Game-Labs Forum

WAR!!! Great Britain Declares War on the US Nation!

Christendom

20 minutes ago, VictusB said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

A little more clear?

So what your saying is that US nation has only moved three regions from there home (wait two sorry) and that is all they have expanded.  So that means if any one takes the GoM than it shouldn't effect any one else who does it?   So what do you care?  Oh and are the ones attacking our ports....so if any one should be pissed off it's pirates and they should be going to war with ya'll.  We are just being nice for now and putting up with your little attacks.   

Just so we are all clear I updated the map.

ionYPy8.jpg

• Like 3

Look at the number of replies to this thread as compared to the French-Danish threads as a prime example of why its stupid for the 2 largest server populations to be going out of their way to not fight each other.

US and Britain at war is good for the entire server.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Arsilon said:

Look at the number of replies to this thread as compared to the French-Danish threads as a prime example of why its stupid for the 2 largest server populations to be going out of their way to not fight each other.

US and Britain at war is good for the entire server.

If only we were.  As I have been trying to explain to Mr Queers and Steers US and GB are not actually going to be fighting eachother.  This is really TF and VCO ONLY (well plus their pirate alts helping) retaking all those ports for the marks.  They were the ones who took them for US in the first place.  The most recent map is correct as far as US territory in that its just the east coast down to FL.  US has no one to rub borders with other than the Pirates unfortunately unless GB or US takes the Bahamas or the rest of FL...which is unlikely it seems with so many pirates (I'm assuming they are alts) working with GB.

So no, this war is not good for anyone EXCEPT TF and VCO...it was the very reason they left US after they realized they couldn't come in and browbeat all the US clans like they did on PvP1 and they got sad. 

Good news is in 2 weeks non of this will matter.

Edited by VictusB
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VictusB said:

If only we were.  As I have been trying to explain to Mr Queers and Steers US and GB are not actually going to be fighting eachother.  This is really TF and VCO ONLY (well plus their pirate alts helping) retaking all those ports for the marks.  They were the ones who took them for US in the first place.  The most recent map is correct as far as US territory in that its just the east coast down to FL.  US has no one to rub borders with other than the Pirates unfortunately unless GB or US takes the Bahamas or the rest of FL...which is unlikely it seems with so many pirates (I'm assuming they are alts) working with GB.

So no, this war is not good for anyone EXCEPT TF and VCO...it was the very reason they left US after they realized they couldn't come in and browbeat all the US clans like they did on PvP1 and they got sad. 

Any conflict, even if isolated is still better than no conflict.

22 minutes ago, VictusB said:

Wow stooping to name calling now.  Than you go to the alts accusations.  I'm going to take a wild guess he's prob got production in those ports and don't want to loose them.  If your still at the capital than hay what does it matter if you loose all the ports in the gulf since you didn't earn them your self, VCO and TF did.   Remember this game is called Naval Action.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, forrester said:

Ok TF and VCO, I know for sure, many other US clans, though smaller than NPG werent consulted in this, and now we are asked to fight a battle that we dont want

No one is making ya'll fight anything.  They said the Gulf of Mexico.  If ya'll want to keep those regions you fight. If not than you just don't show up and loose all those regions.  I mean by what others are saying they flipped them any way so why shouldn't they get them for there new nations?

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

No one is making ya'll fight anything.  They said the Gulf of Mexico.  If ya'll want to keep those regions you fight. If not than you just don't show up and loose all those regions.  I mean by what others are saying they flipped them any way so why shouldn't they get them for there new nations?

