Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.3 - New event, PvP marks changes, changes to knowledge slots and other fixes

admin

You guys are here all talking about canoes!!! Where is the pvp with actual ships (4th rate and above)? When you sail around in a snow or mercury all you can attack is trader brigs and other tiny stuff. How about get a ship that actually matters and fight bigger ships where losing a ship it's actually costly

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

You guys are here all talking about canoes!!! Where is the pvp with actual ships (4th rate and above)? When you sail around in a snow or mercury all you can attack is trader brigs and other tiny stuff. How about get a ship that actually matters and fight bigger ships where losing a ship it's actually costly

Surprise masterrace

Especially with the mast thickness buff.

Edited by Liquicity

Pension system is ok but it should not support farming.  I believe there has been multiple suggestions how you could do that.  One of those was that a clan works as a lord protector.  Sets port timer (So that we can join our 2 small servers already), and everything that is produced through buildings is taxed by LP.  Can be just a small tax, which then moves to LPs clan warehouse.  Clan can be LP for only X ports.  Does not create resources, does not create farms, as someone actually has to pay those taxes.  Longer you keep these farms functional, more harm you cause for the game.

Which is worse exploit.

A. Devs allowing farms that produce CMs every day.  People who agreed farms with other nations get CMs for free, and people who actually play the game face these exploiters.

B. Clan creating hostility, starting a port battle.  Players producing ships, agree to sink 25 ships to produce CMs.

B option at least requires player action, and A option is not really an exploit.  I believe that move from B to A was not the best possible solution, at least not in the farm form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Talking about canoes.

Last night with the help of a Renomee, we managed to capture a Indefatigable running by himself.  So dont talk about canoes not being worth it. 

2 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Pension system is ok but it should not support farming.  I believe there has been multiple suggestions how you could do that.  One of those was that a clan works as a lord protector.  Sets port timer (So that we can join our 2 small servers already), and everything that is produced through buildings is taxed by LP.  Can be just a small tax, which then moves to LPs clan warehouse.  Clan can be LP for only X ports.  Does not create resources, does not create farms, as someone actually has to pay those taxes.  Longer you keep these farms functional, more harm you cause for the game.

Which is worse exploit.

A. Devs allowing farms that produce CMs every day.  People who agreed farms with other nations get CMs for free, and people who actually play the game face these exploiters.

B. Clan creating hostility, starting a port battle.  Players producing ships, agree to sink 25 ships to produce CMs.

B option at least requires player action, and A option is not really an exploit.  I believe that move from B to A was not the best possible solution, at least not in the farm form.

I like the tax and LP thing.  Sorry I think if my clan busted there but we should be in charge of that port. If we can't maintain the ports than we should loose it easily.  Maybe have a port coffer not a clan one.  SO the person that gets the most agro is the one in charge of that port.  Tax's can be set on the port high or low to pay for the upkeep.  A strong big clan can set the tax low for other players and pay the tax them selves or a weak or greedy clan can set the taxes high and profit off others.   If you get a greedy clan/LP than other clans might not show to help support that Lord when it's attacked.  They might get more agro and become the new lord protectors too and boot the old one out.   RvR should be more clan based than National.   

If the upkeep is not paid like a lot of the empty Spanish ports taken in the GoM on Global than the port can go agro on it's own and revert back to it's original owner.  Any conquest marks is wipe from gain and some one has to attack it again to get more.  The other thing it could revert to neutral and any one can attack it and take control of it including the same nation that once owned it before hand, but now it will have new land owners.

I actually hate war supplies other than maybe defense.  and I think it should only work for 25%.  Though with that I think we could partly bring back the flag system to make this more clan based owned tooo.  A player who plans to be the LP of that region if they win the port battle buys a flag.  They take it to that region and have to place it in front of the capital for that region. Which declares war on that region and puts it at 25% agro and declares war on it.  IF they flip the port and win the battle that person becomes the LP.  This way grinding agro isn't exactly like declaring war, but as soon as that flag is bought it's know to all what a certain clan wants to attack a region and take it.

• Like 1

People that 

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

Talking about canoes.

Last night with the help of a Renomee, we managed to capture a Indefatigable running by himself.  So dont talk about canoes not being worth it. 

If the Reno wasn't there what would you have done??!! Lol

22 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

People that 

If the Reno wasn't there what would you have done??!! Lol

I couldnt tag the Inde without the Reno. LOL I tried.  

And I would have done what I did anyway, killed the sails and stern raked it.

Not like he could turn fast enough to bring guns on me anyway.

First off, I really like this patch, and ver. 10 in general. One dura ships, more crafting woods, cool upgrades with trade-offs, these are all fantastic! This 10.3 was very welcome in removing the knowledge tree (though I ground the brig up to 4 and cerb up to 3) and the small UI changes for quality of life.

