Game-Labs Forum

[PvP Global] Political Situation and Port Battles

Teutonic

6 minutes ago, Farrago said:

File this in the "big nations probably don't care" drawer but the Swedes took Cumana yesterday from the Dutch. It was probably a 2 on zero port battle. I haven't found any Dutch who knew it was even happening.

Last night we few remaining Dutch found and sank a lone Swede Vic.

some of my guys would like to have joint efforts in france/dutch relations if you would like? :)

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Farrago said:

File this in the "big nations probably don't care" drawer but the Swedes took Cumana yesterday from the Dutch. It was probably a 2 on zero port battle. I haven't found any Dutch who knew it was even happening.

Last night we few remaining Dutch found and sank a lone Swede Vic.

It was at the same time as our port battle.  I didn't even know they had one until it popped up on screen and than later on said they won about 20-30 mins later.  Think the Dutch kinda have become like the new Spain.  Than again y'all are way over there in the corner so it's not like folks see ya'll much.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It was at the same time as our port battle.  I didn't even know they had one until it popped up on screen and than later on said they won about 20-30 mins later.  Think the Dutch kinda have become like the new Spain.  Than again y'all are way over there in the corner so it's not like folks see ya'll much.

Yes, we are now unicorns in wooden shoes.

The raising of hostility, PB schedule, and actual PB happened so unnoticed that I wondered whether the 30 min PB timer from the test bed had been implemented on our server.

1 minute ago, Farrago said:

Yes, we are now unicorns in wooden shoes.

The raising of hostility, PB schedule, and actual PB happened so unnoticed that I wondered whether the 30 min PB timer from the test bed had been implemented on our server.

I think I remember seeing the hostility the morning before when we where talking with the Brits to make the PB a bit later so we can not be dragging out of bed in the middle of the night.   Which I don't mind doing on a weekend or holiday port battle.  Though it's funny it takes all use hours to flip freaking ports and they flip them in easy time.   Though I wonder how much war bombs they use?  I think since patch other than defending West End from us getting double flip the only time we have used them was Bermuda cause we didn't want to stay up there for hours flipping it and it only brought it to 60% and we still spent hours flipping it.

I know some guys where like, "Lets roll the DUTCH."  But the majority of us was like, "Uh why?  There is no point...NO PvP no RvR, just let them be."   Have you checked the Testbed? ya'll will get pretty much close to what you have now with the capital and all area.  Hopefully you can get some numbers back active.  Kinda hate seeing a nation going to unicorn status.

• Like 1

A Cult Leaders View on the Battle for George Town…

Since a few have made comments including one of my senior officers on George Town maybe It’s my turn to put things in perspective. Firstly to become an [ELITE] Officer means you are NOT a Yes Man. You’ve earned the absolute right to question my strategies and tactics, even in the open world. Anyone thinking of joining the Church of the Poison mind needs to be able to use the organ between his ears… Its why it’s one of if not the hardest Cults to join.

Our entry was intended to arrive late as we did, but closer to the action than what actually occurred. Lesson learned. I have a clear and very strict use of Comms probably from my EvE days. One if we have total open comms as the battle progresses then players break the silence rule FULL STOP.

I prefer and work much better to have FLEET split into sub sections. For me I had @flipper687 talking with the main band. This as a control aspect will work throughout the engagement and not break down mid-way.

The straight through attack to A was planned well before the start as @flipper687 as explained. In Hindsight, I should have instructed @flipper687, @mixedgril731 and @Cdog to finish off the 2x in A. I worried too much about the fort. This while I viewed the battle. I sent 1x ELITE @drufuskent to B to help out not more. It wasn’t needed you had them all in one spot under a none firing FORT.

So, we have C and A circles. In B I would have liked 1 player to have hung on the near entry point rather than all of the main fleet going into the fight. Holding A was vital that I don’t commit to B because the main FLEET already out numbered the enemy. We needed that reserve if the battle came down to A. In fact, that’s exactly what it did… The downside was nobody remained in circle B… Sir Drop and @Rebrall I would have like to have remained in B at the top end of the circle.  

Having ships station away from the fight, but in the circles edge will either draw the enemy out or they will lose the circle. Forcing the enemy into a small block together makes them attack more effectively. They need to be drawn out so our superior numbers count… understand?

Thus, we lost the advantage forcing myself and mixy to break away and move to C that was also now empty with 2x pirates inbound with Longshire having to now re-establish control.

