Game-Labs Forum

WAR!!! Great Britain Declares War on the US Nation!

Christendom

I heard a Rumor that NPG is going to take their top 25 guys and re-roll GB to claim all the gulf ports for themselves and the British Empire, in an attempt to thwart TF and VCO, now that will really mix things up, with everyone playing as the British...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trouble said:

I heard a Rumor that NPG is going to take their top 25 guys and re-roll GB to claim all the gulf ports for themselves and the British Empire, in an attempt to thwart TF and VCO, now that will really mix things up, with everyone playing as the British...

They have 25 top guys?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Bach said:

CCCP

Nope is you. We just gen hostilly too much when the last one leave battle. The PB is active. If you want back, we can gen hoatilly again.

Now we're not deals anymore

Edited by as24862486

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Wow stooping to name calling now.  Than you go to the alts accusations.  I'm going to take a wild guess he's prob got production in those ports and don't want to loose them.  If your still at the capital than hay what does it matter if you loose all the ports in the gulf since you didn't earn them your self, VCO and TF did.   Remember this game is called Naval Action.  

The pirate alts are confirmed from when they were in US, now they work for GB.  Name calling is only if you have no clue where your own name comes from...in that case choke yourself.

And the fact that you are trying to assign some kind of moral inferiority to me based on a playstyle you don't even know I have or don't have says I have won this argument.  Good day sir.

The Global server currently has a small but regular population, the Brits are oversized compared to the rest, thus being at war with a couple or three of the other nations is probably the best way to have fun. War will be brutal as with such small pops ship building and top end fleet maintenance will be a real thing....a nation could easily lose its primary fleets in a calamtous event and then be pushed back. It may not be the 400 captains of yore all at sea, but it will be fun. Each battle will carry greater risk and rewards.

Huzzah...

"Only the dead know the true nature of war" - Plato (about the same time Bobzilla was born)

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Digital Wind said:

There carebears who like to trade and pve (maybe jjust grind exp like we all did?) and then there people who want to start a war because of personal grudges against the nation they used to belong with as is the case here.  Then there is being called a carebear because you don't want to participate in someone's personal vednetta war that will not benefit GB and will hurt those who have thus far been our allies.

Don't call people carebears just because they don't want to fight your personal grudge war @Christendom

*cough*Cordova*cough*

• Like 1

When it was made clear that the GB clans would only defend the Bahama ports against the U.S. but would not move up there to defend against the rats, it became clear that their agenda was geared to whatever excuse they can find to start hostilities. By trying to change the nature of the deal, after it was signed, they feel they are justified. 

Now I can't say don't do this or don't do that, because they just want to play the game they want to, and I want to respect that. But ffs don't try to pass this off as something it isn't. You guys were looking for any excuse you could to fight them because they have a lot of players, even though Skmarsh had agreed that the Pirates are a bigger threat (the ones that have actually taken British ports) and that we need to get the French out of the area. Which, I'll admit, they are doing. 

Call it what it is, you want to fight the U.S., which is fine. I won't take part but at least have to common decency to call it what it is. 

Edited by Galt

44 minutes ago, Galt said:

When it was made clear that the GB clans would only defend the Bahama ports against the U.S. but would not move up there to defend against the rats, it became clear that their agenda was geared to whatever excuse they can find to start hostilities. By trying to change the nature of the deal, after it was signed, they feel they are justified. 

Now I can't say don't do this or don't do that, because they just want to play the game they want to, and I want to respect that. But ffs don't try to pass this off as something it isn't. You guys were looking for any excuse you could to fight them because they have a lot of players, even though Skmarsh had agreed that the Pirates are a bigger threat (the ones that have actually taken British ports) and that we need to get the French out of the area. Which, I'll admit, they are doing. 

Call it what it is, you want to fight the U.S., which is fine. I won't take part but at least have to common decency to call it what it is. 

The US and Brits need to be fighting.  This server is too small to not have the 2 largest player blocks not fight each other.  If the allying continues it will just turn into the shit show it was pre wipe where you guys barely cracked 100 people for months.  

Your clan was the one that insisted the terms of the deal be kept only to those present and your clan were the ones that told us that lion was going against what was agreed upon and constantly blabbing about it in nation.

take a deep breath.  They'll sink some ships and take some ports. We'll sink some ships and take ports too.  Those of us who venture beyond KPR anyway. 

Go switch to US if the thought of pvp is too much for you on a pvp server.  This is a war game. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

This, right here, is why I was so glad when the Alliance system was removed. Everyone who's saying that the GB/US alliance was absolute shit for the health of the server is 100% correct (An alliance that was so effective it couldn't stop GB from being 1 ported). I actually felt sorry for any Brits or US out there who wanted nothing to do with that alliance, and who may have been more than happy to fight each other but couldn't. 