However I have to echo many in this thread when I say that PVP marks should return, along with some more favorable rate of exchange. I am happy with everything being priced in combat marks (thus available to all players eventually), but PVP players should be rewarded for the risk they take and content they create for other players. There is nothing more exciting than fighting another person, and the more we encourage this the more people will seek it out. Currently the rewards are rather paltry. I actively PVP, and will continue to so, but perhaps it should be made more worth player's time.

Thanks for the cool new content!

• Like 2

an idea comes to my mind,

what if we have sometimes a kind of turboboost for sailing in the OW for example it double your speed and its only possible to use if you are sailing at least 15 minutes without a human player in sight. at the moment you see one it stops working. and you have to wait again til your alone

• Like 1

@admin  Just wanted to thank you again for this Patch - the decision to go with Combat Marks as opposed to PvP and PvE Marks as separate entities is a huge improvement to the game, and has brought me back into the PvP Global server from the PvE server.  With this change you open the game up and allow for more styles of play to compete successfully within the same incredible world system!!  Well decided, great decision-making, and I send you much joy and thanks for your on-going efforts!

Keep up the great work - this is the best game I have ever played.

• Like 1

Dear Developers!

First of all, ur game is super, but u still stick to some mechanic make ur game unviable.

Appart from whining on forum, there is 3 reason players leave the game.

1. New players leave mainly because of the hard progress, they do mainly PVE, so PVP and especially ganking is bad for them.

2. There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.

3. PvP and PBs are wrecked in the new system.

My suggestions:

1. Give an opportunity to players below "post captain" to flag themselfs with "Naval Student flag". If they sail in this with a warship they and thier missions shouldnt be attacked in home waters, and they shouldnt attack enemy or join PVP battles either. After that rank i dont think anybody leave because of some ganks, and they should be able to defend themselfes. 

2. Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h . (It can boost PVP, smuggler activity, trader hunting/running game aswell what is good for the game). 

3. Let all players make outpost only at 1 freetown with the opportunity to move ship (automatically) and switch to ship there, so all nation PVP oriented captain can get thier joy, and we dont need sail hours and hours for some PVP, or for nothing.

Top of that i think u should make victory conditions for nations. I think u have to do it wisely, as if u destroy a nation, there will be player leak again. So i think victory conditions should be that: the nation wanted to win the map should take 3 port from 1 of these nations (British, Spain, Pirate), 2 port form 2 other nation  and 1 port from each rest nation, and has to keep all of thier ports, they own at start. If i count well, in  this system for the victory need 10 new area with the start area, but has to get from all other nations, not from one. Who wants to win, has to attack all other nations at least 1 time. The win conditions should be hard at this way, but really enjoyable. If a nation can do this, u should set the map back to the original conditions (area reset) without any other things (money, XP, ship, etc.... reset) reset. For victory the nation should get a victory mark, what shoud turn in for books what doesnt make big difference in game, but unique (like trained powder monkeys +8% relode rate, optimized strenghten rudder for same turn speed buff as optimized rudder with some +HP, and so one). If u make this System, u must change the conquest mark System to avoid fake port battles (need minimal BR to sink to get conquest marks) and u need to make the OS movement a easier to defend ports far from capital and to make available to attack nations far from home water. 

If u do this, the map will filled up with live. New players will be happy, PVP will be high, and in my opinion the game loose its player leak, and get some player growth.

Best Regards: ..

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

On 2017. 06. 30. at 11:02 PM, EL LOCO said:

I can't leave contracts in enemy ports while smuggling?  That is new and completely stupid.   There is no point in smuggling then.     Wow.  Game changer for me.  Just battling AI all day long?  boring

Atm they dont belive in thier game, so they make mechanics force players to get double character (different woods in different nations, no bid for smugglers, engame upgrade resources at different nations (like cartagena tar). If they loose u, they dont loose money, but if some players make second char. can give them some profit. The problem is that they dont understand, that this game lost players because they stick some mechanics, like real life killer OS sailing time. They started to listen to players after wipe, but i think with the population stagnation they stopped it. Maybe they just slow with changes, as they are not much. I still belive, that they will understand thier own game faults. If they do, they can be rich, if not, they dont. I feel after wipe they started to read forum, and make changes after replys, but nowdays i dont feel it again. I still hope, this should be the best game i have played ever (i started to play 25 years before :) ), but with low population and with low PVP availability its unplayable for me too, Atm for long time just playable for solo PVE players.

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 1

@admin

The current price of labor contract (LC) in conquest mark (CM) have no sense (1 LC=20 CM).

In the market average price of labor contract is 94917.5 (min=65000 max=175000). I suppose  the price of 20 conquest marks is more higher than 95k or 175000.

