Game-Labs Forum

Franco-Danish Trade Wars

Bach

9 hours ago, as24862486 said:

Chinese Summer’s coming

No more "deals" with France.

Your question didnt request ours officer When will france can take back. 

Does any PURGE content us?! Complain what you feel?!

We're watting ROE system back then vote together. To be real alliance, France can build any resources in danmark port. 

Why we want Basse/Grand terre?!

Its a nice location when ROE is back. We can quickly to defend france port whos attack France.

But now is failed.

You're wrong As.

But bridgetown accident is real.

CCCP didn't change planed both area after France obtain Conquest marks.

Read the original Ceasefire Agreement 

Danmark--France Ceasefire Agreement
*****Our Demands:*****
1.Danmark will not capping Leeward Island and Boverwinds these two areas for a long time, these two areas will be return to Sverige as soon as possible ( we do have agreement with Swedish) , for the health reason for this server, the small nation Sverige should occupy at least three territories develop the eco and shipping.

2.Danmark will administrates Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre two areas temporarily (Reasons will be showed later)

3.France need to repay 5 Indiaman to clan CCCP, which was once attacked and grabbed, back to Danmark. (Two ships need to be delivered now and other three could be later, before the end of Year 2017)   Those goods which worth over 5 Million gold full loaded on Indiaman, we will pass the matter by and never pursued.

4.Danmark, France and Sverige will try their best to have NO ENEMY ACTIONS to each other, enjoy free trade and safe sailing, any irregularities with Screenshot as evidence will be compensated.

5.When Diplomatic system is official online, Danmark,Sverige and France will be ally, jointly resist aggression together and have common development.

*****Our Offer:******
1.We blamed ICS wrong about “ElricTheTwo accident” and we want to Express sincere apologies to them.

2.Danmark will obey the rules mentioned above and stop hostilities after getting Grande- Terre area.

3.Danmark will help France to obtain conquest marks. We will use Grande-Terre are as enclave to help France to increase hostility levels in Dominica,  Sainte-Lucie、Windwardi sland areas to trigger Port Battle and ensure France defend successfully for winning conquest marks, which will be useful to build ships.

5.As long as Danmark and France become ally, any help will be easy to talk later.
================

#Any news from the Danmark officers says never give France back Grand-terre and Basse-terra?

No.

If danies says never give them back.

please upload evidence screenshot (must Including CCCP officers)

Look like..., No. Not the look like.

The France break up the agreement first.

3 hours ago, MaxBlackHawk said:

You're wrong As.

But bridgetown accident is real.

CCCP didn't change planed both area after France obtain Conquest marks.

Read the original Ceasefire Agreement 

Danmark--France Ceasefire Agreement
*****Our Demands:*****
1.Danmark will not capping Leeward Island and Boverwinds these two areas for a long time, these two areas will be return to Sverige as soon as possible ( we do have agreement with Swedish) , for the health reason for this server, the small nation Sverige should occupy at least three territories develop the eco and shipping.

2.Danmark will administrates Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre two areas temporarily (Reasons will be showed later)

3.France need to repay 5 Indiaman to clan CCCP, which was once attacked and grabbed, back to Danmark. (Two ships need to be delivered now and other three could be later, before the end of Year 2017)   Those goods which worth over 5 Million gold full loaded on Indiaman, we will pass the matter by and never pursued.

4.Danmark, France and Sverige will try their best to have NO ENEMY ACTIONS to each other, enjoy free trade and safe sailing, any irregularities with Screenshot as evidence will be compensated.

5.When Diplomatic system is official online, Danmark,Sverige and France will be ally, jointly resist aggression together and have common development.

*****Our Offer:******
1.We blamed ICS wrong about “ElricTheTwo accident” and we want to Express sincere apologies to them.

2.Danmark will obey the rules mentioned above and stop hostilities after getting Grande- Terre area.

3.Danmark will help France to obtain conquest marks. We will use Grande-Terre are as enclave to help France to increase hostility levels in Dominica,  Sainte-Lucie、Windwardi sland areas to trigger Port Battle and ensure France defend successfully for winning conquest marks, which will be useful to build ships.

