Game-Labs Forum
Captain corn blower

Trader bonuses for people who like to trade

Dear DEVS there are a lot of use that like to travel and trade there hence should be a three day at sea or so extra XP bonus since we do more traveling then fighting and that's what we like as well as a bonus from Port hopping with your kind of help us move up and grind in the XPS well we're doing what we love doing so we can also get into larger ships larger Traders I don't think it'd be you at all that too much to ask or something like that as well as another way to get PVE and PVP and port battle bonuses for doing what we like doing . Then we would be able to craft  larger Traders not everybody works within a clan . Come on DEVS WE LIKE TO TRADE HELP US OUT .

Edited by Captain corn blower
Wrong word
  • Like 3

Isnt already trading a lot more profitable than pvp? Are we doing Naval Tycoon or Naval Action?

• Like 4

PVP is as profitable as travel agency that organizes trips to somalia.

• Like 3

Read my last POST 1.02... look at the Delivery Contracts element. Now is that a bonus you'd like to see?

Well, more could be done for traders, sure, but as @manuva85 says, traders already get by far the best gold rewards so they must be some way down the pecking list for more love.

However, let's see what you are asking for:

• More XP. Presumably for crew, as this and solo missions are the only things tied to combat rank. But traders only require 20% crew is it? If that's the case then you can sail an Indiaman with 76 crew, which is rank 2. I could be mistaken in the numbers, and conceivably the LGV and Indiaman aren't classed as traders for this purpose but I am sure someone will correct me if that is the case. You get XP for travel, so getting to rank 2 will hardly be a problem.
  • Crafting traders. Well, what's stopping you? You have all the gold so you can buy the BP and permit marks (PvE marks sell for about 1k, so that's 250k for an Indiaman blueprint and 25k for the permits. Chicken feed.
  • Crafting XP. Of course, you need to be crafting level 35 to build a Indiaman, but since endlessly churning out TLynxes is the fastest way to gain crafting XP, I don't see where your complaint lies.

But let's see what you could have:

• Locked knowledge slots, unlocked by hauling (ton-miles, perhaps)
  • A knowledge tree. Unlock slot 3 in the TCutter to unlock slot 2 in the TLynx (or vice versa .... or, as I am sure some wag will say, both :D)

That's off the top of my head. I am sure others can add to it.

Edited by Remus
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

PVP is as profitable as travel agency that organizes trips to somalia.

Then i should rethink why i dont start a travel agency to organize trips to somalia. :D 

Indef price in the market is pretty high. Board and sell them

Travel xp could use a bump when traveling like bonus for long travels like 3 days or longer a lot of time spent 12 hours on the game Trading from one side of the map to the other and grinding up 5000 XP takes a long time to the next level, like in admiralty Mission battle missions you get bonus XP and cash, most  delivery missions take a long time if you have to run all over looking for goods to fill them in most cases gold you get paid depending on the price of the good you find isn't very much. It is by far more challenging and takes way longer to search out goods and sell them for a profit if that's what you do. Another good idea would be if deep water  heavy Trader is to have a special map navigational map as a perk or a add-on of some sort to navigate shallows then you wouldn't have to keep switching ships

Edited by Captain corn blower
Wrong word