Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.90+

Generals, it is our duty to inform you that our new patch is now available!
LINK TO BLOG

We are going to adjust a few more things before the final release, so your feedback will help us to find and fix any remaining inconsistencies. Mainly, we need your opinion about the new campaign feature of "Intelligence Service" and the improved difficulty modes. 

We hope you will enjoy this update!

The Game-Labs Team

Note:
Your saves will be playable but not fully optimized to support the new system. It is advised to play a new campaign to test this new feature.

HOTFIX v0.90 rev19764 8/6/2017
- Fixed bugs that players experienced when switching days in multi-day battles.
- Fixed bug that could cause crash when loading a save.

Restart Steam to receive it fast!

Hotfix2 v0.91 rev.19795 10/8/2017
- Reduced surrendering probability because it would be too strong when units were surrounded.
- Increased unit reaction time making player units generally more responsive to orders. This affects also the AI that will be also more responsive to your actions.
- Major fix for retreat. Now, we must have addressed completely the problem of units retreating through enemy lines.
- Fixed bug that did not allow game to continue in multi-day battles.
- Fixed bug that made Supply Wagons not capturable.
- Fixed bug that made Melee Cavalry able to dismount via Dismount HotKey.
- Fixed bug that could dismount all types of cavalry units when a group was selected.
- Fixed bug that made multi-selection of units inaccurate.
- Minor text corrections of new report messages (Soon they will be translated to the different languages).

Small Update v0.92:
LINK

Hotfix v0.93 rev.19832
- Fixed buggy Legendary mode which gave too large units to AI opponent.

Small Update v0.94:
LINK

Small Update v0.95:
Localization update

Patch v0.96:
LINK

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, OlavDeng2 said:

I love the patch notes! Too bad i just started a new campaign on my channel :/ welp time to start over again... again.

And with the greatest of entusiasms :) Which just proves how addictive this game can be..

50 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Does this mean investing in recon is now obsolete?

You want 4 points in recon off the bat. This opens the invaluable force bar at the top of the screen so you know in general the relative strength of each army.

After that, no one has proven it is worth further investment. 

Ideally, take the Tactician/Cavalry/Politics chain. That seems to be the popular option at the moment. YOu start with the 4 recon points, plus the political advantage will give you extra cash throughout the entire campaign and this adds up over time. 

• Like 3

We have made available a HotFix which fixes the following:
HOTFIX v0.90 rev19764 8/6/2017
- Fixed bugs that players experienced when switching days in multi-day battles.
- Fixed bug that could cause crash when loading a save.

Restart Steam to receive it fast!

Love the new update! As I am an total rookie to the game as I didn't want to start a campaign until it was fully implemented, I only played the first 3 battles for 3 or 4 times. It know feels far more realistic, after the battle of Distress Call the message of an enemy colonel said he was in fear of getting stripped of his duties. xD Loved that one, great immersion! This was probably the last part of the puzzle to make this quite good game a very good one. Great work!

on MG mode, it seems that no matter how badly I beat an enemy, they are reinforced substantially. I have played through Shiloh and after each battle (they suffer crushing defeats) they get 10k or more men. I went from facing an army of ~35k men to now ~65k men right after Shiloh. Is this as intended?

1 minute ago, sonnypemberton said:

on MG mode, it seems that no matter how badly I beat an enemy, they are reinforced substantially. I have played through Shiloh and after each battle (they suffer crushing defeats) they get 10k or more men. I went from facing an army of ~35k men to now ~65k men right after Shiloh. Is this as intended?

Seems like it.  They're gearing up for Gaines' Mill - though if you spank them badly enough at Secure River, Rendevouz, and Seven Pines, you can earn yourself an easier battle at Gaines' Mill and Malvern Hill.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sonnypemberton said:

MG and Legendary you will basically not be able to completely deplete the enemy forces. That is intended. 

Also keep in mind that the intelligence report number is not the exact same as the actual number of enemies you'll face in the next battle. 

• Like 1

Playing as CSA on BG and Union seems to get about 40k fresh recruits after every major battle. Add in another 20-30k after winning minor battles. Seems like they get reinforced to certain level? So far the new system is working quite well, and also seems to keep my army somewhat in check. 

Normally it's intended to see the impact of your victories around Antietam / Stones River. Before that the AI will reinforce it's army no matter what as he has many available recruits (it's early war after all)

Awesome....but if the Fixed strength is obsolete and has been removed, what will happened to current ongoing campaign if the player selected the fix strength option? Will a restart necessary or the system will adjust from that point? Also, will it affect a battle in-progress?

Thanks for the work.

It will be converted into Easy and AI strength will be taken from default value for your actual date. If you want to get full effect from dynamic campaign then better to restart.

Moreover, all difficulty levels were tuned and old easy is almost new normal. Now you can find suitable difficulty level for your gameplay style and level.

Thanks Sterner... I did not notice the comment at the bottom of the blog suggesting just that. Oh well, I will start new campaing (I am currently on the last day of Gettysburg as the union).