Game-Labs Forum

Complaints after playing a week

I played a week and have a few issues with the changes and features added/removed.

This is not a bash or criticism, this is to help the devs making future decisions if they want to keep the features or alter them.

1. Captain missions: The absence of the standard captain missions making it difficult for me to do captain level missions, because now I have to choose a fleet mission and have to organise within my nation before going on the fleet missions. This take 5-10 minutes to organise and its frustrating. I want to go out, have some fun and come back with money to buy items, not organising groups of people who each have 1 or other gripe with whatever they have.

2. Crafting: The crafting xp is gone. I want to increase my labour hours wallet, but to do so, I need to gain crafting xp and now the only way to obtain is to build ships. At the moment, resources are expensive and it is not profitable for me to craft ships.

3. NPC production: The production by NPC ports helped keeping prices in check. Now that all production is player driven, I have to change production buildings and ports frequently to get all the resources I need to make materials from. The resources sold on the market is now 2 to 3 times more than it used to be, due the lack of NPC production and supply. Whereas a lynx would cost me 10K to build, it will cost me 40K!

4. Forts not firing on enemy ships: I noticed the forts are not firing on enemy NPC ships anymore. Then why have forts? I was expected to be assisted by forts sinking the NPC ships in front of my capital, but they didn't do anything and I had to escape.

5. Payment on sinking of ships: The old system was better as it pay out on the damages you caused on the enemy ships and if you get badly hurt and escape, you can go to port and fix your ship with the money you got from the battle. Now payments are only done on sinking of ships. This is discouraging and frustrating as I have to escape some battles and didn't get any compensation, but I still have to fix my ship which cost a lot of money.

6. Magazine access: I think the likelihood of fire outbreak on ships having magazine access is a bit too frequent and annoying. I don't believe ships catches fire so easily by simply moving the powder to the decks.

I hope this will give some insight into the frustrations we have and I hope the devs can alter some features. The game is not suppose to be a grind. It must be fun and everyone participating must enjoy it, not having frustrations, grinding and wasting time.

• Like 1

I done a hostility rise tonight and it didn't go well. Lost a ship and it cost me 200K to replace ship with cannons. The payout for the battle was 10K where I sunk a Surprise.

My biggest frustration at the moment is how grindy the game has become. Now ships are expensive to replace and I'm afraid to do PVE/PVP, because I might loose my ship and then it is back to square 1.

I suggest the payouts must be increased to make it more accessible for players to gain ships and have fun, not struggle to get somewhere.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, fransgelden said:

I done a hostility rise tonight and it didn't go well. Lost a ship and it cost me 200K to replace ship with cannons. The payout for the battle was 10K where I sunk a Surprise.

My biggest frustration at the moment is how grindy the game has become. Now ships are expensive to replace and I'm afraid to do PVE/PVP, because I might loose my ship and then it is back to square 1.

I suggest the payouts must be increased to make it more accessible for players to gain ships and have fun, not struggle to get somewhere.

Everything is designed with clans in mind. not in a clan...you cant afford to do anything and if by some miracle you scrape together the resources necessary you will quickly find out that the rewards are skewed towards PvP clans and PvP ... strangely this is a game that the developers do NOT want YOU to play ...if you are a carebear or a solo player.

It is ironic indeed if PvP players are now starting to complain about the grind ... try solo or PvE play if you really want to feel suicidal.

It is probably baised towards clans because clans tend to be the most vocal player group.

My feedback after a week is a little different, but I agree with some of your points:

1. I agree...to an extent. Personally I think it is better that we need to find friends to help, it creates conversations which ultimately make friends in a game :).
2. I agree, There needs to be SOMETHING that helps players increase their crafting levels instead of just Ship crafting and delivery missions (which is a measly 50xp per mission).
3. I believe that almost everything being player produced is actually better for the long term, right now it's a pain for some because many clans and groups are hoarding resources for themselves. As time moves forward, more and more resources will go on the market. I am already seeing a market grow which is nice.
4. They stopped forts from attacking NPCs because players were abusing the forts damage to essentially get "free assists" on ships while the forts did all the work.
5. I agree.
6. I agree partially, the 5% fire increase seems to act more like a 70% fire chance increase. Not sure if there needs to be an adjustment here. Although, I like the fact that more modules and knowledge slots have drawbacks so there are real choices and consequences for what you decide your ship to do.

