Game-Labs Forum

This constant grinding!

We grind for ship knowledge, for gold, for resources, pvp marks and conqest marks. Its to much! Then, when we have a little time left, we grind for hostility. I think that somewhere this game went wrong. No wonder, that we get salty when some1 finds a loophole to avoid this. It went a bit backwards, i do not mind grinding, its just that this game has to manny levels of it. And allso, according to this grinding logic, some player will never get the chance to sail a decent ship. I mean those that require pvp marks. Lets assume that a player is bad at pvp and losses all his fights. The way things stand now, he, the player will neve get to craft a ship of the line.

Then, u messed up the resource crafting. More often then not resources are cheaper to buy at the market then craft them yourself. Not in the same outpost, sure, but still, its frustrating!

Example: For me it takes 240 gold to craft 4 fir log(240/4=60gold) and, as u can see i do not include spent "LH". At the same time, there are places that sells this product for as low as 31gold at a profit. Same with Oak, Iron, Hemp and maybe others.

Please, try and make a change for the relief of all this grinding!

Edited by AxIslander
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

Example: For me it takes 240 gold to craft 4 fir log(240/4=60gold) and, as u can see i do not include spent "LH". At the same time, there are places that sells this product for as low as 31gold at a profit. Same with Oak, Iron, Hemp and maybe others.

NPCs don't produce resources anymore. Trader tool is outdated and does not take that into account.  So if something shows they sell resource at 31 - there is no resource at 31 at all.  The price they show is the price they WOULD sell the resource at if they were producing it. But they don't produce it. All resources and materials are player made in game now. 

Do not use the trader tool for buy (from npc) prices. Sell prices are somewhat accurate though.

It also does not tell you the item is available. It just tells you that it could be for sale in this port.

I dont mind the grind so much i guess. Its definitely alot of stuff now to work toward but ive got nothing better to do and i dont need to have "everything " right now. One thing that is very frustrating and causes me not to playis when I finally get a decent ship and finally got some skills in it and i into battle and when i come out 11 guys have teleprted in and are waiting for me.  Whats worse is i outrun them in battle but they just retagged me and kept doing it till i had to log off for work. 

Guess this game is only ment to be played by the unemployed and moms little basement dwellers. 

Enemy can TP to me but I can't TP out? Makes sense.

• Like 2

You got to have grind to hide lack of gameplay... As devs already said many times as soon as ppl max out they get borred preaty fast... kek

PS. grind is horrible... it gives me flashbacks to vanilla wow;p

Edited by manuva85
  • Like 1

I don't mind about the grinding if they wouldn't force us to use ships for it we don't like. i hated the brig and was so lucky as i could get out of it. now i have to do the cerberus (i like this ship) and the renomee (turns like a really big ship) and that one i hate... some maybe like these ships so let us take the choice what ships we want to sail within the classes.

I'm really hostile with the "ship grind" system. And for now, i'll don't unlock a single slot until all our clan economy was fine and my bank account full, may be after, if Devs haven't remove this system i'll take the time to sail all ships... But really, i'm fine with the ship XP system, the only problem is the need to sail a ship in order to unlock the next... Devs can make ship XP longer to gain, but the actual system is really a pain. 

Why not make it that you gain ship knowledge per rate of ship instead of individual ship.  Sail the Mercury or Snow and the XP goes towards 6th rate knowledge that unlocks knowledge slots on all 6th rate ships, same with 5th rates, gain XP with a Surprise or Cerberus and it goes towards all 5th rate ships, etc.  Also, as it is now the battles give you ship knowledge XP and separate rank XP.  It would be nice as a reward to have the rank XP go towards the ship knowledge  if you are at max rank to represent a seasoned captain's ability to rapidly apply his knowledge to new ships and maybe even ship knowledge XP being applied to rank when using a ship/rate that has been completely unlocked to help speed levelling along.

• Like 3

I also think the amount of grind does need adjusting a bit. It's good to have to work for things but I think there's a bit too much work and not enough fun with many of the systems. The game was a little too easy last year but now it seems to have gone the other way. Especially at the start. Getting out of a cutter is a real drag. Nothing that can't be tweaked though.

I like Krumpf's suggestion. Funnily enough someone else mentioned the same idea to me earlier in-game.

Maybe you guys push too hard because you know a lot of people have the rank for 1st rate so everyone must sail one with full slot, and not sailing one put your nation at risk.

From my point of view i already regret the first post-wipe days, ow is back full of speedfit surprises, some nations fills pb with aga, and some ocean.. Maybe with the current way where some nations can get such irreversible advance fast, we should allow nations to be defeated in their capital pb making it vassal to the winner, and make map reset more frequent.

With a reset every few month, maybe more, people would take the time to enjoy the time they spend in the game instead. Otherwise, really increase marks price for lineship permits so for exemple you need a full month as a landlord to get a 3rd rate permit, and if you sink it, you'll have to rebuy the permit. Maybe also, make CM non-tradable, limit landlordship to one port max per player etc..  Conquest marks droping everyday is like a timer-related reward system, a non-grind-related one: the only grind would be to play and conquest with what you have, in that way, i like the new marks.

About sell price in port, if it's cheaper in a port, why don't you buy from it instead of using you buildings ?

About 3rd's ships knowledge, i'm not there yet but someone told me he 've been able to unlock the 5th slot in his Surprise without having unlocked or even played the previous ships of the tree. He said that the tree grind  simply auto-open the 3rd slot for free for the next ship, but is not mendatory (correct me if i'm wrong) if so that's not that  harsh.

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

6 hours ago, admin said:

NPCs don't produce resources anymore. Trader tool is outdated and does not take that into account.  So if something shows they sell resource at 31 - there is no resource at 31 at all.  The price they show is the price they WOULD sell the resource at if they were producing it. But they don't produce it. All resources and materials are player made in game now. 

Do not use the trader tool for buy (from npc) prices. Sell prices are somewhat accurate though.

It also does not tell you the item is available. It just tells you that it could be for sale in this port.

NPCs dont produce, BUT sometimes there ARE raid ressources available in port, for example because some player captured an NPC trader and sold it there. You should really increase those prices to above player production prices.