If take part in all PB on PVP EU after 02/06/2017 then

• Pirates: 6CM per day (can buy labor contract in 4 days)
  • España: 3CM  per day (can buy labor contract in 7 days)
  • Danmark-Norge: 5CM  per day (can buy labor contract in 4 days)
  • Sverige: 5CM per day (can buy labor contract in 4 days)
  • France: 2CM per day (can buy labor contract in 10 days)
  • Verenigde Provinciën: 3CM per day (can buy labor contract in 7 days)
  • Great Britain: 5CM per day (can buy labor contract in 4 days)
  • United States: 1CM per day (can buy labor contract in 20 days)

I suggest decrese price of labor contract to 1 conquest mark.

Edited by qw569

14 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Just build a labor office in Fort Dauphin and you will have LC for 50k gold.

That's just a 50k fee to transfer 500 Labor hours from a non-trading player to a player with a shipyard. The conquest mark exchange is about generating more labor hours in total, and for that it's prohibitively expensive with conquest marks. I bet that that trade has not been done even once yet. It should be changed.

Edited by Quineloe

Question: I think it was the latest patch (or maybe the latest hotfix) that introduced something I'm not sure is working right with repairs:

- If I pop a sail repair, the 5-2 sail repair option goes into cooldown, but so does the 5-1 hull repair option. Is that correct? I've noticed it a few times and it only seems to happen with sail repairs.

- If I do a 5-1 hull repair, only it goes on cooldown, not sail repair.

Seems weird? Am I just fat fingering things? Shouldn't it be that the only thing that goes into cooldown is the specific type of repair that you are performing? That's how it used to work. Did something change?

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

What if we could teleport FROM free town outpost, but could not teleport TO free town outpost?

I actually like this idea.  And it makes some sense.

30 minutes ago, Benedict Ahhnold said:

Question: I think it was the latest patch (or maybe the latest hotfix) that introduced something I'm not sure is working right with repairs:

- If I pop a sail repair, the 5-2 sail repair option goes into cooldown, but so does the 5-1 hull repair option. Is that correct? I've noticed it a few times and it only seems to happen with sail repairs.

- If I do a 5-1 hull repair, only it goes on cooldown, not sail repair.

Seems weird? Am I just fat fingering things? Shouldn't it be that the only thing that goes into cooldown is the specific type of repair that you are performing? That's how it used to work. Did something change?

No they both go on cool down no matter which one you use.  If you use a sail repair your sails and your hull goes on a 10min cool down. If you pop a hull repair both hull and sails go on a 10min cool down.

15 minutes ago, Hodo said:

No they both go on cool down no matter which one you use.  If you use a sail repair your sails and your hull goes on a 10min cool down. If you pop a hull repair both hull and sails go on a 10min cool down.

That's how I thought it was supposed to work, but I know for sure that sometimes I have had one available while the other was on cooldown. I'll try to replicate, but thanks for confirming how it's intended to work.

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

What if we could teleport FROM free town outpost, but could not teleport TO free town outpost?

So those exploiting the game with alt accounts don't even have to sail the warship there,  just come to the free town in a fast and cheap ship like a lynx or even a free basic cutter, get a ship provided on free town and do them things around it, and then teleport away from it when they want, to come back in a fast tiny and cheap ship later... And without alts involved just have to sail them warships and park them there and tp away, easier at empty hours or the tow to nearest deep water port, then come back in force with a fleet of cutters for the trip and restart spawning decent fleet sizes less than 10mn away from a capital, do them things, get back to free town and tp away , rinse and repeat ...

No thanks, free towns TP's is the best decision the Dev's have took in this game, they should have removed them once and for all and then end of the discussion...

Edited by Kanay
  • Like 1

I agree, as much as

24 minutes ago, Kanay said:

So those exploiting the game with alt accounts don't even have to sail the warship there,  just come to the free town in a fast and cheap ship like a lynx or even a free basic cutter, get a ship provided on free town and do them things around it, and then teleport away from it when they want, to come back in a fast tiny and cheap ship later... And without alts involved just have to sail them warships and park them there and tp away, easier at empty hours or the tow to nearest deep water port, then come back in force with a fleet of cutters for the trip and restart spawning decent fleet sizes less than 10mn away from a capital, do them things, get back to free town and tp away , rinse and repeat ...

No thanks, free towns TP's is the best decision the Dev's have took in this game, they should have removed them once and for all and then end of the discussion...

Or... park some warships at the nearest free port, when pirates / privateers bother you, announce in national chat, run back to your homeport, TP to freeport, revenge gank them with a big fleet (the others from your nation who join you) outside the free port when they try to get away with their spoils. Even better than Fallout Connies!

Or... amass a big 1st rate invasion fleet in a free port by sailing them in via small groups over the course of a few days. When ready, everyone in the clan TPs to the free port and a "flash fleet" is formed to invade a nearby enemy port.

Or... chase that lone pirate / privateer into a freeport. Under the current system, he is stuck there and must run your blockade to get out, or log off and do something else and hope you go away. But with free port teleport... shazam! He gets to go back to his national capital or whatever and play some other part of the map entirely.

TLDR teleports are always a problem and are always exploited. They need to stay out of the game.