5.As long as Danmark and France become ally, any help will be easy to talk later.
================

#Any news from the Danmark officers says never give France back Grand-terre and Basse-terra?

No.

If danies says never give them back.

please upload evidence screenshot (must Including CCCP officers)

Look like..., No. Not the look like.

The France break up the agreement first.

This is Danish proposal.  It is 100% Danish side. All France did not agree to this.  France counter with exception to holding both Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre when we discovered you intended to hold them until the Devs reinstate alliance system.  That has no end date. We cannot and did not agree to that. 

Even if Bridgetown early flip was an accident that was still your fault and Dane's did not offer corrections.

You want peace then give back Basse and Grande-Terre. We will accept Bridgetown as it is.  Until then man your cannons!

@MaxBlackHawk

[PURGE] never accepted your proposal.

You did not know because you did not ask us. [ICS] does not speak for or represent [PURGE].

[PURGE] agreement is the same as always: return Basse-Terre and Grand-Terre (and Dominica if you take that).

Then the war is over. [BORK] agrees.

Not before.

We will sink you everywhere we see you until Basse Terre and Grand Terre are returned to France.

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LancerAbyss said:

That's why we miss Eric The Two. Most of us thought it would be the same relationship between den and french just like the old time.That seems not to be understood.

The "relationship" you want is Occupation and Servitude.  Those of us who will not be your slaves will fight.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

The "relationship" you want is Occupation and Servitude.  Those of us who will not be your slaves will fight.

Will fight?   saying will fight and active escaped? or that is the way of fight?  

4.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hysona said:

Will fight?   saying will fight and active escaped? or that is the way of fight?  

Breaking your line to rake yohoho was nice, given the absurd difference of gun counts, came out untouched pretty much :)

Raiding your home waters and almost getting the Buc was nice. The final fight of the Renomee versus your sit-and-wait coast guard was good pvp. Let's carry on fighting in OW and in ports. :)

• Like 5

On Sat Jun 24 2017 at 9:44 PM, Bach said:

This is Danish proposal.  It is 100% Danish side. All France did not agree to this.  France counter with exception to holding both Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre when we discovered you intended to hold them until the Devs reinstate alliance system.  That has no end date. We cannot and did not agree to that. 

Even if Bridgetown early flip was an accident that was still your fault and Dane's did not offer corrections.

You want peace then give back Basse and Grande-Terre. We will accept Bridgetown as it is.  Until then man your cannons!

"All France did not agree to this." and then, Teutonic updated the Diplomacy of France with Denmark into "Alliance" in his own thread.

That is kind of uhhh... what to say? oh, "Interesing!"

"Alliance" with significant quotation marks, hmm.  "Vassals" was the term that was being used.  Many of us certainly didn't feel like allies at all, and generally the attitude from up north has been perceived as one having a bit of contempt. 

(not that any of us should take it personally, of course  ;)  )

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 3

I keep telling people they are honestly better off if they let [WO] stay in Haiti and let France maintain their base area, because we end up getting greedy and doing silly things like making lineships, which takes up a lot of our time. If we stop wasting time doing that dumb stuff, we will just spend more time hunting traders and ganking mission runners, which is mostly what we enjoy anyway. It's like HAVING ports makes us feel somewhat obligated to defend them but once they are gone we are not going to spend a lot of time or effort on that aspect of the game anymore. We'll just hunt you and kill you for amusement.

Having France as a neighbor is like having a rowdy redneck family as a neighbor. Sure they're loud and obnoxious and they lower property values with the rusted out car on cinder blocks in their front yard but when the drug lords try to take over the neighborhood, it turns out the rednecks have more guns, are more willing to use them and are better at it than the drug lords.

Kick us out and the drug lords will be your new neighbors and you'll like them a lot less than you liked us.

(And we'll still be around, except we'll mainly be driving drunkenly through the neighborhood, shooting out everyone's windows and setting your mailboxes on fire.)

