Game-Labs Forum
Black Spawn

ClanTool v1.0 - Webbased Organizer for clans of every size

This could be very useful for me (if I can figure it out). ;)

I might ask more if I get stuck. :P

34 minutes ago, jodgi said:

This could be very useful for me (if I can figure it out). ;)

I might ask more if I get stuck. :P

Some variables are rather tricky to extract. For now AFAIK there is no way of getting shipspeed and armor thickness out of the API unfortunately. 

If anyone has found speed let me know... ^_^

Would it be possible to make a selection of harbors in the traders section?
It could be very helpful to be able to select a few harbors and then get a list of all the BP, SP and stock of all listed wares side by side, making it easy to spot the profitable goods to haul between the selected ports? 

2 hours ago, Lord Delicious said:

Now all NA has to do is just copy and paste.

I hope they have better things to do than tinker with the UI. ;)

1 hour ago, Martposs said:

Would it be possible to make a selection of harbors in the traders section?
It could be very helpful to be able to select a few harbors and then get a list of all the BP, SP and stock of all listed wares side by side, making it easy to spot the profitable goods to haul between the selected ports? 

Just open 2 separate tabs in your browser. ^_^ i couldnt think how to neatly arrange something like this since there are different wares in each port....

8 hours ago, Black Spawn said:

Isnt that what the whole tool does? List available wares in different views? :blink: Help me out here...

Yeah after cross referencing the in game tool and your wares table on the trade page I worked out how it was displayed. I didn't realise that the wares table was the available column for some ports and the consumes column for capitols. Nice work this is going to help loads :)

8 hours ago, Black Spawn said:

Some variables are rather tricky to extract. For now AFAIK there is no way of getting shipspeed and armor thickness out of the API unfortunately. 

If anyone has found speed let me know... ^_^

As I'm rather awkward at this I was wondering  what the most effective way of searching or parsing the API file is? Notepad and all the fancy alternatives then Ctrl-F kinda works, at least for the simple stuff that I'm trying to do.

I'm picturing you having a sheet and script that rereads API and refreshes the sheet with everything ordered and readable. Or do you use one of those online "code in the cloud" thingies?

I often like to learn new things and this gives me the needed motivation to dive into how to best work with the info in the API dump file.

I tried to paste the file into an online json viewer, but that clearly wasn't a good idea. What is the syntax anyway?

1 hour ago, jodgi said:

As I'm rather awkward at this I was wondering  what the most effective way of searching or parsing the API file is? Notepad and all the fancy alternatives then Ctrl-F kinda works, at least for the simple stuff that I'm trying to do.

I'm picturing you having a sheet and script that rereads API and refreshes the sheet with everything ordered and readable. Or do you use one of those online "code in the cloud" thingies?

I often like to learn new things and this gives me the needed motivation to dive into how to best work with the info in the API dump file.

I tried to paste the file into an online json viewer, but that clearly wasn't a good idea. What is the syntax anyway?

Its JSON-ish but not really.

I have a function parsing it into a workable JSON:

<?php
function fetchEndpoint($endpointUrl)
                    {
                      $content = file_get_contents($endpointUrl);            
                      if($content!==null && is_string($content))
                      {
                        $equalPos = strpos($content, '=');
                        if($equalPos!==false)
                          $content = trim(print_r(substr($content, $equalPos+1), true), ' ;');
                        $JSON = json_decode($content,1);
                        return $JSON;
                      }
                      return null;
                    }
?>

all you then need is the file

<?php
$templates = "http://storage.googleapis.com/nacleanopenworldprodshards/ItemTemplates_cleanopenworldprodeu1.json";                    
$JSON = fetchEndpoint($templates);
?>

and a loop to go through it:

<?php
$max = sizeof($JSON);

for($i = 0; $i < $max;$i++)
           { 
                if ($JSON[$i]['ItemType'] == "RecipeShip"){
                       .......some code............    
                }
           }
?>

But for datamining there is no way around a notpad. I can highly recommend Sublimetext. Best Editor IMO with many fancy shortcuts.

Get it set the syntax to JSON (View Syntax->Javascript>JSON)

Mark any {"__type" and press CTRL+F. Click Find all. Press the LeftarrowKey once and press Enter. Wait. Select every thing with CTRL+A and press F9. Enjoy ^_^

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Spawn said:

@sveno @rediii

This might interest you. Added a commander's view as I would call it:

PICTURE

Sure the right direction, looks very nice! Now, if multi-clan with corresponding clantags would be possible, that would be marvelous.
Maybe it also makes sense if you can enter other members ships into the database as commander (not all will like to use a webbased form).

Many thanks to follow up on our suggestions - lets see if redii has some additional comments here....

Edit: The full fleet view should only be available to commanders, that is too sensitive info for all users.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Black Spawn said:

@sveno @rediii

This might interest you. Added a commander's view as I would call it:

Looks awesome :) 

7 hours ago, sveno said:

Sure the right direction, looks very nice! Now, if multi-clan with corresponding clantags would be possible, that would be marvelous.
Maybe it also makes sense if you can enter other members ships into the database as commander (not all will like to use a webbased form).

