Game-Labs Forum

Personally I much prefer the one dura system but there certainly needs to be a few tweeks so that it's not so hard for new players to make money and progress, as well as trying to keep downtime to a minimum

At the moment it can take just as many battles for a basic cutter to move up to a 6th rate as it takes for a captain in a 5th rate to afford a 4th rate. If we take a look at (gets ready to duck) World of Tanks/Warships and the progression system over there. You know you can progress fairly quickly through the smaller tanks/ships but it can take much longer to move up a tier when you start getting to the more expensive vehicles.

One idea could be move a portion of the "cost" of the ships into a maintenance or 'use' cost such as paying for shot (gunpowder etc). Smaller calliber shot would be stupidly cheap, 12lbs and up would start to be expensive, while shot for SoL cannons would be prohibitively expensive to be used on a daily basis on the OW.

It's easier to afford a 4th rate than it is to level up your captain to be able to fully crew a 4th rate.

It took 10,000 XP to get from 250 to 350 crew, and (as I've recently learned) it's going to take me 20,000 XP to get up to the next crew tier. That... is going to take a long time at my current rate of XP gain.

15 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Having lost 2 ships today ( still laughing my bottom out of it ) I feel that the 1 dura is perfect.

One I lost to a uncontrollable fire. It kept growing as I was continuously shot. It never went into shock but ate through the structure. 

The other was a total lack of attention on my part on crew management coming out of a raid and a fleet recaptured the prize while I left only 2 crew in my schoon. I surrendered not to make anyone lose time.

Was a solid setback but nothing breaking. Not giving a step longer than me legs and both ships have been replaced with the reserve funds. Now I just need to make sure they don't go down any soon even if it means I have to escape with grace from a undecided situation.

That's because I've only seen you sailing privateers :p.

I agree with what fox2run said as a guy with a family and running a business, this game has turned into a second job. 

To to be competitive you need ships of the lines. This will take paying for materials to build your ship yards for clan or solo. You still need gold to purchase the mats or produce them in buildings so grinding pve, pbs for conquest marks and pvping just to get blueprints and permits.

This "game" has turned into full time employment during the "hardcore" game mode which has and will continue to loose players.

I'm waiting for my contract from the devs to make this my job. 25000 Russian rubles a month sounds fair :) 

Edited by Rick Astley

1 minute ago, Rick Astley said:

Still not happy you avoided me the other day outside cartagena :(

Couldn't spare that one durability and with good reason :)

But one the other hand we had a good bout with some of yer countrymen yesterday. resulted in both sides backing down after a interesting fight. Nothing lost and both sides measured correctly if the risk would pay off. Was great.

With 5 duras there would be no contemplation of risk, just ram, explode, whatever and click "next battle" in a mindless way ( pun intended ).

15 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Since patch and we are going on what week 3 tomorrow.  I have lost 2 Surprises and 2 Trader Brigs.  All redemables ships so it wasn't something I crafted.   They where a bit of a set back.  The Surprise I lost this morning was cause of a DC and sent in an F11 cause no repairs where on my ship when I got back in game.   The folks it hurts to lost there ships are those that are casual and solo playing without making a nice bank. I still not have a great bank cause I'm working on my shipyard level 3 cause apparently the Aggy takes a level three shipyard even though it's a 4th rate.   My issue is that PvP pay outs are crap.   I get more from PvE grinding same level ships than I get from PvP and most of my clan is wanting to only solo grind cause you have to share every thing and you get very little.  Or they have to spend all day running around trading.   And lets put it this way I have a 3rd rate, every thing to make a Vict other than the Frame/Planks and of course the level 3 shipyard, but I also have three pirate chars (Shallow water, Deep water and Crafter).   So I'm like my own mini clan, but I'm part of a very organized PvP clan.  What has been holding me back is that I been spending alot of my money and crafting mats to help clan members get guns and up and running the last two weeks.  I'm spending more time crafting and trading than I am playing the part of the game I like.  THE PVP.....there should be a balance where they guys that want to fight all the time can still make money to give to the traders to craft and trade with and so forth. 

what could be your proposals about solving these concerns?

