Game-Labs Forum

Exploits that need Closing

I know that this is likely difficult to police, however. Recently there have been issues with people using "alts" to lock out slots on a port battle. Or a big fleet battle. 

What they do is they get into said fight with their alternate account and then when the battle begins they leave, and lock out the slot for the battle for the side that is getting exploited against. I have filmed them doing this, screen shotted it, and F11'ed it as an exploit as well.

This needs to be addressed quickly, as it is a detriment to the game. 

I understand spies, I encourage the tactic, but when you use those alts to directly lock out legit players from fighting in the battle then that needs to be changed quickly. Otherwise what's to stop 20 people with alts from ruining a potential port battle by joining and leaving. So far it has only been a maximum of 3 people at a time, but in a 25 v 25 fight starting the battle 3 ships down because those slots were locked out is a significant disadvantage.

• Like 2

You can't do this any more, devs fixed it.  While the guy wasn't our alt as we are hearing.  Demic is a long runing US player we know that is a certain Spanish player alt or I think he might be Brit now, but we have no proof so we can't make false accusations about what he does.   He's been known in the old day to take a mortar brig and flip ports off hours and we are pretty sure most of the clan is just his alts as we caught them agro grinding and they couldn't sail for crap like some one multi tasking.  Now lets get back to what your saying.  He left at the very start of the battle.  After the timer has went off.   Now lets count the people in the fight.   Pirates have 24 players in this port battle.  You count the US side has 26 players.  The devs changed it so that if some one leaves within a certain time of the start (can't remember how long it is) some one else can join.  So you saying they locked some one out is not true.  If that was so than they would not have 26 folks on the list?  If any one should be complaning it should be us cause what if this was able to be exploited where they can get damage, leave and have some one else enter not damaged cause they have over 50 players out side and the other side had no screeners but enough to fill the port battle.  Never got to test this, but I believe it's only for the first 5 mins of the battle or something.  I do know that once you leave any battle you can't rejoin while others can still join until the 25 slots is filled. We couldn't fill the last slot cause almost all our screeners where new guys in ships like basic cutters and such or shallow water ships.

@admin @Ink can we get a conformation about how the system works for when some one DC's or leaves a battle early now?  

NQFiJel.jpg

How about instead of accusing folks or hacks and exploits you might want to learn the game mechanics first.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 4

And yet, it happened again today, just now. That's why I am making this thread here. It was not with Demic. Also, I did not call him out on this forum, you did. 

The screenshot you are using is from the USA discord. 

I also did not accuse anyone of hacking, but I did and do accuse people of exploiting. How then Texas, do you explain a battle that happened this evening, in which two alts of the pirates were right next to pirate ships, they did not fire at said ships, and the pirates did not shoot them either. 

Don't try to deny something that is painfully obvious. 

Also you guys should be complaining? Please. You took advantage of the day that conquest marks were mistakenly turned into pvp marks and bought your ags. Instead of those marks being disabled as they were supposed to have been. 

Then, let's also not forget the tactic where yall attack  yourselves to drag in players otherwise unable to be drug into the fight. As well as a host of other things. 

Tonight there were at least three alts that were blocking port battle slots and did nothing to contribute to the fight during the port battle. They did not set sail, they did not fire a shot. They were also just so happened to have been the same people in the middle of a pirate fleet that were neither attacked, nor attacked back. 

One possible deterrent to these atrocious tactics would be to make marks national. AKA, if a PVP / PVE / or Conquest mark is earned on Nation A, it can not be traded or sold to Nation B. As well as things bought with said marks.

Edited by Drakedge
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Drakedge said:

And yet, it happened again today, just now. That's why I am making this thread here. It was not with Demic. Also, I did not call him out on this forum, you did. 

The screenshot you are using is from the USA discord. 

I also did not accuse anyone of hacking, but I did and do accuse people of exploiting. How then Texas, do you explain a battle that happened this evening, in which two alts of the pirates were right next to pirate ships, they did not fire at said ships, and the pirates did not shoot them either. 