NEVER LEAVE A CIRCLE IF YOU ARE THE LAST PLAYER IN IT…

This and the previous PB where like the old days without the egos and bollocks from lesser players than ourselves. Hats off to the Pirates and to the main Fleet of GB. I am always willing to listen to change and if we want total comms etc I am happy to play. Just as long as we all use them properly…

Norfolk.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

A Cult Leaders View on the Battle for George Town…

Since a few have made comments including one of my senior officers on George Town maybe It’s my turn to put things in perspective. Firstly to become an [ELITE] Officer means you are NOT a Yes Man. You’ve earned the absolute right to question my strategies and tactics, even in the open world. Anyone thinking of joining the Church of the Poison mind needs to be able to use the organ between his ears… Its why it’s one of if not the hardest Cults to join.

Our entry was intended to arrive late as we did, but closer to the action than what actually occurred. Lesson learned. I have a clear and very strict use of Comms probably from my EvE days. One if we have total open comms as the battle progresses then players break the silence rule FULL STOP.

I prefer and work much better to have FLEET split into sub sections. For me I had @flipper687 talking with the main band. This as a control aspect will work throughout the engagement and not break down mid-way.

The straight through attack to A was planned well before the start as @flipper687 as explained. In Hindsight, I should have instructed @flipper687, @mixedgril731 and @Cdog to finish off the 2x in A. I worried too much about the fort. This while I viewed the battle. I sent 1x ELITE @drufuskent to B to help out not more. It wasn’t needed you had them all in one spot under a none firing FORT.

So, we have C and A circles. In B I would have liked 1 player to have hung on the near entry point rather than all of the main fleet going into the fight. Holding A was vital that I don’t commit to B because the main FLEET already out numbered the enemy. We needed that reserve if the battle came down to A. In fact, that’s exactly what it did… The downside was nobody remained in circle B… Sir Drop and @Rebrall I would have like to have remained in B at the top end of the circle.  

Having ships station away from the fight, but in the circles edge will either draw the enemy out or they will lose the circle. Forcing the enemy into a small block together makes them attack more effectively. They need to be drawn out so our superior numbers count… understand?

Thus, we lost the advantage forcing myself and mixy to break away and move to C that was also now empty with 2x pirates inbound with Longshire having to now re-establish control.

NEVER LEAVE A CIRCLE IF YOU ARE THE LAST PLAYER IN IT…

This and the previous PB where like the old days without the egos and bollocks from lesser players than ourselves. Hats off to the Pirates and to the main Fleet of GB. I am always willing to listen to change and if we want total comms etc I am happy to play. Just as long as we all use them properly…

Norfolk.

I like your tactic it would of worked, in hind sight I should of always Been in the main fight as I was in a Connie and being faster and more maneuverable I should of been confirm kill duty but hind sight is a wonderful thing 

• Like 2

One comment - this is the global server. The one, as Jeheil puts it, that never sleeps. So.....why all the comments about the time the PB happened? For goodness sake, the Pirates admit asking the Brits to make the PB time a bit later.

We may as well all go and join the EU server if this sort of thing is going on.

My £0.02 worth. I am going back in my box now.

Edited by NavalActionPlayer

34 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

One comment - this is the global server. The one, as Jeheil puts it, that never sleeps. So.....why all the comments about the time the PB happened? For goodness sake, the Pirates admit asking the Brits to make the PB time a bit later.

Probably because those same people tote about how they want PvP all the time but then put PB timers in timezones that they know their enemy will be weak. Every player and Nation is at fault for doing it.

for example - Sweden has US time zone players and AUS timezone players. But they only ever put their PBs in AUS timezones because they know people are not around to defend them, and yet they are the biggest cry babies when it comes to people running from them or losing their ships in PvP, They don't want fair PvP. But hey, I don't fault them at all for having PBs at a timezone that other's aren't around for. I just find their constant banter about how no one fights them to be silly, since their actions speak otherwise.

for a different "good" example of a nation doing it right (in my opinion) - Dutch in the past has had a US and AUS timezone, in the past they sort of evenly spread out their port battles, in the US timezone they met resistance, and in the AUS tz if they met resistance they had the numbers to overcome them. They have never complained as a whole for lack of PvP or off timezone port battles as they themselves have a community that can cover it.

Same thing with Britain - it has a healthy coverage of all timezones, but when they look for PvP in a port battle, they know the timezone to get. Another good example of a group of players who say they want PvP and then go out to get it instead of using timezone advantage to stay away from PvP.

Honestly if every nation had equal timezone coverage, you wouldn't be hearing the complaint. but we don't have coverage and I'm not complaining. You hear myself and others complain about them because those people in the past that we fought told us it was for PvP and well, it wasn't.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

One comment - this is the global server. The one, as Jeheil puts it, that never sleeps. So.....why all the comments about the time the PB happened?