We as MARS showed up in many port battles that were not the west coast of Florida, the other ports from New Orléans on westward were not taken by TF and VCO, but by WTF, Mars and NPG (and problably some others, I could only make one prot battle because of timing.) nor NPG caused a clash with TF and VCO, and made them join the Brits, of whom many still are my friends (sailed BRIT before the whipe) We weren't asked in any way how to run US politics, and now NPG is calling us to arms for a war we dont want and didn't cause. I feel like stuck with a load of dung that I didn't order, and I will only swap sides to the Brits if my whole clan does (doesn't look that way) I want the US to have peace for now, and get a good national congress running instead of NPG acting as if we dont exist

• Like 1

There carebears who like to trade and pve (maybe jjust grind exp like we all did?) and then there people who want to start a war because of personal grudges against the nation they used to belong with as is the case here.  Then there is being called a carebear because you don't want to participate in someone's personal vednetta war that will not benefit GB and will hurt those who have thus far been our allies.

Don't call people carebears just because they don't want to fight your personal grudge war @Christendom

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, forrester said:

We as MARS showed up in many port battles that were not the west coast of Florida, the other ports from New Orléans on westward were not taken by TF and VCO, but by WTF, Mars and NPG (and problably some others, I could only make one prot battle because of timing.) nor NPG caused a clash with TF and VCO, and made them join the Brits, of whom many still are my friends (sailed BRIT before the whipe) We weren't asked in any way how to run US politics, and now NPG is calling us to arms for a war we dont want and didn't cause. I feel like stuck with a load of dung that I didn't order, and I will only swap sides to the Brits if my whole clan does (doesn't look that way) I want the US to have peace for now, and get a good national congress running instead of NPG acting as if we dont exist

Maybe it's time ever one stop listening to NPG or any other trouble clans and working together.  Again if you help flipped them in the first place than why shouldn't you help defend them?   What if that was actually Spanish players taking them back.  Hell what if us pirates decided to take them?  Wouldn't you have to defend them too?  It doesn't matter the clan/nations that are attacking them.  They are US ports and if ya'll want to keep them you will need to move your front line to that area and do just that, defend them.  As for GB that attack any clan that doesn't want to help doesn't have to help.  They can stay back in KPR or where ever they set up at and stay out of the fight.  That is the lovely thing about not having an alliance system right now it's more player/clan base if you want to fight one nation or another.

I know MARS is more of a trader/econ clan, but if you want to protect your ports/econ you need to take up the fight and protect them.  Other wise VCO/TF and any that join them will just prove ya'll are a bunch of carebears and couldn't hold those ports any way.

Remember we have not attacked any nations yet, cause we are taking our time to build up, but by all means when ya'll attacked the Key West Region we had right to start a war and push back, but we didn't, we just went into defense mode.  If ya'll want to keep those regions than do the same.  Maybe from this some good clans will rise to the top and US will find some new leaders to lead them.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Remember we have not attacked any nations yet, cause we are taking our time to build up, but by all means when ya'll attacked the Key West Region we had right to start a war and push back, but we didn't, we just went into defense mode.  If ya'll want to keep those regions than do the same.  Maybe from this some good clans will rise to the top and US will find some new leaders to lead them.  

It's more fun to fight pirates when their pirating anyways.

2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

someone-talked.jpg

Smokescreen, he has a personal grudge against the people/nation he once called 'friend'.  That's what this war is all about, that and conquest marks for the snowflakes who missed out on 15 empty port battles.

Edited by Digital Wind

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe it's time ever one stop listening to NPG or any other trouble clans and working together.  Again if you help flipped them in the first place than why shouldn't you help defend them?   What if that was actually Spanish players taking them back.  Hell what if us pirates decided to take them?  Wouldn't you have to defend them too?  It doesn't matter the clan/nations that are attacking them.  They are US ports and if ya'll want to keep them you will need to move your front line to that area and do just that, defend them.  As for GB that attack any clan that doesn't want to help doesn't have to help.  They can stay back in KPR or where ever they set up at and stay out of the fight.  That is the lovely thing about not having an alliance system right now it's more player/clan base if you want to fight one nation or another.

I know MARS is more of a trader/econ clan, but if you want to protect your ports/econ you need to take up the fight and protect them.  Other wise VCO/TF and any that join them will just prove ya'll are a bunch of carebears and couldn't hold those ports any way.