Also agree that for the Brits/US who want nothing to do with this war... Don't fight or contribute to it. The nice thing about sandbox games is the ability to do whatever you feel like. Nothing's stopping CKA and NPG from continuing their long standing cuddle party. 

Let the clans who want to fight have their battles and their fun. That's the order of things now, and it's good. 

• Like 2

Well done @Christendom for getting the ball rolling. What an entrance to Global what an ego Brilliant…

This is what GLOBAL is all about….!!!!!

Now I think you’ll agree this is a dam site more exciting than PvP EU. Expect more EU refugee inflows so start ADVERTISING your clan, your NATION on EU…

You will need more Yanks to sink me… There is a load of quivering wrecks over there just waiting… Go get them. Now the Big Cheese Eating Surrendering Monkey left, you’ll find more cowering over there I promise you…

You need more Pirates @Sir Texas Sir …? Go ask that sorry state… nah off that. Leave them there… lol

Think about it this way… war is God's way of teaching us geography…. Ready to learn?

Norfolk nChance

9 hours ago, Hodo said:

So I have adapted to the fact they are armed now.. I have learned how to mast snipe, and I have learned the weaknesses of each ship I may encounter.  While I will make mistakes, I will often not let you know they happened.

That is what makes our clan so effective for being small. I'm never joking when I say it's only 15-20 guys.  Yes we can get more on but that is the average most the time. T hough lately we been getting more like 20-25.  You have one clan that effective working with each other and almost filling a port battle them selves it can be very effective, but we are still lacking on the totlat numbers or being able to have more than one port battle team or screeners.  Pirates aren't as big as a lot of folks believe.  That is something a lot of the guys find out when they switch over from there nation.  We are the third largest nation, but we have a lot of what we call Mort Rats (our own version of carebears that stick around the capital) but we since the merger are getting a few smaller clans (FC getting pretty big on there own, but they are all new players mainly).   We aren't pushing any war with any ones cause we know we can't handle a two front war and well open world PvP is way more fun.  Right now we want other nations to grow and get strong to have better fights.  

The main thing that make us so effective is we can adapt in battles.  We also normally don't have one battle caller.  We have 1-3 guys that control the battle, but in the fight we work as a unit.  We call out targets to each other and focus fire or use each ships and players strengths (like Jean and his demasting skills, Nyrtle for his boarding and etc etc...).  I'll say it over and over I'm not some elite player, I'm very average and normally suck in 1 vs 1 if the other captain is a skilled.   

7 hours ago, VictusB said:

The pirate alts are confirmed from when they were in US, now they work for GB.  Name calling is only if you have no clue where your own name comes from...in that case choke yourself.

And the fact that you are trying to assign some kind of moral inferiority to me based on a playstyle you don't even know I have or don't have says I have won this argument.  Good day sir.

If your talking about HELL clan?   Those weren't pirate alts.  Those where US alts and sympathizers to the US.   Many of the ones that was ran out of Pirates had been suspected of being US alts and spy's even before the patch.   We just didn't have the proof or means to run them out of the nation.  Once we got the proof (and yes we have logs to prove one was either a NPG alt or dealing with one as you don't need screen shots if you know the battle loggers data).  It's really funny how the clan members that didn't go over to US weren't the problem and they left clan mid fights and didn't want anything to do with them.  Though even more funny how they ran straight to US and was taken in by some clans without batting an eye.  They where in pirates to cause rift and try to get us to fight with each other. It didn't work. I'm starting to wonder if there are some other stooges in other nations trying this too?  Oh and why are they all ways pirates alts?  You want to know something I bet BRITS, US and other nations prob have more alts than we have.   Including within the Pirate Nation.   It's not a pirate only thing.

As for my name your a freaking moron thinking it's from the movie FULL METAL jacket.  You are wrong.  Look up the HOUSTON metal band DEADHORSE.   The shirt I'm wearing in the pic in my profile has the Texas farm road on front.  An actual Texas farm road that runs north and south. It's what I normally would use for my avator but folks like you keep thinking the name is from a movie.  The shirt is from a concert NYE '95 when I was home on leave from the Navy for the first time in 14 months and went to their concert.  Cause folks started to call me that all the time when I had the shirt on and I'm from Texas I started to use it as one of my gaming handles.   The band has been around since the early 80's (Fullmetal Jacket came out in 87).  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Horse_(band)

