Game-Labs Forum

naval no action

3 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

Whatever, I don't care anymore. Revenge fleets didn't exist back in the age of sail, but they do in NA. If people weren't lazy and would get off their asses and go to enemy territory and revenge fleet them by raiding them it would make a lot more sense. But whatever, I don't give a rats ass anymore. I spent 5k hours testing this game and the fact we are still having debates over revenge fleets just absolutely makes me laugh hysterically. The cringe is so real right now. Yeah I know, teleporting revenge fleets are good for the game, I've heard that story enough. 

fine then make the battle pull everything with a 4 grid radius. all the AI all the players within 4 grids on the map gets pulled into fight. then battle can close instantly. there is your realism. so if you pull a fight in front of KPR then everything from port morant to savannah la mar gets pulled into your battle.

good luck finding a fight that you can win with that.

Edited by King of Crowns

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

you have a good point. if your clan is to small to counter revenge fleet then perhaps you need to do some recruiting or change your hunting location. the game will not go back to what it was (hopefully)

A clan can always make friends with some other clans and hunt together. They can find clans with similar interest and do things together. Their are 300 other people on our server. If you can't find at least 10 others to kill with then that clan has to look internally to what is wrong. 

I have played some 30 MMO's with Purge, we always find some like minded folks to murder with. 

4 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

Whatever, I don't care anymore. Revenge fleets didn't exist back in the age of sail, but they do in NA. If people weren't lazy and would get off their asses and go to enemy territory and revenge fleet them by raiding them it would make a lot more sense. But whatever, I don't give a rats ass anymore. I spent 5k hours testing this game and the fact we are still having debates over revenge fleets just absolutely makes me laugh hysterically. The cringe is so real right now. Yeah I know, teleporting revenge fleets are good for the game, I've heard that story enough. 

btw haven't you seen master and commander...... surprise was sent to find the acheron that was reported over there. # realism

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vllad said:

This statement proves my entire point. The PB's are just a small part of RvR. It is what you do in the open water that matters more than the Port Battles. The fact that you can't see this is why you are frustrated. 

Plus the fact that you think it is lame we found a way to counter revenge fleets just tells me your entire argument is void. 

I play in a clan of 15 members and we kill revenge fleets. We do that by working with our nation and other clans. Zerg requirements not necessary. This game is not a sandbox it is a massive RvR game and the minute you start playing it properly NA OW mechanics will start to working for you as intended. 

You joined a nation. Start using that nation. 

Yeah I do think camping on a battle position is lame, because that's not quite my idea of a realistic (and newly hardcore) game, as it's advertised on Steam.

If the descrpition was advertised as Arcade (instant success etc.) sure, but it's not. If you get attacked without any help in range/sight, you're doomed. And as, in a realistic version, reinforcements wouldnt be able to come and help, the attackers should at least get a chance of escaping.

Basically you're suggesting everyone prefering 1v1 - 5v5 frigate engagements to not enjoy the game as they do anymore and join the fallout constitution squads. nah thanks.

Arena luckily will not have to deal with anything similar.

By the way - From my understanding, a fleet of 15 ships is already huge for Global server measurements.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Vllad said:

I have played some 30 MMO's with Purge, we always find some like minded folks to murder with. 

RvR in every MMO I have played so far is pure zerg - > Pure shite.  Your fleet of 15, is a big fleet already in NA.

I really hope NA will do better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

btw haven't you seen master and commander...... surprise was sent to find the acheron that was reported over there. # realism

The Admiralty had knowledge of Acheron route before her departure from port (spies in both nations, also was mentioned on the movie), but never knew the exact location of the battles to send a revenge fleet, that was impossible.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, admin said:

which would be?

Well since you asked sir, I will try to give a few specifics. Though to be honest I do like some of the new features as well:

1. I don't like having to grind xp on ships. It reminds me of the old system we tested when you had to get xp and certain ship kills to level...think it was called honor kills or something like that. I was not a fan of it then and still don't like it much now.

2. I don't like multiple repair kits in battles. Furthermore, I don't like having to carry around so many damn repair kits when I'm out on "patrol". It's either you carry them or you need to run back to a port to resupply. I understand the thought process behind it but I don't find that it brings "fun" to the game. It simply is a waste of my playtime and takes away from what you guys do so superbly....that's ship combat.

