Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.3 - New event, PvP marks changes, changes to knowledge slots and other fixes

admin

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

The problem isnt just alt farming.  It is just the broken nature of this new combat mark system.  For those of us who had PVP marks and earned them fighting were just screwed.  That is what people are pissed at.  That and the other factor of WHY bother PVPing or trade hunting, which is FAR more historically accurate that the BS port battle screening or port battles that every has a hard-on for.   This is kind of the issue.  

While I have a chance at capturing a trade ship that MIGHT have something valuable in it, there is a bigger chance of it being empty.  Then there is the factor of the ship itself not being worth much.   I think I can dump a trade brig for around 30-50k depending on the market.   I can make that doing a 6th rate fleet mission by myself in a navy brig in half the time and a 1/4 of the risk.   Not to mention get better loot, and more combat marks.  So why not do PVE missions?  Why bother doing PVP at all?

Don't trade in your pvp marks.  A lot of us are upset.   I have 22 and earned them hard.  In fact. I sunk their ships (traders with cargo)  in order to get a pvp mark .   So I literally sent hundreds of thousands of gold worth to the bottom of the sea for a pvp mark.     ARGH!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

Don't trade in your pvp marks.  A lot of us are upset.   I have 22 and earned them hard.  In fact. I sunk their ships (traders with cargo)  in order to get a pvp mark .   So I literally sent hundreds of thousands of gold worth to the bottom of the sea for a pvp mark.     ARGH!

well since I have no other reason to play now I could go to EU server and kill the younglings as many as possible try to kill off that server as fast as possible for the sake of global. that seems like a good reason to pvp yea? they said we need to come up with our own reasons for pvp that seems like a good one.

1 hour ago, Aphilas said:

That's fighting 3 bellonas, and some 4th rates in mostly 5th rates btw. Compared to a single PvE mission.

You, personally, got 4 assists and 0 kills with pretty small damage numbers, what do you expect.

When you're in a fleet and everyone else is doing all the damage then..... yeah. PvE works the same way, even.

Actually looking at it again, you CAPTURED 7 ships. So that was your reward. What were they? If they were good Surprises then you basically made 700k in there. If they were Aggies or something then you made millions.

Edited by Slamz

37 minutes ago, EL LOCO said:

yea I would agree don't trade in you marks. just hold onto them maybe the devs will listen and make them worth more than 2 ai kills. . and if they don't you can always use them to remember what naval action could have been.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

well since I have no other reason to play now I could go to EU server and kill the younglings as many as possible try to kill off that server as fast as possible for the sake of global. that seems like a good reason to pvp yea? they said we need to come up with our own reasons for pvp that seems like a good one.

Uh....I'm not exactly sure how this statement should be responded to, but I don't think it should be taken well by the community.

6 hours ago, Slamz said:

Actually looking at it again, you CAPTURED 7 ships. So that was your reward. What were they? If they were good Surprises then you basically made 700k in there. If they were Aggies or something then you made millions.

You realize that in battles like this everyones uses up 40-50 hull repairs, 15-30 rig repairs and 100+ rum? At current prices that is around 80-100k. Multiply that by 15 people participating in battle on our side. That's 1.2-1.5 mill spent on consumables alone. Lost 4 ships, capped 7, so differece i 3 ships.

And other side got nothing at all while had, I asume, around 8-12 mill worth of losses.

• Like 1

There is a mantra and it's often repeated: don't sail what you can't afford or can't replace. - When it's to expensive downgrade.

I like the current system. For me as a raider it's a choice. Be well equipped and slow or for the sake of speed go out with a minimum of a supply. I even like the logistic that is necessary to maintain my ship down in enemy territory.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

There is a mantra and it's often repeated: don't sail what you can't afford or can't replace. - When it's to expensive downgrade.

I like the current system. For me as a raider it's a choice. Be well equipped and slow or for the sake of speed go out with a minimum of a supply. I even like the logistic that is necessary to maintain my ship down in enemy territory.