I can agree on most of that, before VCO and TF left, we as a US were the 3rd largest faction on the server, we were not so experienced in PVP as the rats, and not that experienced in portbattles maybe as the Brits, but I was looking for a fair fight. Then there came the dispute between two large factions we are now left with a bunch of cowboys (NPG) and a couple of smaller clans, trying to fight a war that we are far from ready for. That alone kills my fun in this game now. I didnt ask for this, we just get dragged in. And I wont like to lose the few ships that I have (redeemables mostly) to a fight with my old buddies, on behalf of those cowboys....

Dont get me wrong, I like a fight or two, done a lot of screening before the wipe, but Im not inclined to do a wateless uphill battle that I did not want in the first place

Edited by forrester

1 minute ago, forrester said:

I can agree on most of that, before VCO and TF left, we as a US were the 3rd largest faction on the server, we were not so experienced in PVP as the rats, and not that experienced in portbattles maybe as the Brits, but I was looking for a fair fight. Then there came the dispute between two large factions we are now left with a bunch of cowboys (NPG) and a couple of smaller clans, trying to fight a war that we are far from ready for. That alone kills my fun in this game now. I didnt ask for this, we just get dragged in. And I wont like to lose the few ships that I have (redeemables mostly) to a fight with my old buddies, on behalf of those cowboys....

I'm calling BS on 3rd largest.  Before the Merge PvP2 US had the largest population with GB second and Pirates third.  Just GB/US is 2/3's of the serer population.  Now I'll say GB has moved into number one spot, but US has way more population than PIrates have, who are prob number three as largest nations. The problem is the majority of your name aren't PvPer and ya'll spend most of  your time doing trade and crafting.  Though seems not very well if ya'll are showing up to Port Battles in store bought ships and such lately.  

Again defend and keep what ya'll can.  US doesn't n need over half the map (well not that much).  Do like pirates are and pick a zone to protect and keep that area protected.  US expands there selves way to thin.  If you can't defend those ports than you don't need to own them.  This isn't PvP2 any more it's a whole new game.  So take your clan and get with a few others and set up what area ya'll want to keep and protect in the Gulf and do so.  By what I'm understanding is they don't plan to attack you along the east coast so your safe there.    

As an outside (not quite impartial) former GB, then US, now GB again, privateer...

I can say that I have seen most of this "in fighting" in the US.  It was mostly due to ego clashes.  While I like the guys in TF and VCO, and barely know the guys in NPG, I can say that VCO and TF tried to work with NPG.  Giving them all the rope they needed to hang themselves, and they did... not once, but several times.   Florida Keys, West End, Grand Bahamas, and Sandy Cay/Crown.   Yeah when people were telling them the tactic of giving up the wind is never a good one... nope ignored... when people told them to screen the port LONG before the battle, ignored... When people told them that trying a double flip wont work if you dont work fast, hit hard and do it as a team.  I watched, TF and VCO tell the NPG leadership these exact things... and the response was simple, "we did it before the wipe its easy."   

NPG has made countless errors in under estimating their enemies and over estimating their own fighting prowess.  Which are sure fire recipes for disaster.   

Then the other clans involved in this issues, IGG, while there are some good captains there, unfortunately they have some real children too.  Like the guy who went off in Teamspeak because he brought a brig to the port battle, when it was made abundantly clear than only Mercuries and then Navy Brigs would be let in... Note I said a BRIG, not a Navy Brig.  Then we had the famous IGG guy who sailed RIGHT under the forts guns and promptly got sunk by the square fort...  Yeah... good move.  Or the captain who was stuck in irons for 5min because he didnt know how to manual sail.  

Then from my personal encounters with all of them.  When I went raiding the US coastline recently in a Lynx, they brought Indefatigables and Surprises to try and catch a Lynx... yeah that always works... LOL   That is like bringing a bulldozer to deal with a humming bird.   Not only was it a bad call but then I managed to get them spread out so far that if I had been inclined I could have began picking them off one at a time.  