3. I hate the RNG loot drops. Hate, hate, hate them. I find it slightly absurd in a "realistic" game like NA that any national navy would expect their captains to go search for a random piece of equipment like a copper hull? The old system had some RNG in it as well and I was not a fan of that either to be fair. I think we should all have access to the mods we want to use through crafting at least. So many of the various books and mods offer such great bonuses you are at a real disadvantage in a pvp fight if you don't have them and your enemy does. I thought that part of the reason we were going with 1 dura ships was in an effort to cut down on the dependency of RNG mods and people could just hop in a ship or capped one without missing such large bonuses? It feels like by having 1 dura ships combined with so many buffs being RNG that the risk of losing that ship is even more severe.

Those are probably my three biggest complaints right now. I just wish that there was a little bit more happy middle ground between pre-wipe and post wipe is all. I don't see how allowing crafters to build all mods instead of trying to get a lucky drop is bad for the game. Gives crafters more stuff to build and sell and lets people who want to pvp just get their ship customized the way they want easier so they can do what they enjoy.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

Surprise would have just kept Acheron in battle....while fat captain hopped on TS and called in 10 more reinforcements to gank Acheron when he left battle. Or if we had longer battle join timers they could have just sailed from England and joined the battle to gank him. #Truth 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

Basically you're suggesting everyone prefering 1v1 - 5v5 frigate engagements to not enjoy the game as they do anymore and join the fallout constitution squads. nah thanks.

Arena luckily will not have to deal with anything similar.

Yes I am suggesting that. If you want even fights all the time you shouldn't be playing a RvR game. Shadowbane, Warcraft, some parts of ESO or (insert RvR game here) are just not for you. You are more suited for Wow battlegrounds where every instant doesn't start until everything is equal. Don't get me wrong, those are very successful genders but NA doesn't fit that market. 

If you were walking down the road in Shadowbane and you get jumped by 10 guys well... that was foolish of you for running around without your own gang.  

My entire point is you are playing a game not suited for you and you keep trying to make it something its not. This years patches are clear where this is going. It is an RvR game and these mechanics you hate are very necessary to the game they are trying to build. 

3 minutes ago, Vllad said:

Yes I am suggesting that. If you want even fights all the time you shouldn't be playing a RvR game. Shadowbane, Warcraft, some parts of ESO or (insert RvR game here) are just not for you. You are more suited for Wow battlegrounds where every instant doesn't start until everything is equal. Don't get me wrong, those are very successful genders but NA doesn't fit that market. 

If you were walking down the road in Shadowbane and you get jumped by 10 guys well... that was foolish of you for running around without your own gang.  

My entire point is you are playing a game not suited for you and you keep trying to make it something its not. This years patches are clear where this is going. It is an RvR game and these mechanics you hate are very necessary to the game they are trying to build. 

Sorry, but the devs already said that this  is a sandbox game, it's not all dedicated to RvR.

Edited by Cabral

2 minutes ago, Vllad said:

I don't think that is fair to say at all. There is a huge difference between having odds against you 3:1 because that group TAGGED you on the OW and having a 5:1 because guys were able to join on extended timers or just sit around outside your battle camping you. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Vllad said:

So you say that in age of sail game, which has pirates, should not have pirates?

6 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

Well since you asked sir, I will try to give a few specifics. Though to be honest I do like some of the new features as well:

1. I don't like having to grind xp on ships. It reminds me of the old system we tested when you had to get xp and certain ship kills to level...think it was called honor kills or something like that. I was not a fan of it then and still don't like it much now.

2. I don't like multiple repair kits in battles. Furthermore, I don't like having to carry around so many damn repair kits when I'm out on "patrol". It's either you carry them or you need to run back to a port to resupply. I understand the thought process behind it but I don't find that it brings "fun" to the game. It simply is a waste of my playtime and takes away from what you guys do so superbly....that's ship combat.

3. I hate the RNG loot drops. Hate, hate, hate them. I find it slightly absurd in a "realistic" game like NA that any national navy would expect their captains to go search for a random piece of equipment like a copper hull? The old system had some RNG in it as well and I was not a fan of that either to be fair. I think we should all have access to the mods we want to use through crafting at least. So many of the various books and mods offer such great bonuses you are at a real disadvantage in a pvp fight if you don't have them and your enemy does. I thought that part of the reason we were going with 1 dura ships was in an effort to cut down on the dependency of RNG mods and people could just hop in a ship or capped one without missing such large bonuses? It feels like by having 1 dura ships combined with so many buffs being RNG that the risk of losing that ship is even more severe.