I loved it. I just wished we could still get rewarded for it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

guys idk if you new this but the rewards for killing a player are split among the people with kill/assits. so what your saying about 4 suprises killing one cerbus. that cerb was worth 3 pvp marks. that means that one person prolly got 2 marks for the kill and 1 person got 1 mark for the assists. the other 2 surprises captains got nothing. so the mechanic your talking about was already somewhat in place. its was very much so a waste of time for 4 surprises to kill one cerbus. and now that pvp marks are gone its even more a waste of time.

and the reason you didn't hear any calls out for help is because many of your pvpers just quit yesterday... so they just went back to pvp games.

Hmm ... noone of our PvP players (clan) quit. Actually no PvP players that i know quit. Maybe i don't know many cause i just remember those who face fair fights or even fight if they are slighly outnumberd. Maybe just the gankers quit? i don't know. as far as i noticed in the short time i was able to be online yesterday there was alot pvp going on. big battles and not just revenge fleets against gankers. and the number showed more players then in the days before that patch ... maybe all just coincident ... i can see way more players (even pvp players) who are fine with this patch and actually thats something good for everyone .... if gankers quit more new players will stay. is there anything bad about that? ... just the amount of combat marks recieved for pvp and the exchange rate in my point of view is a bad joke ... 

and to the first thing you mentioned ... i can't remember if you used the same words but many say something challanging like pvp with the risk of loss should be more rewarding and something easy should be less rewarding. whats the challange in fighting 4 vs 1 ... no challange at all so it should give no reward at all ... but still it gives reward ... just because it's splitted by 4 it's still the same reward and you can easier sink 4 ships 1 by 1 then 4 ships fighting at the same time .... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Guruthos said:

Hmm ... noone of our PvP players (clan) quit. Actually no PvP players that i know quit.  

I know that PvP (at least for now) ended in our clan after the patch. Out of approx. 8 that did PvP, all went into doing PvE. Those players will quit soon, as they are already getting bored with PvE. They feel they need to do this to improve their ships though.

Problem with a current system is that PvP is nowhere as rewarding as PvE. The issue with an old system was alt farming. I can see a solution that would fix both systems, and in the same time give us a simple, engaging and meaningful mechanics. You can find details below:

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

This what happened though - PvP marks being converted to combat marks in a ratio 2 vs 1 - feels like eg. government taking funds off your bank account. I had a total of 39 heavily earned marks, and their value went from 3 mil to 156k in one day, as everyone can PvE-farm for them now.

• Like 4

Dear Developers!

Thank u for the patch!

If u go on this way, i will be in the game till the end.

i think the last patches are really good, but there are still things killing ur super game.

This map and OS travel system just pain for most of the players. I have a small guild, half of them PVP fun, but they couldnt do any, because we cant get together, or if we can, we sail 1 hour to zones we should find enemy, but there is noone. After it we sail back 1 hour.

I suppose a new travel system, and plz read it.

U should take out tow to port function. It's bad for the trader hunters, as most of traders just go near to targeted port with unexpected way, and he tow to the port, so they dont have risk.

U should let ships without cargo move automatically. The ships sended to another port automatically get "on the way mark" till he reach the targeted port. The ships should arrive after time reset every day.

This system should give to small guilds to get enough people for thier planned action much easier, so this can boost PVP, trade, port flips, PB-s, everything. if u look at this system, first seems it will cause less OS sea action, but its false. If player can move automatically the meaningless, 99% no action ship movment, they can cargo, fight, port flip instead of, what means this system should boost action.

But if u do this, its still not enough. U cant make a game, where player have to go for thier action for hours, and maybe they wont be succes. So u should really get back the old freetown outpost system, where we could make outpost to freetowns and we could "teleport" to ships in it.Maybe let 1 player to get only 1 freetown port, or maybe freetown port outpost should cost far more than in homeport, like 100-250 K.