Don't try to deny something that is painfully obvious. 

NO that Screeen shot is from my battle as i was in there.  You didn't post those things, but we are hearing it from the US players.   What I posted is proof to discredit that he wasn't one of our alts that joined and left to fill a slot. If we had alts wouldn't we have had 25 on our side first any way.  We had one person play two pirates in that port battle cause we where low on numbers. I wasn't planing to pop my alt in there but we where short at the last moment I added him after he got out of a tag by the screeners.   If you can't beat a bunch of guys dual boxing and you have 25 guys playign ships that is more the fault of your side not ours.

You are making accusations without proof and I'm showing you there is mechanics in game that don't allow this.  So again learn them....

The reason I am not posting those videos, and screens is because of TOS. They have instead been sent to the developers. This is not about specific individuals, but rather about the exploit as a whole, for any server, from any nation, against any other nation. Don't think you're the soul group that warrants an argument against such an exploit.

Edited by Drakedge

There is a place for those, it's called tribunal.  Though as for pirates sitting next to some one in battle than screen shot and report it. Not to mention it's not just pirates that have alts.  We are very small compared to US or GB and they have way more alts.  Last night we sankeed a french atl (pirate) that was spotting us as we grind up hostlility. He sat in front of the forts so we wouldn't tag him and told his alts in French exactly when we joined the battle to get them in at the end of the timer so no one else can join and help.  We used Pirate vs Pirate mechanic to stop this.  That char is now on our clans KOS list so if we see him we will sink him.  Haven't seen him since though.

As I stated, I have reported it, sent in screens via f11 and other means, as well as a video evidence. I did not see your name listed in the battle in question though.

I am not against spies. Spies are fine, spies happen in real life. It's a part of the game that keeps things interesting at times.

What I am against is exploiting. 

Edited by Drakedge

At our port battle this evening, there were 3 pirate alts farming conquest pensions.  It was obvious.  Can anything be done to stop this or will  it just be part of the game?  If so, we will end up with an alt farming game instead of a skill based game.  After 3600 hrs. playing I hoped there would be an elegant solution to this chronic problem.  I haven't seen one and can't suggest one.  I can say with certainty that it will lead to a dead end for us if this is not addressed.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Drakedge said:

As I stated, I have reported it, sent in screens via f11 and other means, as well as a video evidence. I did not see your name listed in the battle in question though.

I am not against spies. Spies are fine, spies happen in real life. It's a part of the game that keeps things interesting at times.

What I am against is exploiting. 

Are you talking about a port battle?  Cause we only had one for Key West other wise we can't join any of your port battles against Spain or what not.  And one of the reasons I jump on these topics cause I'll be honest we have little birds in other nations that let us know things.  Some of the crap we have heard after port battles gets a bit funny about us exploiting, hacking and other things.  If it's true use the tribunals and report it.  Other wise most of them are just spreading false info as an excuse for why they lost.  Apparently I have special Iron Wood Aggy and Vict's before the merg, but it was just a build of LO/Stiffness/Strong hull

As for folks sending there alts to join on a side of the port battles.  If there is no one to fight and it's an empty port battle and some one enters than you should of had more agro to fill the port battle and than they couldn't of enter unless they had agro too.  We have a port battle tomorrow and we expect every Mort Rat to show up to try to get in, but every one in our clan has been grinding it so we all have agro.  We will fill the slots first and than any stragglers will fill the empty slots.  You don't want these folks claim jumping in than get yourself some agro and get more than they might have.   I heard GB PB this morning had over 50 folks trying to get in.  With the current system your going to have every one and there mothers trying to get in and get these points.  

