Game-Labs Forum

[suggestion] Name ships

Exactly as topic says. I want to name my own ship.

I would like to be able in the interface to have the rear of the ship display my own name for that ship. So that other people 

see my name in game if they look at the rear of the ship.

I would also like to be able to remove national markings or change the colours of anything like the constitution which looks wrong with a british flag. Not that I will be using American ships if I play the french or british anyways.

I would also like the name to be historically where it was .... so if it was front rather than rear that is fine as well.

12592159385_8e84e41429_c.jpg

USS+Constitution+(14).JPG

0.jpg

IMG_2260S.jpg

• Like 16

Exactly as topic says. I want to name my own ship.

I would like to be able in the interface to have the rear of the ship display my own name for that ship. So that other people 

see my name in game if they look at the rear of the ship.

I would also like to be able to remove national markings or change the colours of anything like the constitution which looks wrong with a british flag. Not that I will be using American ships if I play the french or british anyways.

I would also like the name to be historically where it was .... so if it was front rather than rear that is fine as well.

12592159385_8e84e41429_c.jpg

USS+Constitution+(14).JPG

0.jpg

IMG_2260S.jpg

+10.000

I want too

• Like 1

Lord please no unrestricted ship names. I have zero urge to see the result (HMS WTFBBQURFACELOLOLOL) all over the place.

You did this exact same thing in the WOWS forum. Sir I hope you dont do this to every ship game you ever come across in your life. :angry:

Seriously have a little fun once in a while rather than waving the realism stick at every little aspect of the game.

• Like 1

Lord please no unrestricted ship names. I have zero urge to see the result (HMS WTFBBQURFACELOLOLOL) all over the place.

I agree and would prefer a list of real names. BUT this would not give enough freedom to the community to have even names that may be appropriate and not on the list.

I am happy to put up with silly sounding names when it comes to PUGs if I have the freedom to name my ship whatever I like. Especially since it is mainly the player who 

named the ship who will see the name in his\her ship bay and in tactical battles. It is only the rear of the ship I am asking the name to be displayed on.

This adds a little something special to the game. A chance to commission and name your very own vessel.

Serious Clans will obviously have proper names.

It is also a chance for the devs to quietly remove some of the "sameness" or monotony of 20 victories in a match that only a few ship classes or so to begin with means. 

That is if the devs were to change the name above the ships heads....... p.s. do you believe names above ships which is unrealistic should be removed?

Thus making people know their classes properly. 

DID SHIP RECOGNITION MANUALS EXIST FOR CAPTAINS IN THIS PERIOD? IF SO I WANT ONE!

• Like 3

do you believe names above ships which is unrealistic should be removed?

Thus making people know their classes properly. 

Definitely support removing ship/player labels above ships. Make us get a telescope out and look at her stern to id her.

• Like 4

The best part of this would be not knowing who is commanding the ship

Exactly!!! Like in real life you sometimes know who commands what vessel according to intelligence or encounters. Especially friendly vessels.

"The HMS Flower, that's Cochranes boat" you would say bringing the glass down from your eye.

• Like 5

Other than the obvious obscene names, no other name should be banned. Please guys don't rally around the cause of imposing your will and sense of "immersion" on others who want to have a little fun from time to time. When it comes to immersion stick to the mechanics of sailing and fighting and let the rest alone.

• Like 6

I like the name of ships being somehow visible. Naming one's ship is fun. Having that name being seen is funer. I had some good ship names. H.M.S. Legion was one of my favorites.

Now I  want to name my ship BOB. It works weather the boat is still in one piece or blown to matchwood.

As for captain's names, don't need to see that. Let the ship and the captain earn a reputation. "Hey, that's Hyperion commanded by captain Paul. He's a strong and handsome captain if I ever seen one. We had best not fight him, just the mention of his very name will make the crew stop and wish that they were captain Paul, and nothing will get done." Or something like that.

Still, want to start sailing and fighting ASAP.

• Like 1

Well, for example, if you have a spanish ship, you can take some one of this real names for your ships:

this webs is for XVIII Century ships

http://www.armada15001900.net/siglo18.HTM

And this is for all the spanish ships since 1500 to 1900

http://www.armada15001900.net/paginauno.htm

Sorry it´s in spanish

Definitely support removing ship/player labels above ships. Make us get a telescope out and look at her stern to id her.

or to remember the color scheme of the vessel or to notice the suttle differances

as SOMEONE had mentioned the ships will not all be identical similar yes but not identical

or look at the signals they are flying  

chillly willy

• Like 1

You did this exact same thing in the WOWS forum. Sir I hope you dont do this to every ship game you ever come across in your life. :angry:

Seriously have a little fun once in a while rather than waving the realism stick at every little aspect of the game.

Understand "I" didn't do that to WoWS, I simply made a similar argument in the name of my personal tastes. You act like it has to be fair in that my tastes get reflected in one game and you get yours in another.

I have no problem with realistic sounding names with no historical basis. A name doesn't have to come out of a dusty historical log of named ships of the line to be a great name for a ship. I just personally find a bunch of people who never made it past the mental age of 3 who think HMS I Pooped My Pants is hilarious, to be extremely unoriginal and incredibly detrimental to the enjoyment of games such as this. I also think it's a giant waste of money that could see better use in feature development, new content, and bug fixes to be wasted on a bunch of staff that have to go around policing all the idiots that would abuse such a feature. And it's the internet, there's a lot of those abusers out there.

• Like 1

Understand "I" didn't do that to WoWS, I simply made a similar argument in the name of my personal tastes. You act like it has to be fair in that my tastes get reflected in one game and you get yours in another.

I have no problem with realistic sounding names with no historical basis. A name doesn't have to come out of a dusty historical log of named ships of the line to be a great name for a ship. I just personally find a bunch of people who never made it past the mental age of 3 who think HMS I Pooped My Pants is hilarious, to be extremely unoriginal and incredibly detrimental to the enjoyment of games such as this. I also think it's a giant waste of money that could see better use in feature development, new content, and bug fixes to be wasted on a bunch of staff that have to go around policing all the idiots that would abuse such a feature. And it's the internet, there's a lot of those abusers out there.

You will probably never find any stupid names on any clan ships or for dedicated gamers in general. Running into one will likely be slim and even if you did come across the rare troll in his tiny 8 gun boat I doubt you'll even remember the name during the short battle and after you finished sinking it. You're just thinking too much about the potential abuse rather than how much it would actually affect you in the game. I understand you want serious realism but this will barely mess with it at all. It might even contribute to the community freedom if anything.

• Like 2