FqS1RWa.jpg

1. Lightly derogatory term for an MMO player who avoids PVP combat, heavily preferring cooperative or solo PVE combat, chatting, or developing tradeskills/running quests. Depending on the game and the individual, this PVP avoidance can show up in several ways: by playing on strict non-PVP servers; by avoiding PVP areas or declining duels; or, by avoiding or condemning PVP players. Philosophically, they often cite unbalanced combat systems, overpowered guilds, ebayed characters, and ganking as reasons to prefer less aggressive play. The mindset can be self-sustaining in several ways: high-level "care bears" may have avatars that are tailored for PVE, not PVP; they may not network with skilled PVPplayers; or, they may morally refuse to learn aggressive PVP tactics. As an insult, the term applies less to players who merely prefer PVE to PVP and more to individuals who question the basic legitimacy of PVP or who greatly overreact to their avatars' deaths

You are against a war with another large nations.  So tell me how exactly you are not a carebear?  If you weren't you would be like, "hello kitty you BRITS BRING IT ON.  WE ARE GOING TO SLAUGHTER YOU."  

So yes your a carebear in my book.   Prove me wrong and I'll stop calling you and others that. Cause unless some one can prove me wrong I have not seen you in any fights, non-empty port battles or open world PvP.   Can any one contest that he is not just another carebear?

Sorry for the lessons off topic guys.

28 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

You need more Pirates @Sir Texas Sir …? Go ask that sorry state… nah off that. Leave them there… lol

HELL hello kitty NO WE DON'T WANT THEM ANY WHERE CLOSE TO THIS SERVER.....they can stay over there for all we care.  We don't even want them in small nations or Spain.

• Like 2

Though I am a patriotic American I do not agree with Dave's last little bit of the Gulf being taken. I mean, for Lord sakes, he is the last true Spaniard. I whole heartedly approve of it being taken back and returned to him. After doing so you and the Americans are urged to turn your attention to the Danes and liberate the southern shores of Puerto Rico and return them to Dave. Having thus atoned for your transgressions perhaps you could punish the Danes for their's.   

23 minutes ago, EdWatchmaker said:

Though I am a patriotic American I do not agree with Dave's last little bit of the Gulf being taken. I mean, for Lord sakes, he is the last true Spaniard. I whole heartedly approve of it being taken back and returned to him. After doing so you and the Americans are urged to turn your attention to the Danes and liberate the southern shores of Puerto Rico and return them to Dave. Having thus atoned for your transgressions perhaps you could punish the Danes for their's.   

Back on PvP2 we stated that all nations will have three regions even the poor dead Spanish Nation just in case some one does want to play that nation.  This keeped regions from being one ported by others.  I'll be honest every one keep that except the US.  They went and one ported Spain.  They are the only nation that has not truly every helped another nation. I'm kinda ready for them to be knocked off there high horse and actually have to fight for once.  They have the numbers to fight, the problem is they have to get out of port and actually defend them.  I know many of good captains I have fought along the US coast line that wanted to fight other nations, but the stupid alliance system keep them from doing so.  Now without it it's more clan base and we can have wars with who ever we want not matter what our nation majority wants.  

As a server we should really try to keep all nations at 3 regions so they have there home capital and two other regions to work with and regrow.  So that way we never truelly one port any one nation no matter what.  The problem is to many folks are greedy and will think, "We might as well take it before the other guys do."  Pirates where more than happy to have Spain take Santa Fe from us, but that got snagged up by the brit with our ok since we had no plans to defend it, but than they are letting us take the ports around us for now without a fight.   TO BE VERY CLEAR THAT WAS NOT ANY ALLIANCE BETWEEN PIRATES AND BRITS.  Any one could of showed up to defended those ports on either side if they had wished.  We only took Remidios cause we knew US was going to jump for that like they always do.  Lets be honest we don't want them knocking on our back door.  If they want a nice safe place to hide the GoM it should be.  They can defend those ports if they wish or they can let them go.  At that time Spain had a good number of ports still.  We would love to give that back to Spain if they ever got a population, but the problem is they wouldn't be able to keep it with current population in game.

From what I'm hearing it's the carebears that are going to loose there Conquest marks they got from empty port battles that are complaining cause now they have to fight to keep them or loose them.  Well get off your arse and get a fleet over there and fight for them.  These are all parts of the game, so lets play it.  The game is called NAVAL ACTION after all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Christendom said:

Go switch to US if the thought of pvp is too much for you on a pvp server.  This is a war game. 

My issue isn't with PvP, because my clan, save for a LOVE and RED, are the ONLY ones actually fighting a war while you guys work on your nice shiny fleets. We are the ones actually losing our ships and sinking them in return. 

My issue is with this charade of saying "They violated the terms of the agreement because it wasn't kept a secret." 

