Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

@admin

I'd like to see some limitations put onto Free Towns.

For several days now, the Dutch nation has been plagued by certain Pirate players, that enjoy hunting in the area between Coquibacoa and Fort Zoutman.

The hunting part, i have no issues with.

The part i have issues with, is that when we chase them, they just run back to the Free Town, and then pop back in and out for a few minutes until it's safe to start hunting again.

For the Dutch players, this just becomes an unending game of whack-a-mole, and there's nothing we can do to stop that.

 

I'd suggest some kind of timer on leaving and re-entering the free port

Another option is a port battle-like mechanic that allows a nation to blockade the free port for x hours.

This would allow only ships of the blockading nation to enter and leave the free port for the duration of the blockade.

Edited by Yngvarr
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it's the port being exploited in a certain way. You could even add, being able to only open a warehouse, but not able to stay in a freetown. Otherwise on logout being able to lose the ship, therefor you'll have to sail back. Or stay on open water when leaving. 

Or

Add a fee for staying in a freetown, make it a regular payement of an reather medium to high price. 

Edited by Johan Van Galen
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pirates being pirates yep that should broken to me! Nationals not attacking nationals that's definitely not broken... Erm!!

So when national players run to the closest national port to hide from pirates I'm guessing that's fine tho!

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Read the damn post.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this, just shut up.

I'm not in the mood for accommodating forum trolls.

 

i said i did not have an issue with Pirates hunting our water.

It is what they do.

 

i do have a problem that they can pop in and out of a Free Town, without us being able to do anything against it.

For some reason, all their ships seem to have superspeed, and we're never able to catch them.

They just hide in their Free Town, pop in and out for a few minutes until we leave, and then just resume hunting again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you know dutch hunter can do the same ? And we catch 2 pirates surprises using this tactic few days ago without difficulty... Nothing wrong here, just you can't successfully stop them cause a certain lack of... something. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay I'll be constructive.

Open world sailing is part of this game, being able to enter ports without restrictions is also part of this game.

With your own suggestion would everyone be effected the same way or just your hard done by nationals.

As a pirate sounds like the pickings are good in Dutch waters, thank you for updating me, I'll be moving there shortly 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Yngvarr said:

Read the damn post.

If you have nothing constructive to add to this, just shut up.

I'm not in the mood for accommodating forum trolls.

 

i said i did not have an issue with Pirates hunting our water.

It is what they do.

 

i do have a problem that they can pop in and out of a Free Town, without us being able to do anything against it.

For some reason, all their ships seem to have superspeed, and we're never able to catch them.

They just hide in their Free Town, pop in and out for a few minutes until we leave, and then just resume hunting again.

Unless I'm mistaken is this not what every nation does! How can you see what's outside of a port without going outside. By your own suggestion greenzones should be removed Aswell, should they!

I'm just asking for clarification on your suggestion, it's abit open ended.

Is this a post suggesting once you leave any port you can't return for a few minutes or a; it's unfair pirates are mean post?!?!?

If you think all ports should have timers added before you can re-enter, think this scenario through "you have spent all week gathering resources, you undock and a pirate with buddies is in front of you. You spam the enter dock button but you can't get in. You get attacked and loose your stuff. Would you then go on forums and complain that pirates should be removed along with timers on ports"

Constructive enough! 

 

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yngvarr said:

@admin

I'd like to see some limitations put onto Free Towns.

For several days now, the Dutch nation has been plagued by certain Pirate players, that enjoy hunting in the area between Coquibacoa and Fort Zoutman.

The hunting part, i have no issues with.

The part i have issues with, is that when we chase them, they just run back to the Free Town, and then pop back in and out for a few minutes until it's safe to start hunting again.

For the Dutch players, this just becomes an unending game of whack-a-mole, and there's nothing we can do to stop that.

 

I'd suggest some kind of timer on leaving and re-entering the free port

Another option is a port battle-like mechanic that allows a nation to blockade the free port for x hours.

This would allow only ships of the blockading nation to enter and leave the free port for the duration of the blockade.

Hahaha you mean to say you wish to make it so people cant attack you. Gees dude either block them and sink them or deal with it.

How much hand holding to people need? No matter how easy they make stuff its never easy enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

Hahaha you mean to say you wish to make it so people cant attack you. Gees dude either block them and sink them or deal with it.

How much hand holding to people need? No matter how easy they make stuff its never easy enough.

If you think about it doomy, you can't really blame him. He's used to being part of a super alience where everywhere he sailed there was safe places to hide or friendly ports to visit. Now the Dutch have allies in gb on one flank and the barbarians on the other! It's a scary time with Pirates active in Dutch waters!

I'm sure many nationals would prefer to be allied with every other nation and only to war the pirates (#cough pve server)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Johan Van Galen said:

Well, it's the port being exploited in a certain way. You could even add, being able to only open a warehouse, but not able to stay in a freetown. Otherwise on logout being able to lose the ship, therefor you'll have to sail back. Or stay on open water when leaving. 

Or

Add a fee for staying in a freetown, make it a regular payement of an reather medium to high price. 

Lol..... If the devs would make Pirates actual pirates they would only be in Freetowns.  It is tough enough on them only having a couple ports in the south they can use. They had to sail from MT to even get there. If they want new ships they have to sail back to MT and the return....

Link to post
Share on other sites

TLDR too much PVP on the PVP server.

There's always the PVE server... no pesky pirates there.

On the plus side, this thread gives me hope the changes to teleporting are having an impact.

As a solo Pirate, it also gives me an idea of a happy hunting ground to explore.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Captain corn blower said:

Them darn Pirates are always gumming up everything

They be evil I tell you......evil.....

On 6/8/2017 at 9:16 AM, monk33y said:

If you think about it doomy, you can't really blame him. He's used to being part of a super alience where everywhere he sailed there was safe places to hide or friendly ports to visit. Now the Dutch have allies in gb on one flank and the barbarians on the other! It's a scary time with Pirates active in Dutch waters!

I'm sure many nationals would prefer to be allied with every other nation and only to war the pirates (#cough pve server)

We all ways joked about switching our whole clan to one nation cause they all ways bitch about pirates being OP.  Well that was back when we had the alliance system and we would prob had picked Dans on PvP2 which means they would have the SEA time zoine and we would have that and the US time zones.  They thought we where bad as pirates, we would of been OP x 2 against the carebears.

To be honest I have two of them forged papers now, I might just roll a Nation all and go sink other nationals cause there is no alliance. Than when I get tired I can roll it back to Pirate....lol   Maybe make a GB char and go hunt Dutch or should I make Dutch and go hunt the GB's?   I bet you I'll find others of either nation that don't like the alliance and will join in the hunt....

18 hours ago, CaptVonGunn said:

Lol..... If the devs would make Pirates actual pirates they would only be in Freetowns.  It is tough enough on them only having a couple ports in the south they can use. They had to sail from MT to even get there. If they want new ships they have to sail back to MT and the return....

It wouldn't matter they will complain no matter what. Though the last part isn't exactly true.  They just have to capture new ships from those they hunt from and get the repair kits off there ships.  A good solo pirate could prob stay down in some random place for a very long time if his targets supply him with the goods.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...