I agree and don't have more points to add.

Thanks for the good work! 

15 hours ago, sveno said:

Many thanks to follow up on our suggestions - lets see if redii has some additional comments here....

Edit: The full fleet view should only be available to commanders, that is too sensitive info for all users.

Adding mutli-clan support should be easy.

So every clan has its own production, crafting, sale and shipyard section but combined captain files. the view of captain files is then split in clans instead of pvp/pve maybe?

How would you like to add ships. Just the location and ship or see the actual username?

User rights can be set individually and are only set and checked on serverside with session-variables so should be safe-ish. Hence the commander's view should stay restricted if you dont have an insider on the admirality.

I am not sure yet on how i should distribute the package after release yet. Public for all or after some kind of approval. :unsure:

Edited by Black Spawn

24 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

it say i need additional right to use it (kierrip)

Use the provided login:

Name:        Test_User
Password:    test

Registration is for later use.

Got this Message: You need additional rights. Please contact an officer on TS .

Nitro didnt find my registration.

I try the Testuser thing first

2 minutes ago, Lucius Esox said:

Got this Message: You need additional rights. Please contact an officer on TS .

Nitro didnt find my registration.

I try the Testuser thing first

problem solved. wrong link.

• Like 1

Is the database local or online? If it's online:

How is the database secure against the website creator reading the data and finding out the details of enemy clans? Is the database encrypted in a way that the creator cannot crack or read? 

I may be missing something, but registration sounds like there's an online interaction, which leaves room for reading the data.

Also:

Did you release the entire source in the open and was it verified?

Looks like great work but someone should be asking the important questions and I guess it's my turn today. ;-)

Edited by Tenet

2 minutes ago, Tenet said:

How is the database secure against the website creator reading the data and finding out the details of enemy clans? Is the database encrypted in a way that the creator cannot crack or read?

Certainly a legitimate question although given that the creator spends an enormous amount of time figuring out the API and then publishing for the entire community his findings it would seem he has in the past acted more for the good of the game rather than seeking an edge for himself and his clan.

• Like 1

Just now, Farrago said:

Certainly a legitimate question although given that the creator spends an enormous amount of time figuring out the API and then publishing for the entire community his findings it would seem he has in the past acted more for the good of the game rather than seeking an edge for himself and his clan.

Most definitely. I have no reason to suspect foul play, I just think it has to be asked as standard procedure. 

54 minutes ago, Tenet said:

Is the database local or online? If it's online:

I may be missing something, but registration sounds like there's an online interaction, which leaves room for reading the data.

Also:

Did you release the entire source in the open and was it verified?

Looks like great work but someone should be asking the important questions and I guess it's my turn today. ;-)

I am not sure in what way the release of the tool would be best.  The database is online - MySQL as I wrote in the specs. 

As I see it there are two options after release: 

- give the whole package away to give everyone the sourcecodes and databasestructure. That would also include to have a decent webspace to host it. But on the plus side,  only the owner of the webspace had access to the database.

or

- host it as it is now with multi-nation and multi-clan support and hope the donations cover my costs. 

While running on my webspace i could in theory read all data - yes. But I would have absolutely no intention of doing so. The database is not encrypted but as MySQL standard password protected as such. Also the rights and user IDs are stored in session variables so it should be safe-ish from my point of view. Additionally i might say that all passwords are hashed with md5 so there is no way to see them. 

First option was my intended solution so far. 

Satisfied or thoughts? ^_^

• Like 2

Very satisfied. I prefer the first option and hope you do setup a donation link in that case. Cheers! 

I had a look at it yesterday. I guess you put alot of effort in that. Gameslab should buy that from you and bring it into the game ;)

Defenetly will donate something for it as soon as we can use it :)

• Like 1

Satisfied when it comes to DB protection, i would like to have a download, its very sensitive what is entered.

Maybe make a donate button into the template to cover your coding/update costs?

15 hours ago, Black Spawn said:

I am not sure in what way the release of the tool would be best.  The database is online - MySQL as I wrote in the specs. 

As I see it there are two options after release: 

- give the whole package away to give everyone the sourcecodes and databasestructure. That would also include to have a decent webspace to host it. But on the plus side,  only the owner of the webspace had access to the database.

or

- host it as it is now with multi-nation and multi-clan support and hope the donations cover my costs. 

While running on my webspace i could in theory read all data - yes. But I would have absolutely no intention of doing so. The database is not encrypted but as MySQL standard password protected as such. Also the rights and user IDs are stored in session variables so it should be safe-ish from my point of view. Additionally i might say that all passwords are hashed with md5 so there is no way to see them. 

First option was my intended solution so far. 

Satisfied or thoughts? ^_^

i would like to see the first option