Game-Labs Forum

In response to our most honourable enemy the spanish nations tribunal complaint 'British using basic cutter exploit'

JCDC

1 hour ago, victor said:

1) A "kamikaze" Basic cutter is not just any other kamikaze ship since it is a free kamikaze ship.

2) you told us (or at least this was what I understood) - when you changed BC rules of engagement - that BC, being free ships, should not be used (in swarms) to tag and kill costly ships, because there is no risk on the side of the BC swarm, since - if they die - they do not suffer any loss while the loss of the costly ship would be an actual loss. And this "no risk" kind of engagement was unfair.

so I do not see why free BC could be used (alone or in swarms) to kill costly ships when they are pulled into battles on purpose: also in BC kamikaze tactics there is no risk on the side of the BC: they die and they do no suffer any loss while the costly ships that blows up with them is destroyed and suffers an acutal loss. Also here I see some kind of "no risk" engagement on the side of the BC.

We will fix the BC - but i guarantee you - British will come en force in the next cheapest ship and will burn your fleet. They have not yet realized that it is much easier to pull the same feat off with heavier ships. But they will. 

1 hour ago, Gizbo said:

cutters can pull AI fleets to the pull players into that battle is what we are saying nothing wrong with a fireship but using a BC & AI to pull players that a cutter should not be able to tag for pvp 

Are you both suggesting to switch off group pve attack for basic newbie ships?
Ability to attack NPCs will - has to - remain for all ships including basic cutters. Otherwise new players wont be able to pve together at all.
Captains should learn to avoid or find a counter (which are many) - for new players... and science

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

The problem is that basic cutters are free, nothing else. If there would be a risk involved for the light fireships it wouldnt be a problem.

the issue of BC will be solved by removing explosion strength from it (which will also help new players to explode less)

I am just saying.

if basic cutters can cause so much trouble imagine fleets of fire fitted brigs or frigates.
eO2Ldvc.jpg

I personally cant wait for things players can figure out with them.

• Like 8

We will fix the BC - but i guarantee you - British will come en force in the next cheapest ship and will burn your fleet. They have not yet realized that it is much easier to pull the same feat off with heavier ships. But they will.

May be, but those other ships cost MONEY and not are FOR FREE. May be you think this detail is not important but is decisive in this case. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, admin said:

RHfDZXL.jpg

It is just your opinion. Not an opinion of 15-20 successful light ship captains who will remember this exciting moment forever (and probably a line ship owner will remember it too for a couple of years). Someone will be unhappy in those experiences but those are the historical experiences we are selling.. Sorry if it does not suit your personal plans. BC issue will be solved but ships will burn and will die from cheap ships if they are not careful

They are not cheap they are free! my personal plans involve the game being a success! by justifying this kind of nonsense im not sure our plans align.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, admin said:

the issue of BC will be solved by removing explosion strength from it (which will also help new players to explode less)

I am just saying.

if basic cutters can cause so much trouble imagine fleets of fire fitted brigs or frigates.
eO2Ldvc.jpg

I personally cant wait for things players can figure out with them.

I think I said it before just make it where you can't put certain skills on the basic cutter. It's meant to be a learning ship not the one you expert kite/kill 1st rates in.  So it should be used as just that a learning ship or last ship in fleet.  Really should be sent to closest out post you own when you killed not closes friendly so that way the only reason you shoudl use a basic cutter is if you are out of all your ships.  Think of how POTBS had the fallbacks for when you ran out of ships, but you can only get a new one if you had no other ships at all.  Something like that would keep the BC as a newbie learning ship and not a ship RA's use to have low risk high reward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deltonos said:

This is a LOVELY game, thanks admin for your impartial-partial-nosense aportation to forums.

arcoiris-04.jpg

Seems like admin is being fair all around buddy.  Get over it.

Cutterbombs were legit when used against GB and they are now legit when used by them.  The honor of using such is of course up to each captain.  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Christendom said:

Cutterbombs were legit when used against GB and they are now legit when used by them.  The honor of using such is of course up to each captain.  

People online have no honor! so we end up with a shit show of a game.

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Some of the brits used a fireship on us last night.  While it messed some us up, but it did more damage to them than us.  Aggy boarding a Frigate and we both lost 220 crew.  That instantly destroyed the Frigate that had preperation on me when I didn't....   So yah it's not all ways an effective thing and I was able to get back to 90% sails and some what good chunk of those crew back after it to still be combat effective in that fight.   That certain group lost all 4 ships and we none.   All it did was cost me some rum and repairs.

