Game-Labs Forum

Cheaters or Bad Game Mechanics?

Whilst sailing off morant i found myself chased by a force of about 7 pirates,fleeing rapidly back toward KPR,they engaged battle just before the sandbank.I spawned facing toward the coast,about 1 mile ou,they spawned right behind me,with one slightly ahead.Sailing rapidly for the channel which runs from kpr through the sandbank towards morant,as i get closer all of a sudden 3 enemy pirates glide out of the channel,right in front of me.Now either they are hacking or the spawn system is broken.Ships should never spawn ahead of the direction the ship was fleeing in openworld.Were they cheating?

• Like 1

It depends how you got tagged. When they tagged you downwind while you was upwind their battle spwan is downwind from your starting position. An other problem is that battle spawn postions seem very random to me.

Regarding their spawn location, there is definitely no cheating going on there. Just knowledge of game mechanics, or blind luck potentially.

Any OW fight has two join circles. Their location is determined by the relative positions of the 2 ships that initiate the fight ("tagger" and "taggee").

You were tagged by Jones el Tuerto, who is the surprise spawning in front of you at the beginning of your video. Since he was in front of you when the battle starts, the pirates reinforcement circle will be in front of you in OW, and the British reinforcement circle will be behind you. To reinforce the battle, the pirates outside had to sail inside the bay to get to their circle. Unfortunately for you, you failed to notice the lag spike when they joined, and sailed straight towards them.

The surprise overtook you in OW before he let the tag countdown run down.

To counter such traps, use defensive tags.

Also: You do PvP in 1st person pov? 

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MajorGosnell said:

yes on youtube,aparently it got tagged for spam,of all things wtf

seems like someone is trying to hide their tracks and set us up 

it should tell you who reported the video or tagged it for spam.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MajorGosnell said:

thats the thing though no one was ahead of me before the battle started

Depending on yours and others' ping, ships' positions in OW can be off by 3+ ship lengths on your screen. I've seen similar things happen because of it many times. Any tag where the ship is very close to you when the battle starts will cause spawns to be seemingly a bit random.

30 minutes ago, MajorGosnell said:

Looks Like

it dosent tell me who reported itLooks Like

can you appeal? usually you can appeal to youtube

also did you curse a lot on it? Youtube is pretty soft lately. For example they demonetized all videos about ww2 from our friends youtubes and removed ads from all civil war videos our content creators had.

1 minute ago, MajorGosnell said:

I have appealed.As to cursing of course im Irish,but all taht would do is make my video unmonetisable,wouldnt result in a strike.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/185111?hl=en

what could have happened is that a group of people (and there are a lot of them here) who hates devs or brits and could have reported your video en masse. 
Re-upload - keep it hidden and send me the link

• Like 1

One thought, and someone correct me if mechanics prevent this:

They were invisible on the open world.

1) Pirates A,B,C are in a battle.
2) Pirates D,E,F spot you and chase you. They have not been in a battle and are just regular dudes on the open sea.
3) As you get near the battle, pirates A,B,C pop out. They are now invisible for 1 minute [pre patch] 30 seconds .
4) Pirate D tags you from close enough that all other pirates, including the invisible ones, are in the circle.
5) Battle starts and poof, invisible pirates are indeed ahead of you. They couldn't click to join a battle but they could get sucked in.

Not totally sure if mechanics allow this but I think it does?

Another option:

Pirates A,B,C were there all along but you couldn't see them....assuming by "sandbank" you mean a small island. Again the battle circle caught them but they were hidden behind the island at the time. This, at least, is something we do all the time: hide behind terrain on the open world. Not sure if that could apply here without looking at the video.

Edited by Slamz