There is a reason why so many pirates have great success against the US forces.. it isnt because they are carebears, it is because they lack experience and refuse to adapt.   

• Like 6

I know 40-60% of the brits on the US server, they were on pvp1 before, my feeling the US consist mainly of former PVP2 players who didn't have that much fights.... so there may be some difference in experience, for the Rats I dont know, many names are familiar, or should I say notorious.... I like the server to be a bit balanced, and fun for all, not just for those 5-10 warmongers....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

says the scorpion crossing the river. It's not in YOUR (pirate's) nature to tell anyone they're safe from attack. <_<

US.. watch this guy.

SHhhhhhhh I'm a pirate you should never trust me, but hay I'm just trying to get the easy prey in one area for the pickings...lol

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

There is a reason why so many pirates have great success against the US forces.. it isnt because they are carebears, it is because they lack experience and refuse to adapt.   

Having been US over a year ago before I turned Pirate I can say this is one of the biggest issues with both the PvP2 GB and US players.  More the US though that think the same thing will work they been doing the last 9 months.  If it hasn't work to this date it's time for a change. A lot of the US we have fought aren't bad players so it's not really lack of experience and we have seen some newer players lead good hard fights.  The problem is they keep letting the same older players that don't come out and PvP and get into the dirty gridy things of battle lead for them when these are the same guys that show up in failfit boats and run at the first sight of any resistance.

Back in WoT we had a rule....if me or one of the other leaders aren't the first to die than we did something wrong.  That is cause we lead the fights from the front not the rear.   We fight like this in our clan on here.  You won't see any of the leaders or officers in the back (Ok maybe when I'm in a mortar brig, but that is it).  You see us in the middle of the fight with the rest of our clan members. The only way your going to get better at the PvP/RvR is to fight.  You do not get better by sitting in your port, rolling empty ports and picking on smaller nations that can't even fill a Port Battle with 25.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

SHhhhhhhh I'm a pirate you should never trust me, but hay I'm just trying to get the easy prey in one area for the pickings...lol

Having been US over a year ago before I turned Pirate I can say this is one of the biggest issues with both the PvP2 GB and US players.  More the US though that think the same thing will work they been doing the last 9 months.  If it hasn't work to this date it's time for a change. A lot of the US we have fought aren't bad players so it's not really lack of experience and we have seen some newer players lead good hard fights.  The problem is they keep letting the same older players that don't come out and PvP and get into the dirty gridy things of battle lead for them when these are the same guys that show up in failfit boats and run at the first sight of any resistance.

Back in WoT we had a rule....if me or one of the other leaders aren't the first to die than we did something wrong.  That is cause we lead the fights from the front not the rear.   We fight like this in our clan on here.  You won't see any of the leaders or officers in the back (Ok maybe when I'm in a mortar brig, but that is it).  You see us in the middle of the fight with the rest of our clan members. The only way your going to get better at the PvP/RvR is to fight.  You do not get better by sitting in your port, rolling empty ports and picking on smaller nations that can't even fill a Port Battle with 25.  

I know for a fact I am not the best PVP captain on this server, BUT I have adapted my tactics and style.  I took notes from watching Pagan Pete and his Banshee on PVP1,  I would learn from his attacks on shipping, I would engage him and watch how he would time his movements to put me at a disadvantage before the timer ran down.  So I then looked at the Privateer and the Lynx, studied their sailing profiles, tested against the AI... then took time hitting easy targets first, Player trader Brigs... then they armed them... that was a rude awakening for me.  Still captured 2 trader lynxes but it was far from easy LOL.

So I have adapted to the fact they are armed now.. I have learned how to mast snipe, and I have learned the weaknesses of each ship I may encounter.  While I will make mistakes, I will often not let you know they happened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seanjo said:

I will NOT attack an American, Swedish, Dutch or Danish ship. Is my declaration.

Maybe PVE is the server you belong to.  Who ARE you going to attack?  Rats and French, or did you forget to list those?