15 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Cutterbombs = allahu akbar  

IRONIC MODE ON

I dont have to remind spaniards, and mostly southmen like me, have a minimum percent of arabic genetics, right? Hope to be prepared with my "Rachid Al Salam Bin Gadafi Al Husseim IV Cutter " most armed ship.

tumblr_inline_nffc9uBtIT1rea0r5.jpg

(This was a model-B of our NukeCutterBomb in testing fase next to Savanahh, our brave mates are practing the "Wave Dancing Style" in a private session with Pakistan Navy)

IRONIC MODE OFF

@Christendom : things like this, ppl abussing of this fails in game, make all the project get to /dev/null , like another one wrote before: 3 years of development .. for what? I dont wanna better graphics or game perfomance, I want a stable game with fair rules.

Edited by deltonos
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, deltonos said:

Cutterbombs = allahu akbar  

IRONIC MODE ON

I dont have to remind spaniards, and mostly southmen like me, have a minimum percent of arabic genetics, right? Hope to be prepared with my "Rachid Al Salam Bin Gadafi Al Husseim IV Cutter " most armed ship.

tumblr_inline_nffc9uBtIT1rea0r5.jpg

(This was a model-B of our NukeCutterBomb in testing fase next to Savanahh, our brave mates are practing the "Wave Dancing Style" in a private session with Pakistan Navy)

IRONIC MODE OFF

@Christendom : things like this, ppl abussing of this fails in game, make all the project get to /dev/null , like another one wrote before: 3 years of development .. for what? I dont wanna better graphics or game perfomance, I want a stable game with fair rules.

I don't disagree on the usage.  Frankly I think it's bullshit that a captain can risk nothing in a free basic cutter and potentially firebomb an ocean which costs maybe a million + god knows how much effort, marks and collecting mats....it's honestly game breaking for me.  Sure @admin says there are tactics to avoid such bombcutters, but it really really really needs to be fixed through development methods rather than being out sailed.  The fact that it hasn't and it seems is encouraged is rather shocking.  Fireships were a legit tactic in history, but they weren't free and they came at considerable risk to the captains of put them into position and nearby ships.  

I also think the captains who do resort to such tactics are bad hombres and I personally wouldn't use them or allow my clan to do so.  

I was simply responding that admin's comments on the matter (basic cutters) have been fair and consistent, even if most don't agree.  As one of the more vocal opponents of some of his choices and been on the receiving end of some unfair decisions (IMO), I can at least see when he's trying to rule the realm with a fair hand.

"Allahu Akbar" might not be the best choice of words given the recent evens of the past month or so however.....

48 minutes ago, Bountyhunter said:

They are not cheap they are free! my personal plans involve the game being a success! by justifying this kind of nonsense im not sure our plans align.

Admin said they would tweak BC explosions....several times.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, victor said:

And ships exploding by means of green on green deliberate fire what are?

Really ... I do not understand!

Focus! Ready?

How else were fireships lit on fire? 

5 hours ago, Lordicious said:

So, you will allow alts to blend in, and once a group of 1st rates sail together catch fire and sail in causing devastating results and financial collapse to 'green team' ? then say sorry I am new. I am talking about someone who catches fire and causes friendly damage. 

Is this allowed?

Why is this so hard to understand? If fireships were on YOUR side and hit themselves willingly its allowed. If by hitting themselves they deliberately damaged you (the guy on the same team) by explosion then its a banable offence, since you did not allow your friendlies to hit you

2 hours ago, admin said:

Thats all good, as long as fireships wont become so powerful that it will turn all PBs into tag game tactics.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, koltes said:

Thats all good, as long as fireships wont become so powerful that it will turn all PBs into tag game tactics.

Ya, +1 to this.  Fireship shouldn't be the main tactic.  But, it can be easily countered in a PB.  Chain their sails and turn tail.  Same with OW really.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

The issue isn't fireships nor is it asymmetrical tactics.  It's using a workaround to get a free ship meant for PvE into a battle it really shouldn't be in.  Bring brigs or lynxs or whatever you want.  the issue is that the Basic Cutter is absolutely free, you get no PvP marks for sinking it and so carries no risk. 

Seeing as your tactics have been sanctioned by the tribunal we intend to make it impossible for your puppies to do missions or operate safely doing pve and we will carry no risk.  But we will get PvP marks, we already tested it out this morning on one of your captains in a snow :)

Just as "free, no-PvP marks and no risk" as when you guys used it aplenty - as shown above. In the future you'd might want to actually refute someone's argument :rolleyes:

Nice to see that you're gonna specifically target mission-runners and lowbies in snows too.

Pathetic.

13 hours ago, Suricato Rojo said:

You are right. I took an screenshot while we were whining...

311310_screenshots_20170619184742_1.jpg

That was before your humiliating defeat and is part of the game, I didn't whine about it, I just got on with the game. Feel free to cry some more though.

12 hours ago, _Alucard_ said:

You still don't understand. I'll do it again.

Suricato's picture is a fair fight where he sinks the user who was whinning here. And with the same ship. Skill is required

Your pictures are meaningless and skill is not necesary to sink/capture a traders brig.

And yes, you don't have to prove me anything. I know you.

Where was I whining?

• 1 month later...