect for the entire French player base.  As for the rest of the world... it does concern me that so many nations are facing extinction while a few Nations grow exponentially.  Perhaps the developers would consider a port decay system or a port reset system. Old politics from last wipe do seem to affect current events overly much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Axel said:

My nation/clan was destroyed by the Danes a year ago while we were Sweden. It made plenty of people quit including me but with current mechanics it is much easier to do the same thing to them that they do to us.

Ya I was here when you guys started coming back. The old swede/French/Dutch alliance trying to survive the Dane off-hour onslaught was fun times.  Then benny and his SS crew went swede and it all blew up :(

BTW did you guys ever "repay" benny for those ships he gave you to get started again? You know, the ones he offered for free out of the goodness of his heart?

16 minutes ago, Helbent said:

Ya I was here when you guys started coming back. The old swede/French/Dutch alliance trying to survive the Dane off-hour onslaught was fun times.  Then benny and his SS crew went swede and it all blew up :(

BTW did you guys ever "repay" benny for those ships he gave you to get started again? You know, the ones he offered for free out of the goodness of his heart?

No he never contacted us back for them even though we offered them multiple times

23 minutes ago, Axel said:

No he never contacted us back for them even though we offered them multiple times

Ya well once you called his bluff I guess he didn't have much choice did he? What would he have had to complain about if he let you pay him back?

• Like 2