OH and stop accusing every noob as an alt.  Hear it all the time that ya'll jump on any person not in your clan or new and that is why your having a bad problem with folks showing up in the past and recruitment.  This is on both servers and jsut about every nation.  We did it a good bit in Pirate too.  The Community is kinda a bit harsh on new players.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

At our port battle this evening, there were 3 pirate alts farming conquest pensions.  It was obvious.  Can anything be done to stop this or will  it just be part of the game?  If so, we will end up with an alt farming game instead of a skill based game.  After 3600 hrs. playing I hoped there would be an elegant solution to this chronic problem.  I haven't seen one and can't suggest one.  I can say with certainty that it will lead to a dead end for us if this is not addressed.

How do you know they are pirate alts?  Hell they might be US alts.  I have three pirates one this game.  The 3rd one use to be Dane, but with econ I'm making it my only crafter and pirate.  I know ya'll got tons of guys with alts too and the systme is encourageing most folks to just rush and grab.  You want to stop this?  Get agro and every one get it to lock out folks that don't have agro. It allows the top folks with agro in the first 2 mins.   

I would love to see a screen of that port battle to see who all showed.  I bet you it's prob not pirate alt at all, but hay who knows.

23 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

Yup.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

How do you know they are pirate alts

I know.  Cmon cathy plays wishlist...cokebottle and beer can we all know from pvp2 pirates.  I have chatted with them countless times so stop the nonsense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would love to see a screen of that port battle to see who all showed.  I bet you it's prob not pirate alt at all, but hay who knows.

Oh just wait till the tables get turned against you and people utilize the same exploits against you to stop your future battles from being prosperous. Or make pirate alts to farm your cp and give to their own nation. 

lol I got more update of what happen since our pirates where there hunting you guys.  Ya'll do know there is nothing wrong with Clan alliances with other nations.   

CLIFF NOTES;  a large group of you where huddle together before the shallow warter port battle.  They where in frigates, tagged your shallow ships.  Sanked a bunch of them.  So those that didn't get sunk or couldn't afford a ship in the shop didn't get in.  I am told 23 guys made it into the port battle so they didn't get locked out there was still free slots.   

I'm sorry guys we have none aggression acts with certain clans of more than one nation.  Hell we might even get hired out by certain clans of some nation to kill other clans of that nation.   That is part of the game. Ya'll should of prob had some big ships around screening for you.  You think we are going to let ya'll have an easy time taking these ports?

Let me remind you US PvP2 guys.  The first week of the new regional patch that came out when ya'll took Spanish ports on east coast we capture 17 1st rates that where on the way to those battles or grinding agro for them.  This is all part of the game.  Cause of ya'll get greedy and leave folks behind we snagged them up while the rest of you rushed off to your empty port battles.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO SCREEN THESE EMPTY PORT BATTLES FOR THE PVP MARKS AN WILL CONTINUE TO SINK YOU IN THE OW.  AND WE WILL GLADLY WORK WITH ANY CLAN TO STOP ANOTHER CLAN FROM GETTING INTO THESE IF THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

If you see any one exploiting than I  more than welcome you to us the Tribunal section of this forums.  F11 is for game mechanic problems not for exploits.  Sounds like ya'll got out played to me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drakedge said:

Oh just wait till the tables get turned against you and people utilize the same exploits against you to stop your future battles from being prosperous. Or make pirate alts to farm your cp and give to their own nation. 

You forget we can sink those said pirates and unlike ya'll we make sure our clan gets agro so we are all in the fight before the 2 min timer.  You know team work and all.  Maybe if ya'll stop warring about alts and work on your team work you might actually get good at this game and stop loosing fights.  Ya'll all ways want to blame others on things instead of just fixing the problem yourself.   I said it before if you don't want them in there and there is nothing against the rules for them to send there alts into the port battles as long as they aren't fighting on the other side.  Than get your agro up and be the first to enter the port battles.

• Like 2

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

You forget we can sink those said pirates and unlike ya'll we make sure our clan gets agro so we are all in the fight before the 2 min timer.  You know team work and all.  Maybe if ya'll stop warring about alts and work on your team work you might actually get good at this game and stop loosing fights.  Ya'll all ways want to blame others on things instead of just fixing the problem yourself.   I said it before if you don't want them in there and there is nothing against the rules for them to send there alts into the port battles as long as they aren't fighting on the other side.  Than get your agro up and be the first to enter the port battles.