Because it became one of the fundamental problems with the game.  There was once a dream of having a global NA community on one server letting everyone play 24/7, but the global community didn't materialize and the dream died.  Tthe population has crashed so badly that nations can't even defend off-hours port battles against two guys who aren't particularly good.  Now it's "the server that's always asleep"....or just dead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Because it became one of the fundamental problems with the game.  There was once a dream of having a global NA community on one server letting everyone play 24/7, but the global community didn't materialize and the dream died.  Tthe population has crashed so badly that nations can't even defend off-hours port battles against two guys who aren't particularly good.  Now it's "the server that's always asleep"....or just dead. 

yeah there are a fair few only on the Global server because of the dream , sadly there are also many who cannot play EU server because of their ping. Hard to accommodate everybody in a real time global setting and making it as fair as possible for all. People usually want PVP when they have the advantage and sadly the ones who will turn up against all odds and flags are the minority. If the game was ever a roaring success we would probably be split into many time zones so people can find a pvp battle just after their team time and before bed :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vizzini said:

yeah there are a fair few only on the Global server because of the dream , sadly there are also many who cannot play EU server because of their ping. Hard to accommodate everybody in a real time global setting and making it as fair as possible for all.

We needed a region capturing process that takes a week or two, instead of the quick flip and single port battle process that we got.  Accomodate not only global time zones, but also weekend-only players and other people with normal real-life obligations, lol. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Probably because those same people tote about how they want PvP all the time but then put PB timers in timezones that they know their enemy will be weak. Every player and Nation is at fault for doing it.

for example - Sweden has US time zone players and AUS timezone players. But they only ever put their PBs in AUS timezones because they know people are not around to defend them, and yet they are the biggest cry babies when it comes to people running from them or losing their ships in PvP, They don't want fair PvP. But hey, I don't fault them at all for having PBs at a timezone that other's aren't around for. I just find their constant banter about how no one fights them to be silly, since their actions speak otherwise.

for a different "good" example of a nation doing it right (in my opinion) - Dutch in the past has had a US and AUS timezone, in the past they sort of evenly spread out their port battles, in the US timezone they met resistance, and in the AUS tz if they met resistance they had the numbers to overcome them. They have never complained as a whole for lack of PvP or off timezone port battles as they themselves have a community that can cover it.

Same thing with Britain - it has a healthy coverage of all timezones, but when they look for PvP in a port battle, they know the timezone to get. Another good example of a group of players who say they want PvP and then go out to get it instead of using timezone advantage to stay away from PvP.

Honestly if every nation had equal timezone coverage, you wouldn't be hearing the complaint. but we don't have coverage and I'm not complaining. You hear myself and others complain about them because those people in the past that we fought told us it was for PvP and well, it wasn't.

Just to point out GB has a very limited coverage over all the tz now the main force is in aus time zone unfortunately 🙁,

I agree with you that's why we try flipping ports over the weekend as we want fights but we have irl commitments as does every one else,

hence we aim for the weekend and if we can we will push a PB later if it's possible.Cause empty pbs are not exactly fun for anyone, 

the dream died cause to many people complained about nightflips and as you have said we have them on global and accepted them as part of our game play.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

In fairness you are correct but now the playerbase has dwindled too much we have to work in with our frenemies so we all have a bit of fun it is a sandbox game after all 

Edited by Rebrall
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Rebrall said:

In fairness you are correct but now the playerbase has dwindled too much we have to work in with our frenemies so we all have a bit of fun it is a sandbox game after all 

Swedes prefer not to be contested. Anyone who wants to kill some --- they really are repulsive -- around Pampatar at 7:31 Eastern tomorrow can join the few AUSEZ Dutch.

• Like 2

On 8/23/2017 at 10:11 PM, koltes said:

I guarantee you that if I or any member of BLACKs leadership will come to US and start building a clan, there will be lots of 1st rates in no time and US would become a formidable force in weeks. If they choose to follow trolls they get trolled in battles.
Having said that I also tip my hat to them for the try

You know, I would actually like to see this happen! Certainly would be a way for the pirates to guarantee PvP, since they would be fighting former mates....and training/encouraging the US players also. Any chance of this happening?

1 hour ago, Preechur Blackheart said:

You know, I would actually like to see this happen! Certainly would be a way for the pirates to guarantee PvP, since they would be fighting former mates....and training/encouraging the US players also. Any chance of this happening?

