Game-Labs Forum

naval no action

46 minutes ago, Neptune said:

The worst thing that can ever happen in a PvP game is when people start to develop the mindset that they are not going to PvP unless they are absolutely sure they are going to win. Because some don't want to go back to PVE grinding to get back in to PvP. I haven't had a problem with replacing ships yet, but I'm sure some have judging by the forum. People are less willing to fight when it costs so much to replace a ship. You see before we made a lot of gold from PvP, so you could sustain yourself from just doing PvP. You could once PvP knowing that if you lost a ship it wouldn't hurt so much and you could get right back into the action. Now people seem to only want to PvP when they are 100% sure they are going to win. This is just brutal, because It never use to be like that. Make it so you can sustain yourself just from PvPing. And I'm not talking 6-7th rates. PvP battles are always better when you know you can replace a ship, it is more fun and people are more willing to do even battles without having the mindset of 100% win or no PvP.

I am not going to pvp in any near future because I can't afford it. I spent 2 weeks building a ship that I am not taking to loose. This is what every casual player has to say today. The rest doesn't matter much. 

Edited by Lord Delicious
  • Like 1

Good luck getting that captured ship with guns back to port. You can't escape a revenge fleet without a ship in your fleet. Everything you make from PvP is gone right after the  battle unless you are a PVE revenge fleet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hodo said:

If you lose you get nothing.  If you draw you get nothing.  

If you are there and hit the other ship and dont sink it because the other guy caps it, you get nothing.

SO why bother.

Really PVE pays better than PVP no matter how you cut it.   

If I choose to PVE missions I can make 40-50k every 20min or around 100k an hour.  

If I choose to PVP, I can make taking into account hunting suitable targets, maybe just maybe I might get a fight an hour on Global, and out of that I may make 50k if I cap the ship.. some ships are empty or they dump goods before I can finish the tag.   If I am lucky I might make 100-200k on one cap, but then I have to tote it back to port, moving at the speed of continental drift, then try and offload the cargo, and then pay to sell the ship on the market to get its best price.  

Yeah maybe if a gnat farts in Brazil, I might get a cool breeze in Phoenix Arizona in August.  

I bet you could flip a PvP mark for 50K easy.  Maybe I'm mistaken though, I tend not to sell mine.

Just now, monk33y said:

Sail around! Leave your Capitals greenzone!!  Explore the world..

Why leave your capital green zone when you can just revenge gank everyone who comes to your waters, take their ships and have no problems getting it back to port. Profit mate, think ahead! That's what smart players do. :)

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Hodo said:

If you lose you get nothing.  If you draw you get nothing.  

If you are there and hit the other ship and dont sink it because the other guy caps it, you get nothing.

SO why bother.

Really PVE pays better than PVP no matter how you cut it.   

If I choose to PVE missions I can make 40-50k every 20min or around 100k an hour.  

If I choose to PVP, I can make taking into account hunting suitable targets, maybe just maybe I might get a fight an hour on Global, and out of that I may make 50k if I cap the ship.. some ships are empty or they dump goods before I can finish the tag.   If I am lucky I might make 100-200k on one cap, but then I have to tote it back to port, moving at the speed of continental drift, then try and offload the cargo, and then pay to sell the ship on the market to get its best price.  

Yeah maybe if a gnat farts in Brazil, I might get a cool breeze in Phoenix Arizona in August.  

Yet admin will tell you that this games focus is not being shifted from PVP to a primarily PVE game.

They keep saying one thing while their actions clearly result in the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

JOIN A CLAN, NA IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME

I'm pretty sure admin has stated otherwise. Could be wrong tho.

Also sucks for deaf/HOH players who can't join clans due to no voice chat. I believe there are at least 3 players on the forums with this issue.

1 hour ago, Rickard said:

just a heads up for the people nagging about "The Grind" the whole time:

JOIN A CLAN, NA IS NOT A SINGLE PLAYER GAME

if you are in a clan then you're doing something wrong, a medium sized clan with an own ship line system would easily be able to replace all your sunken ships.

Why we must play in a clan?

I m in a little clan and we don t do agreement on false PBs ... how can we have Sols? Please reply to this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neptune said:

Not everyone likes to hunt traders, they like to hunt warships. Frigates are usually the most common ships used in PvP, once you get there just try replacing one of those as easily when you aren't hunting traders. Try losing a frigate after every battle to a revenge gank that is impossible to escape. It adds up in a hurry. :)

"I want to PvP in my frigate because it's tough and strong!"

"I keep losing my frigate to ganks because I can't escape battles!"

Well there's your problem.

Speed is king. Maybe the Frigate should not be your prime solo ship if you're trying to fight people in areas where ganker squads are liable to form up outside your battle and sit there unimpeded (because you are so far outside your team's areas that no friendlies will show up to challenge them).

Frigates are probably a fine defensive patrol boat because if you need help, your own team is right there. Someone camps your fight and your team comes out and shoves a cannon up their pooper.