I basically told the pirates this last year, during the French-Pirate wars.

They didn't believe me either.

They quit about 3 weeks later.

But I like being able to say "I told you so".

• Like 3

Incidentally (in case anyone is still interested), I do want to formalize the situation for @MaxBlackHawk

CCCP agreed to give back Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre in the agreement.

CCCP broke the agreement when they stated we would only get them back "when the new diplomacy system goes live".

CCCP broke the agreement. This is why we returned to a state of war.

CCCP is a dishonorable clan if they do not immediately return to the original conditions of the deal.

PURGE will never quit France and all CCCP will continue to be killed on sight until the original deal is delivered.

I don't think CCCP can afford to treat France as an equal.  It would look bad and people might think all that saber-rattling was empty talk and start to re-evaluate their own relationships with the Danes.

So they will define a victory condition for themselves ("reduce France to one port!") and if they achieve it they will declare that they have won the war, and they will not be able to understand why we keep sinking their ships and stealing their cargoes even though they have already "won".  I suppose the next step would be to demand the devs fix the game because it's obviously broken if people you have already defeated refuse to go away even though you took all their ports, and when the devs do nothing they will just have to quit the game because it's stupid and boring and the devs are stupid to make such a broken game that doesn't even let you win and they're going to go play another game which is way better anyway.

Edited by Taralin Snow
  • Like 3

Dear courageous Viking neighbors: It is good that we were able to avoid unnecessary bloodshed and loss of beautiful sailing ships today.  Perhaps our relationship is turning a corner torwards a more positive future! :wub:

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

War Journal day 3

Can't say I'm too impressed with the Danish Fleet.  We've had a number of open sea fights that were fairly decisive French victories.  However, the Danes rarely fight anymore.  The majority of the Danes utilize tactics specifically to avoid fighting. Basic Cutters abound.  They now use them to force npc to fight npc to lower contention for them so they don't have to fight or even risk a Pickle or Frigate to do the same job.  When they aren't gaming the basic cutter mechanic they are dock humping until the 24 hour clock rolls around and they come out.  I just don't get all the Dane hype from 2016. Sure they can grind up a port when no one is shooting at them. But this past weekend they even avoided us like the plague after we stomped them a in few battles.  What the heck? Did you guys come to NA to have ship to ship fights or not?  Actually you don't have to answer that. In the other thread you are applauding a peace treaty with the AUSZ brits, whom could actually give you a match skill level set of ship to ship fights, so I'm guessing you just want to take land from npcs. :(

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Louis Garneray said:

If they Oneport us it won't affect the French fighting force in any way, but it will certainly affect our new player base and that wont be any good for the game and the server on the long run.

Having been down to 2 ports , Pedernales and Fort Royal (before regions where created) it is actually healthier for a nation not worse. It weeds out the players that aren't interested in PVP. Let the non PVPers go play for Britain and the US. If you want a strong team you need to weed out bad players. The best way to do that is to make it hard. We kept the new players that wanted to fight last year with France. The same will happen again.

The bad pvpers will go join large nations and the good fighters will stay and fight.

I think Vllad includes traders and crafters in the category of PvP players as long as they're willing to do their trading and crafting in potentially unsafe waters, in support of the greater war effort.  This is one of the things that makes this such a good PvP game -- ship combat and logistics both play a role.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

To have an healthy nation we need all kind of players... Traders, crafters and PVPers. I think it would be presumptuous to think that only one kind of player is worth being in the nation.

And since we are at PVP.... I was in one fight over the weekend against a ganking danish fleet (that's all they have apparently ganking squads in Basse-Terre) that we counter ganked and annihilated. Since that I haven't seen any PVP opportunity from them. They look like a paper tiger fleet. :D:D

I'm not sure paper tiger is fair. But the CCCP Danes do have a way of looking at the game that is counter to PvP health. I'm not saying the game should be all about PvP and nothing else. But PvP shouldn't be prevented. Consider this:

CCCP Danes have a 9 months no combat, ports or PvP, treaty with the Pirates.