My clan was the one that insisted there be a written document with the signatures of the the clans involved. I don't want to name names and frankly I can't remember who it was that said it, but the counter was "if there is a written document, word will get out." so this became a multi clan affair in which GB clans beside TF and VCO were involved, even though it wasn't their business. But I also feel that other U.S. clans should have been involved. 

In regard to having the two biggest clans be allies, I am not saying we be "bewt frens to fwight duh wats!" I have always advocated a designated region for PvP where the U.S. and GB can initiate pb without the other getting overwhelmed, which is happening because GB has a much more clan based player base. I get it, you're professionals at what you do, but why not actually fight the people that are taking our ports (FYI, its the pirates) and not fight battles away from where both the blue and black dots on your map sit so close to the most important red dot (that's your capital.)

I also take issue with the conversation I had with some clan leaders when asked if they will be defending the British ports we are losing to the pirates and was met with "No, none of our guys are set up there, it's a long sail, we just can't do it..." But when I approached you guys about the U.S. taking a port to gain some marks, stop the rats, have a base of operations for future hostility raising sorties, I was met with "If the U.S. attack one of our ports, WE WILL DEFEND IT!" It's just blatant hypocrisy in our eyes. It was a huge spit in the face to CKA in implying that we are just wasting our time because you and the rats are a bit buddy buddy. 

Fight the yanks, fine. CKA has no reason too, we would rather operate in the north as we traditionally have, but don't do it for such an asinine reason of "well they talked about it." Especially when the clans, from my understanding, that are doing most of the fighting, aren't even the clans that were involved in the arrangement!

And in response to the notion that "The U.S./GB alliance is too strong, it kills the game!" I think it's been proven, when GB (the member of such a strong alliance) was one ported. I think that taking nations to such ineffective levels kills the game. I don't feel that one porting a nation, yes even the rats, is really such a good thing (because in the end we are all just playing a game so have fun.) But GB was certainly on hard times and between attacks from the rats and the Danes, we weren't exactly winning (at least on PvP2.) so to say that the alliance was too strong is just an alternative fact.

Edited by Galt

16 hours ago, Christendom said:

The PVP1 US players firmly believe that to keep this server healthy and vibrant, the 2 largest nations need to be at war.  The 2 biggest fish in a small pond can't be friends.  

Dude... you are a bit of a puzzle to me. You say one thing that makes me want to KOS you all weekend, then you say shit like this and I wanna invite you for a dinner...hmmm :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, koltes said:

Dude... you are a bit of a puzzle to me. You say one thing that makes me want to KOS you all weekend, then you say shit like this and I wanna invite you for a dinner...hmmm :lol:

We might still steal his purse and stab him in the back on his way home from that said dinner....you know being pirates and all...lol

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Galt said:

To much extra stuff.....

Fight the yanks, fine. CKA has no reason too, we would rather operate in the north as we traditionally have, but don't do it for such an asinine reason of "well they talked about it." Especially when the clans, from my understanding, that are doing most of the fighting, aren't even the clans that were involved in the arrangement!

Just want to give ya'll props for what ya'll have been doing the last week around the Turks and Crook area.  We where very surprised to see CKA out hunting.  Well the better members  at least.  But lets be honest ya'll wouldn't had keeped those regions even if a full 25 showed up.  While you complain about them getting there fleet ready, we have 4th rates ready to fight Port Battles.  Many don't and I'm sure it's not a secret about or SOL fleets by now.  They where going to be lost any way at this time.  Just like we didn't even try to defend Santa Fe when the Brits took it, it's to far away at this time to defend.  Most folks only have 5 ships slots, a few Out Post and maybe a hand full of ships to fight with right now.  They loose those far away from home port they are out of the fight.  Bring it on if you want to take them back.  We will rightfully defend our regions as we are almost done with our buffer.  I'm pretty sure there is one more British shallows you and you clan can come defend.   There was one Brit at George Town and he had a blast.  Did a 2 vs 1 against some HOOD guys as we watched (BLACKS money was on the Brit).  He almost beat them too, good player but can't remember his name for the life of me, but he showed up by himself and came out to have some fun.  We respected that and let him have the Skirmish with the small clan members that made it into the Port Battle.   So with that get your clan to Nassua and defend Brits last northern province (well not counting Bermuda as who in there right mind other than a trader wants to sail out there) in the Bahamas.   Make it a great port battle and hay ya'll might actually win it......

3 hours ago, Galt said:

You guys were looking for any excuse you could to fight them

It's Naval ACTION, not Naval Let's All Be Friends And Live In Peace And Harmony.

How's this for an excuse to fight, then: because it'll be fun!

• Like 6