The 2 changes i wrote are reallly important, without them player base will slowly fall. If u make this changes, i m pretty sure, player base will rise again.

There should be players whining about this suggestion. just think, if u do this, nobody will leave the game because of it (they can whine), if u dont, lots will leave slowly.

Third really important thing u must change the conquest mark system. Me and some of my guildies just couldnt get defend point to a PB, just becaues it was a fake flip, and "traitors" of our nation jus look after our position, and drive us out with thier alts, while thier guildmates could farm def points just at the same position. Is this good? National against same national with alts fighting each other for empty PB-s. 

U should give 3 conquest mark to every player in the winning team, 1 conquest mark in the looser team. U should give 1 more conquest mark for every kill, and 1/2 for every assist. To get thiese conquest marks in 4 th rate battle the looser team loses should be at least 2500 BR, in line ship battle should be minimum 5000 BR, else no conquest mark for the battle. Daily multiplier is bad idea imo.

Another important thing is that u should support PVP much more. U cant give such a low PVP reward. PVP: 1 hour to there, 1 back, not sure to have, high risk. So for high risk for 2 hour play u get  nearly the same reward as for 10-20 min PVE, that s bad. PVP marks should turn to combat marks like 1/10 ratio.

U should make PVP zones, like flipped ()at 50% hostility points) areas should give 2x, 3x more PVP mark. to streghten the weak nations (they make usualy defensive PB-s) maybe flip areas should give 4x multiplier to the defensive ships to boostthier activity.

Thx for ur attention.

Edited by DrZoidberg
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Snoggy said:

The devs already killed off PvP when they took away freeports.... takes an hour just to get to a decent spot.

I assume they want players to live in virtual open world the way that one can predict areas of PvP and create areas of national interest (resources, protected warehouses and workshop, supply lines) It is not possible to have this when players can teleport hundreds of miles and rush on any place, any time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Armored_Sheep said:

I assume they want players to live in virtual open world the way that one can predict areas of PvP and create areas of national interest (resources, protected warehouses and workshop, supply lines) It is not possible to have this when players can teleport hundreds of miles and rush on any place, any time.

Nowdays u cannot make games succesfull, if u force player into boring actions for hours without ensure the succes. It just will slowly kill the populaton. I dont say OS sailing is useless, but after exploring the map (outpost making).

I think that a good solution for more rewarding pvp is to to increase rewards by 10 times for pvp and the closer the br the better rewards. So all the groups of gank fleets go away. There is no honour in killing a guy with 4 or 5 guys helping. 

Maybe some kind of reputation system would be nice as well

I live Freeport to Freeport.  These changes in the last few weeks have been great.  I have to plan my trip, how long I'll be away from home, what I'll need as a backup plan, what will happen if I fail, what I'll do with captured ships ect ect.  It's no longer Port out fight and return to safety.  It's planning every move and making sure I can survive. 

It's awesome.  Now I can either get marks or cap a ship I like its win win

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DrZoidberg said:

Nowdays u cannot make games succesfull, if u force player into boring actions for hours without ensure the succes. It just will slowly kill the populaton. I dont say OS sailing is useless, but after exploring the map (outpost making).

That is a good point. 

Question Do you consider good or bad that you are open to attack when you are unwilling to be attacked ?

How do you know for sure that you won't cross a enemy sailing out ?

With teleport there is a assurance you won't be attacked.

I see that as limitative as it removes half the pvp opportunities. You know, the ones where you are unwilling to pvp but the enemies are willing to pvp.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

I think that a good solution for more rewarding pvp is to to increase rewards by 10 times for pvp and the closer the br the better rewards. So all the groups of gank fleets go away. There is no honour in killing a guy with 4 or 5 guys helping. 

Maybe some kind of reputation system would be nice as well

No....  We attacked a reno surprise and frigate in 2 mercs and a snow last night wrecked reno then beat the frig and surprise into running...  We should of got more rewards for being under gunned and out classed and won

• Like 2