My additions would be the following:
7. Resource costs are a little high, I would like to see an adjustment on resource costs from buildings -- actually as a matter of fact, Buildings should either cost Labor Hours, or Gold to take the resources out but NOT BOTH.
8. The "beginning" is way too hard for new players, and too frustrating for veterans....but once you get a slid footing, some things almost seem to become too easy? the beginning should not be this difficult for new players. We want new players to stay and play, not start playing and realize 30 minutes in that they can't do X, Y, Z without having to get a week vacation and then quit.

50 minutes ago, fransgelden said:

Huge problem. So huge.

PVP fight, trading ships 1:1, losing 190k g in the process.

If @admins want to promote open world PVP, this is exactly the opposite game design.

Yep some great points here and I'd hadn't seen some of the avenues. However my "Junkie & the Dealer" still stands true...

[fransgelden] or the very experienced [Teutonic] if you tried the "Task to Complete" I suggested would it uncover more than sheer mechanic but fun playability or not?

like the posts...

Norfolk.

17 hours ago, Parazaine said:

Everything is designed with clans in mind. not in a clan...you cant afford to do anything and if by some miracle you scrape together the resources necessary you will quickly find out that the rewards are skewed towards PvP clans and PvP ... strangely this is a game that the developers do NOT want YOU to play ...if you are a carebear or a solo player.

It is ironic indeed if PvP players are now starting to complain about the grind ... try solo or PvE play if you really want to feel suicidal.

I'm in a clan, rarely do we ever do missions together unless it a few friends. Don't even have a clan warehouse. I've basically been a solo player but I've had no trouble raising enough funds to sit comfortable with a business. In fact I've probably given away at least 150k in ships/cannons to other guildies. It  pretty much a matter of not losing your ships/don't PVP with ships you can't afford to lose

Edited by Exodus

2 hours ago, Exodus said:

I'm in a clan, rarely do we ever do missions together unless it a few friends. Don't even have a clan warehouse. I've basically been a solo player but I've had no trouble raising enough funds to sit comfortable with a business. In fact I've probably given away at least 150k in ships/cannons to other guildies. It  pretty much a matter of not losing your ships/don't PVP with ships you can't afford to lose

Then why should I play a game where I can't do PVP or loosing ships, because all of them are valuable. Doing missions give peanuts compared to the cost of getting a ship (5th rate cost 200K to purchase from the market, have to rely on the clan to supply ships) and then whats the reason to play Naval Action if I can't take my ships out?

The goal is to increase PVP and engagements. How do you do it? Making ships cost to nothing compared to what can be made in gold. I would suggest to introduce the tiered ships back, making standard ships dirt cheap and golden ships so expensive, only a few can be made and will be used by clan leaders/wealthy people. It only requires an adjustment of resources and mats. Like making golden ships use certain parts that can only be grabbed through drops/shop spawns.

If the devs idea is to increase diversity, then they should do like what they did with Marines. Marines were 1 of the things which could be obtained through drops/battles. Not everyone had them and those who did, paid a lot of money or hoarding them.

7 minutes ago, fransgelden said:

Then why should I play a game where I can't do PVP or loosing ships, because all of them are valuable. Doing missions give peanuts compared to the cost of getting a ship (5th rate cost 200K to purchase from the market, have to rely on the clan to supply ships) and then whats the reason to play Naval Action if I can't take my ships out?

The goal is to increase PVP and engagements. How do you do it? Making ships cost to nothing compared to what can be made in gold. I would suggest to introduce the tiered ships back, making standard ships dirt cheap and golden ships so expensive, only a few can be made and will be used by clan leaders/wealthy people. It only requires an adjustment of resources and mats. Like making golden ships use certain parts that can only be grabbed through drops/shop spawns.

If the devs idea is to increase diversity, then they should do like what they did with Marines. Marines were 1 of the things which could be obtained through drops/battles. Not everyone had them and those who did, paid a lot of money or hoarding them.

You should never buy ships from the NPC's. ALWAYS ask your nation/clan shipbuilders to build you a ship as its much cheaper that way.

If you can't afford to PVP then just don't do it until you get enough funds to, and when you do don't take out your biggest baddest ship out, because you're going to lose it sooner or later.

If you really want to pvp, grab a snow, or merc (20-40k), fit some cheap 6pders and go hunt other 7th rates. If you win you double your money, if you don't you're only out a couple br 100 kills.