Listen, stop saying "get good" and crap like that, it helps no one. We lost 1 battle to you. 1. If we lose every battle against you then sure talk trash. 

"Get aggro" yes, we have otherwise how did the port battle begin in the first place? After two minutes it still opens to everyone, and then those that didn't grind get punched out by the alts that are just there to exploit that mechanic. 

Is it you doing it, maybe not you specifically but there are people who are. Don't pull wool over your eyes when it is not happening to you, because soon enough it will and then you will have no legs to stand on to complain about the exploit being used against you. As to you "it's not a problem" so, why should you have a right to bitch about it when it does right?

1 minute ago, SS Minnow said:

Yeah we got outplayed by your 3 alts slipping in to our pb taking our slots...that's skill in your book I guess.

Not my alts. I have no interest in anything in the Gulf of Mexico. Only reason I was over there was to protect the keys.  Ya'll attacked us on that one after all. And it's a good trading place for US and Spain to use and us to raid from.

I was told only 23 slots where full.  2 more ships could still get in so it wasn't locked out.  What I think got ya'll out played is many of you got sunk, couldn't get a ship of 50 br and get into the battle so you got locked out.  Maybe have a better screening fleet next time to protect you.

Now if that port battle was a Pirate vs US and we put alts on the US side that is an exploit and needs to be reported.  Though since this was a US vs Spanish why shouldn't some one or other chars get in there just like yours?  

3 minutes ago, Drakedge said:

Listen, stop saying "get good" and crap like that, it helps no one. We lost 1 battle to you. 1. If we lose every battle against you then sure talk trash. 

"Get aggro" yes, we have otherwise how did the port battle begin in the first place? After two minutes it still opens to everyone, and then those that didn't grind get punched out by the alts that are just there to exploit that mechanic. 

Is it you doing it, maybe not you specifically but there are people who are. Don't pull wool over your eyes when it is not happening to you, because soon enough it will and then you will have no legs to stand on to complain about the exploit being used against you. As to you "it's not a problem" so, why should you have a right to bitch about it when it does right?

Maybe ya'll need to stop sitting AFK in front of port battes?  How many ships did we take before the Key West because of this. IF we had every one loggeed in an hour early we could of came out and crushed most of ya'll before the fight even started.   A few guys in frigates tagged ya'll sanked ya'll and keep you out of a port battle that others entered in your place.  SO your telling me 3 guys took up every slot.  What about the 20 others that entered it too?   They got there empty port battle and there marks.  

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Now if that port battle was a Pirate vs US and we put alts on the US side that is an exploit and needs to be reported.  Though since this was a US vs Spanish why shouldn't some one or other chars get in there just like yours?  

I usually like to try to stay civil and such in discussions here, but are you dense dude? Cause I mean it's okay if you are. 

Here lemme break it down for you.

1. 3 alts playing the USA side tonight were involved in a fight against the pirates, where they neither fired a shot, nor were fired upon. Even though they were in the middle of said pirate fleet in the battle itself.
  2. Same said people then join the port battle and sit in there with their sails down and do not contribute to the fight.
  3. This thus earns them a passive flow of conquest points to then funnel back to the pirates that they are ~obviously~ alts of.
  4. It as well prevents three legit US players from generating CP from the same port battle. 

How on Earth you do not see that as an atrocious exploit and vile and disgusting tactic that should be a bannable offense I do not know. I suppose the only way for you to see how terrible such a thing is, is for it to happen to you in reverse. Since clearly you do not care for the health of the game and fair game play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Goldman said:

Why someone would leave a Port Battle with his alt? Now that means 1 Conquest Mark per day for alt :)

Because that first battle with Demic was before the Conquest change. There were no passive marks at the time.