Those are probably my three biggest complaints right now. I just wish that there was a little bit more happy middle ground between pre-wipe and post wipe is all. I don't see how allowing crafters to build all mods instead of trying to get a lucky drop is bad for the game. Gives crafters more stuff to build and sell and lets people who want to pvp just get their ship customized the way they want easier so they can do what they enjoy.

u are able to win a lot more crazy battles now that you can repair multiple times. makes battles much more interesting. ship knowledge isn't ment to be a grind. you can go sail you 3 1 connie all day without a problem.

15 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

RvR in every MMO I have played so far is pure zerg - > Pure shite.  

Your statement is redundant. In NA it is the Zerg French against the zerg Brits, Pirates, Danes, Dutch etc. Some games its guild vs. guild, or team vs. team, race vs. race. Regardless, all RvR games is one zerg (zerg being a relative term) vs another zerg.  

That is why they call it Realm vs Realm.  

As you clearly state you don't like Realm vs. Realm. Why are you playing Naval Action then?

1 minute ago, King of Crowns said:

u are able to win a lot more crazy battles now that you can repair multiple times. makes battles much more interesting. ship knowledge isn't ment to be a grind. you can go sail you 3 1 connie all day without a problem.

maybe if your opponent doesn't have repair kits or something. I don't feel like I need, nor should anyone, multiple repair kits in a battle....It's not like priest class waiting for my big heal spell to come off cd. If ship knowledge isn't meant to be a grind than what the hell is it meant for? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

maybe if your opponent doesn't have repair kits or something. I don't feel like I need, nor should anyone, multiple repair kits in a battle....It's not like priest class waiting for my big heal spell to come off cd. If ship knowledge isn't meant to be a grind than what the hell is it meant for? 

long term goals for the game. its not like your captains xp where everyone goes out to grind it up as fast as possible.

10 minutes ago, Vllad said:

My point exactly.
Now imagine your gang teleporting in out of nowhere, surrounding the other guys. Sounds like bs, doesnt it?

regarding your rvr obsession... I can only disagree. And I'm sure plenty of other privateers / small group players will do so too.

Before this patch, the escape-to-port mechanic was implemented because admin himself said a captain shouldnt have to escape twice, you should not have to give anyone a second chance to get you.

My speculation for why they got rid off it is to please the guys wanting instant success (in a realistic / hardcore game!), and take revenge on a guy which just sank them, so the game can sort of keep the numbers up. It's a shame, but they'll do what they have to to keep the money flowing, I guess.

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, Cabral said:

Sorry, but the devs already said that this  is a sandbox game, it's not all dedicated to RvR.

The devs can go right on saying it 100 times more if they wish. In the end any seasoned gamer can look at this in 1 minute and know this is an RvR game. I don't care what they were shooting for that is the game they built as it exist today.  

16 minutes ago, Vllad said:

As you clearly state you don't like Realm vs. Realm. Why are you playing Naval Action then?

Because there is OW PvP.  For you this game is RvR, for me it provides more than that.  Revenge fleets are not healthy for example solo pirates.  As you probably know already.  I am not a solo pirate, but I really would like to see them in the game.  I would be much happier to remove revenge gank exploit.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

According to the book the HMS Surprise was in pursuit of the USS Essex, which was the Archeron in the movie.  The route was well known because of trade routes due to trade winds and likely travel routes.  And they had captured dispatches in "France" in the movie that told where it was headed.  Any have way intelligent frigate captain would know where he would go at that point.  As he would do the same thing if he was in the other captains shoes.

Ships at this time could only travel some routes because of prevailing winds in the region.  Like sail traffic on the East Coast of the United States goes south to north because of the prevailing trade winds.   This is why Boston was a major harbor, because the winds turn eastward from there.   Making it ideal for export out of the United States, and Savannah was popular import port because of its ease of access and right there on the southern coast.   

sounds like a revenge fleet to me. some one sent word across nation chat that there was a enemy frigate out there ganking people. and boom revenge fleet showed up. chased them all the way around the horn of south America. and you want realism. imagine if it took you 8 months of sailing to get away from one revenge fleet.

3 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

It seems the newspeak for grind is ''manifesting your true dedication to game through repeatable actions'' oh and long term goals.
One does not enter Asian market without a proper grindwall and lottery drops!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

The problem is that forums are visited by players who are unhappy who vent their frustration. 
 We have to talk to them but we also have to defend our decisions. We believe current direction is right. 

Happy players play the game and we never hear them. Thats how many stupid features appeared because by only listening to unhappy people we made the game worse for the happy ones. (Like the 1.5 br lock, or insta close)

You seem to forget how many of the people unhappy with certain mechanics have also made several posts applauding your work and praising it.

But it seems that you only remember the "negative" comments and posts?...

• Like 11