Game-Labs Forum

Slow down the night to day shift in battles

The battles shift from night to day and back again to fast. All that extreme gamma shifting on the computer screen is rough on the eyes for those trying to focus cannon shots.   It's not really adding that much to the battles so please just slow it down so it's not so rough on the eyes.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Batman said:

It's really stupid. Sometimes you even start at night, yet in the OW it was bright day!

Can you please record this ?

Asking because I have yet to experience dramatic difference and would be excellent ( along with F11 bug report ) to have visual cue of it happening.

Thanks Batman.

The instance weather and daytime should be determined by the weather and daytime as the OW tag happened. I mean we fight a few hours till the battletime runs out. At the moment it feels like that we fight for days because of the fast day night cycle of OW.

17 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Can you please record this ?

Asking because I have yet to experience dramatic difference and would be excellent ( along with F11 bug report ) to have visual cue of it happening.

Thanks Batman.

I will F11, once my shitty 1Mbit connection lets me do this without me having to wait 10 minutes for the picture upload to finish.

• Like 1

Realtime day / night cycle for battles please.  Battles never have character.  You'll never remember that awesome night battle, or the dramatic chase into the setting sun.  The only thing in favor of OW day / night cycle in battle is a "seamless" transition from battle back to open sea, but I would posit this is meaningless, as all the other factors of battle exit overwhelm any perception of a seamless setting.  You are far more concerned with reorientating on new unknown wind position, checking for enemies and dealing with visibility changes because battle and OW weather can be very different to notice a "consistent" time of day.

• Like 3