But deep in enemy waters? Nope. You'll find me in a Renomee for that work. Maybe a Trinc. I'm sailing something that can run like hell if it needs to. It'll have speed mods on it too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slamz said:

"I want to PvP in my frigate because it's tough and strong!"

"I keep losing my frigate to ganks because I can't escape battles!"

Well there's your problem.

Speed is king. Maybe the Frigate should not be your prime solo ship if you're trying to fight people in areas where ganker squads are liable to form up outside your battle and sit there unimpeded (because you are so far outside your team's areas that no friendlies will show up to challenge them).

Frigates are probably a fine defensive patrol boat because if you need help, your own team is right there. Someone camps your fight and your team comes out and shoves a cannon up their pooper.

But deep in enemy waters? Nope. You'll find me in a Renomee for that work. Maybe a Trinc. I'm sailing something that can run like hell if it needs to. It'll have speed mods on it too.

I Was talking about 5th rate frigates in general. I use only speed surprise and renomee. lol xd :)

But it is kind of lame that speed upgrades such as copper plating are only available from RNG PvE on a PVP server.

And well it doesn't matter if you are in a fast speed ship anyway if revenge fleet knows what they are doing, easy to counter. <3 mk

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I tried camping off of the Spanish capital.. I saw no one...

I tried going to the Pirate capital, and the few I saw all stayed in the green zone.  Those that were outside of it were in Indiamen and Endymon.  

Information isn't free, but I'm happy to tell you where to hunt pirate traders... for a price ;)  Just find me on the Global server.

4 hours ago, admin said:

what is your player nation and server? If you play on EU - attack Road town with the intent to capture - you will get your full pb in no time (and a lot of pvp when setting it up). 
Same will happen probably for sant iago and cartagena

You forget to mention this cool feature is only for the few guys in big clans and players that has invested loooong time in preparation. Others can forget about it. 

5 hours ago, Alakrana said:

Seen the new boring system I must report the absolute nonexistence of action in the game ..
This new system implemented makes the battles of port are totally ghostly, provided with pacts to be able to get marks of conquest, what makes that the game has nothing of interest and is boring.
The exaggerated and expensive form of crafting of boats and the expensive ones that come added to the costly of obtaining the marks for the levels of 3 lines 2 and 1º makes that these pacts are the day to day of the game because nobody wants to risk their boats, although Be a low cost frigate.
Pvp is focused on the gankeo against solitary players (5 vs 1) that at the moment they lose their boat (Indefatigable) stop playing as impossible to recover the money to be able to have another of similar characteristics ...
In short the game does not provide what most players are looking for because of the excessive and expensive way in which it is oriented and in this way only (1 nation = 1 clan) has life in this game ..
The system of traders with these changes is not worth carrying materials between ports to have a minimum profit and with the constant gankeos to the carriers nobody and I say well no one wants to travel 2 hours to have a profit so minimal ..

Thank you and I hope to solve it for the sake of many players

ya know what devs....... sadly the majority of players are of this attitude. all the people that play this game are mostly casuals that want to come home que up for their battle play 1 or 2 and log off hopefully you guys can accommodate these players with the arena game. people are to lazy to figure out how to play a game correctly any more. the generation of gamers that used to rise to the challenge of a game is now the minority( we can thank COD for this). When it comes to gaming these people want it easy and fast. and if its hard then they will just quit. as is stated above in this message from alakrana.  so maybe we just need to have 10 duras on  all ships and just give everyone 20milion gold worth of redeemable and lets see how many people start playing thing game. people want the welfare system put into place for them in all matters of life...im sure this will make a good easy to play game for you......  #great job care bears.

• Like 1

NA should always be more than just a large clan based game. The game is at it's best when it welcomes all sizes of clans and solo players. I always laugh when big clan members act like they are so awesome and they are the centre of the universe... Like they are the only reason NA exists. pls come on, stop being so full of yourselves. There is a lot of solo players, just because all you do is PB and large group PvP doesn't mean they don't exist. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rickard said:

I am really sorry for those 3 and maybe more people with disability but you can't play NA just alone its a team game now, I don't know how people with those disabilities can play NA ATM.

little clans in a nation should, of course, work together with the other clans in a nation to create a unified front against the enemy, this has worked before and I don't see any reason why somebody shouldn't be able to do so right now.

together with the other clans, you create PBs, Raids( in the future) or hunting groups in enemy waters, furthermore set up a ship line system through wich materials from multiple people in a clan are used to craft ships.

I think we are playing different games!

Enjoy this exploited game, if you can! In the next 15 days there will be 200/300 players on line prime time, i think you will be the king of the Caribbean!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Snoggy said:

yeah, solo players and their basic cutters are just so critical to our strategy.... not...

Come back when you have your connie or bellona.

Let me know ... How can we have bellona without conquest mark?

Are you suggesting us to exploit  conquer mark as all the larger clans? Do you find it fun and fulfilling?

• Like 3