In 2017 post patch CCCP Danes try to force peace on both Sweden and France. The terms of the treaty were essentially we both get to keep our ports if France and Sweden agree to no PvP with Danes, Sweden and France. So not only were the Danes not pvping but they were forcing two other nation to give up fighting two other nations.

Then the Danes entered a non-aggression pact with the Dutch. 

Then they entered a no PvP border agreement treaty with GB.

So, had France went along with all this we would only be allowed to PvP the Dutch in the Eastern half of the map.  Meanwhile the CCCP Danes have cancelled PvP for anyone in the Danish nation with 6 out of seven other nations. Leaving only the USA for any would be non-CCCP Danish players to attack way way way over there.

CCCP excell in eliminating PvP.  They were turning the a Eastern Antilles into one big Hug Fest and then not understanding why France Pvp players didn't enjoy all that peace in our PvP game.  The Devs are not the problem killing this game.?

Edited by Bach

1 hour ago, Louis Garneray said:

To have an healthy nation we need all kind of players... Traders, crafters and PVPers. I think it would be presumptuous to think that only one kind of player is worth being in the nation.

PVPers can be traders and crafters as well. Ironically however you don't need traders and crafters any more than you lose ships at sea. You simply don't need millions of gold, 10,000 oak and 12000 iron ingots if you are only losing 1,000 oak, 500 iron and 100k a day pvping. People start doing trading and rack up millions of gold then what do you do with it? If you do enough PVP you should only be losing 1 or 2 ships a day and sometimes none at all.

Other than replacing your losses that is as much trade as is required. The rest is a waste of time and it taking away from PVPing.

The healthiest nation is the one that pvp constantly. Those are the guys that decide how the game is played. Not traders and crafters.

56 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

It's just that from what I read now it seems to confirm that we won't get much pvp from the Danes.

So far we have had plenty of PVP with them. Their PB clan is not on during US prime time but they have plenty who are. They certainly find ways to show up to try and trip us up from grinding their locations. You can also find plenty of them up in their home waters. You will also find the occasional Swedes and Pirates up there.

The most important part is just not worry too much about peace deals then you have plenty of rich targets. Is it as rich as the Brits? No. Then again you don't have to sail for hours trying to dig the Brits out of Belize. Other than when the Brits try to flip Haiti they hide as far as way as possible.

The Dutch come up north to mess around in Dane waters as well since I assume they know they will find Purge, Bork, WO or Rovers up there.

3 hours ago, Louis Garneray said:

Maybe we should completely ignore them and find some pvp where we could get some.

It's really a question of whether or not we care about RvR at all.

If you care about RvR 0% then yeah -- ignore them, go sink people. It may come to that anyway. But if that had been my intention from the start, I would have gone Pirate, since they have a lovely central location on the map from which to launch as a pure PvP raid team (this is not how most of them play, I'm just saying it's a good location if that's what I wanted to do).

I do care some about RvR. I care enough that I will do some occasional port grinds just to piss off the Danes at this point. I would enjoy the occasional [real] port battle. Obviously I am not willing to bob anyone's knob to do this, as certain-French-guilds-who-shall-remain-nameless are very openly doing, but it would be a nice addition to my week for the sake of variety.

But yes, there does need to be a balance.

If Danes one-port us my intent is to PvP about 3 days out of 4. I will just hunt people on the open sea in a wolfpack, giving some special attention to any Danes I can find. 1 day out of 4 I will round up the fellas and grind another port battle at the most inconvenient time for the Danes to deal with and they will never, ever be quite rid of us.

The Danes made a deal with us: temporary possession of the Terre regions, generate conquest marks, and then return those ports.

Danes reneged on this deal at the last minute and said we would never get those regions back.

As long as I play this game, I will, from time to time, merrily stab the Danes in the back as a reminder of the deal they broke and what they owe the French team. (Yo, CCCP, where's my regions, huh? You got til 5 o'clock.)

Edited by Slamz
  • Like 3