On 10/06/2017 at 10:24 PM, Yngvarr said:

@admin

I suggest bringing Ship durabilities back, but somewhat modified.

Since there are 3 types of Port Battles i suggest the following:

Unranked, 7th and 6th rate ships:           3 Ship Durability

5th and 4th rate ships.                            2 Ship Durability

2nd and 1st rate ships:                           1 Ship Durability

That way, on lower levels, the loss of a ship is not quite as harsh and unforgiving.

It would be more forgiving to new players, and keep them in the game longer.

Also, i might suggest the loss of a percentage of the cannons, disabled during battle, say 25-30% of the cannons (barrels get damaged, carriages get shot to splinters).

No, just no

• Like 1

Just now, AxIslander said:

Give PvP Marks to all the parties involved in a battle, according to damage made!
I allready made a suggestion:

it is already distributed based on damage %
if the ship gives 10 marks and 10 players sink it dealing 10% damage each they will all get 1 mark

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

it is already distributed based on damage %
if the ship gives 10 marks and 10 players sink it dealing 10% damage each they will all get 1 mark

The looser still gets nothing, even thow he/she put up a great fight! so the incentive is for running away.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

The looser still gets nothing, even thow he/she put up a great fight! so the incentive is for running away.

giving rewards for just damage was exploited. remember that 100ds of great features were removed from the game or are not in game because of potential of abuse. 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The prices of expanding outposts and open new outposts is just insane.

One durabilities and the (good) slots number should indeed be balanced with a reduction on the outpost permits.

Leave durability, leave slots, as they are, and reduce the Outpost permit prices. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, admin said:

giving rewards for just damage was exploited. remember that 100ds of great features were removed from the game or are not in game because of potential of abuse. 

Why not punish those exploiters? instead u decided to punnish everybody!

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Most of us are fine with out giving Credit and Marks off that, but XP while could be exploited to grind your alt up fast isn't really something they can used to get an edge.  Right now the little guy comes in to help and level up with clan mates or friends.  If he gets no Assist or Kills he gets nothing and he will never level up.  He should still get a slight reward for the damage he helped with.  Something not nothing is all I think folks are asking for.  Same with any combat you have that is a draw or loose, it's still experience you gain in combat so why aren't we getting any?  Keep the Credits and Marks to your Kills and Assist, but allow the XP to be off the damage you do.   I know your doing it to prevent the 1% that try to exploit, but what about the other 99% of the players out there that aren't exploiting and just trying to play the game and have fun.

Right now if you want to make XP you have to go solo grind a mission or fleet by your self cause if you do it with a group you split it and get little to nothing.  Than you have the ship trees taking so much XP that you will max out in rank before you even get into the mid tier ships like the 4th and 5th rates.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

The crazy prices of expanding outposts and open new outposts is just insane.

Because of this people cant really have enough freedom to sail across the map or they arent encouraged to do that.

I have yet to expand my dock space cause it just cost way to much.   I thought they dropped the prices.  I remember how special it was to get that last out post for 1 million and what an achievement it was.  How much is it for the last 3 slots to unlock 20?  It was over 20 something million on testbed when we checked.  What is it now?  So if you loose a ship and don't have enough dock space to have spare ships as back ups.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rediii said:

to be fair, you don't need so many outposts anymore in my oppinion.

i expanded my dock the first time and am about to reach my own limit of 7 ships since i still want to board stuff. So i have to spend 750.000 for that which is ... high :) 

Your a nat.  I'm a pirate PVPER that likes to raid all over the place.  To do that more effective and do my econ as I'm a clan crafter than yes I need more than one outposts.   The outpost isn't the money sink, it's the dang dock space.  5 fills up real fast and the first one to unlock is 250K.   I would love to see how much the last one was compared to testbed was over 26 million (17 slots open).

Edited by Sir Texas Sir