No, because then everyone would just flock back to the super powerful US like they did with the Pirates and we'd have the same problems

Edited by Exodus

Off-shore Battle Report Port Morant

Thursday 7th September

Attackers:           Pirate Nation

[x5] [HYDRA], [BONES] and [BLACK] with [8x] supporting outside

Defender:           GB Nation

[x1] [ELITE]

Wanted to report a very enjoyable battle today. Reports of 12 to 15 Pirate groups causing havoc outside K/PR Carlisle and Port Morant. From feedback, they sailed Bellonas Connies Trincs with Pirate Frigate support. These guys didn’t have the same makeup of the average seal clubbers we know of.

I needed to recon the area and get numbers for fear of Pirates having asset allocations moved towards George Town with a third Port Battle due there anytime. No assets myself in K/PR {ref Norfolks hard lesson}. So, shop bought Renomme ready to sink.

Speeding down the Coast to Port Morant I bumped into the party of eight I began collecting the data. Then just past the headland the “Hydra 5” had just finished a gank dropping out right on top of me. I was tagged quicker than a turkey at thanksgiving.

I ran with the wind making them follow at speed. Just before the drop I Turned “Close Hauled” knowing it was my only advantage. The Pirate Frigates (PF) flew past but @Jack Aubrrey [HYDRA] in a TRINC held distance. We dropped and I was immediately introduced to Jack’s chain shot.

I had chain shot loaded one side with double ball the other. The Renomme moved well and lined up on Jack’s sails. Was also now receiving incoming from several PFs and a Bellona  @Jdshots [BLACK] turned up to give some moral support to the Ganking Gang. Well it was [ELITE]…

So, I opened fire my chain on Jack but nothing happened what the fcuk? Aimed again it wouldn’t fire. Was this some Pyrate Magkic ? Some skullduggery performed on me disabling my ship… what the hell was this…?

Straight on the “Open Chat” …. “Can’t Fire my cannons…?” this while still receiving incoming… I was furious…. “Wait all of you STOP firing now…” to their absolute credit they all did. Laughing my ass off. The Gankers waited. It all came back online again and away we went…

The fight ground down to its end. I tried twice to board a PF. Lucky for me I slammed Bow first into @Joe Plaice [HYDRA] starboard side. Thought it might capsize but instead stopped dead allowing me to board. The rest of the Team rallied around Joe and I was raked pillar to post. It was worth the Gamble…

Apologies for the length of the report and it wasn’t a PB but it was a great fight. I realized afterward I’d pressed the [H] Brace key by accident freezing my sails and guns. I think I can safely say we all fell about laughing hearing this. Telling a Ganking Squad to STOP firing actually works…! The Norfolk Defense perhaps 

Anyway, Hats off and a “Good Fight” to Jack and the Hydra 5…

Norfolk

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1129690738

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 5

George Town 4th Rate Port battle:  16 Pirates vs 25 GB

This was not later than last one, it was 5:30am for me guys.   5 ships where lost on both sides.  British took the port by points from capping the circles.  Last port battle before the patch drops on Monday.  Might of had more numbers if ya'll pushed later as we talked.  Well until next time.

HHggPml.jpg

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 3

I agree with @Sir Texas Sir with the timing. Apparently, someone got a bit trigger happy with this…

[ELITE] didn't arrive late or get lost and we all had great fun on the same Comms. @admintiming will add spice to next week for sure. 

Until next time Pirates o7

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

I forgot to add a well done to @Forphuxakes

he did a sterling job on his own attacking our Mortar Brigs and avoiding [ELITE] o7

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 2

Nassau shallow water port battle:  24 US vs 25 Pirates

Cause of the wend we entered from the NW side and had one lone person that cam in late enter by the east circle (c).  We moved to capture B and than as the Mortar Brig moved up the main fleet moved to fight between B and A.  A few of the pirates where let loose to chase two lone Mercs.  Most of the fighting ended up spilling into A circle until the US was pushed out of it and the Pirates had control of two circles and had sunk a good number of ships on the US side.  I give the US credit near the end they charged back into A and give us one last brawl.

The call was to repair up for hunting and we did that after the battle. Any one that ran we chased.  Not sure how many where killed out side but it was around 5-7.

US lost 11 ships plus a bunch more out side after the battle.

Pirates lost 3 ships.

Good fight US was nice to see full numbers

ZNVxALa.jpg

PS that was the first port battle I ever called solo as commander....I want to go back to being the silent guy in the corner.  Doing it with a mixed clan fleet that many of us never sailed with was a bit of a pain, but every one did good.  Way better than I expected.  Until the next fight US, will see ya'll in the open seas.

• Like 1