Game-Labs Forum

Such is a lord.... part 2

Some captains advised us to post this topic as a change of strategy might be required in conquest. 

Thus here is the edict.

National admiralties and governments will now provide mark distribution - called a pension (name is not final). 

The requirements to receive such pensions are simple

• If you win a port battle for your nation you personally will start receiving conquest marks for that port.
  • If you defend a port battle for your nation you personally will start receiving conquest marks for that port. 
  • For as long as your nation controls this port players mentioned above will continue receiving conquest marks for that port. 

If someone captures that port from your nation they will receive pension from their nation for that region.
Pensions are non-hereditary and you will lose it if you lose the port, or if you don't come to fulfill your duty to defend it. 

As a result. Gaining regions and controlling them becomes extremely important to support heavy fleets. 

• All regions give 1 conquest mark as pension
  • Some regions indicated in the patch notes can give a bit more.

Governments close their eyes on political port trading (its allowed). For example you can pay pirates to attack a port to deny enemy their pensions for that region (which they will lose if they don't come to defend). Or you can request nations to fake attacks to your regions if you don't like current landowners in it. 

The best strategy at this stage is to grab as many regions as you can. Some regions provide better pensions due to their importance to the region. 

• Like 29

1 minute ago, Suricato Rojo said:

You would consider an exploit to arrange battles to flip twice a port, so no-pension ports start beeing pension-ports?

flipping does not matter now. You don't generate extra marks for back and forth flips.

• Like 6

Finally good approach. 'Make Port Battles irresistible'. Awesome. 

...you personally will start receiving conquest marks for that port. 

• For as long as your nation controls this port players mentioned above will continue receiving conquest marks for that port. 

One problem here: you will only reward 1-2 active clans. The rest won't make it. I would suggest you reward everyone who participated with 1 mark per day while holding port and better reward for those who participated. All can participate, earn hostility and get rewarded. Right now many people help, but only those who get in PB get reward. Why is this? Why you don't reward participants work? We had 160 people helping get hostility, but only 25 got rewards. Do you think those 135 will find time again to come and help? Nope. No interest.

Creating reward only for people who went to PB is not a smart move. However, if you do want to keep it add participation reward (1 mark/day ...) - requirements 150 hostility points to activate, port must be controlled by your Nation.  

You will upset many players if you just reward the elite. Build game around everyone and not just Veterans (most active players). So, basically you will make strong clans stronger and weak won't ever have a chance to participate and in the worst case scenario small (hungry for marks) groups will fight for PB spots ruining tactics and organized strategies for the whole nation. 

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 10

Just now, The Spud said:

So this only starts from the moment the updates is active?

Meaning nobody receives conquest marks as long as no regions need to defend themselves or regions get conquered?

don't understand what you ask

Just now, admin said:

flipping does not matter now. You don't generate extra marks for back and forth flips.

I dont agree. Right now many of the ports a nation have dont give "pensions" as nobody conquer them and they belong to the nation because of the wipe.
In those cases if you arrange losing it and recapture it back... the pack of players that recap them will start receiving pensions for those ports that werent giving pensins before.
Im I right?

1 minute ago, The Spud said:

So this only starts from the moment the updates is active?

Meaning nobody receives conquest marks as long as no regions need to defend themselves or regions get conquered?

That seems to be the case, yes.  Basically, you need to "set" owners for the port battles.  Means the previous port battles won't have them "set" yet, until new ones occur.

1 minute ago, Suricato Rojo said:

I dont agree. Right now many of the ports a nation have dont give "pensions" as nobody conquer them and they belong to the nation because of the wipe.
In those cases if you arrange losing it and recapture it back... the pack of players that recap them will start receiving pensions for those ports that werent giving pensins before.
Im I right?

You are correct, but, what's the issue?

2 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Any conquest done before this patch will not grant players any "pension", only conquest that happens after the patch can generate "pension"?

yes. current state of map is considered status quo by governments. But you received conquest marks for them did not you?

• Like 1

Just now, Suricato Rojo said:

Its a quiestion to the @admin.
Arranging this flip-floping of ports to start recieving pensions would be consider an exploit?

Political solutions for region distributions are allowed. If your enemy likes you they can surrender you a port without firing a shot. They don't have to come to this PB. 

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

yes. current state of map is considered status quo by governments. But you received conquest marks for them did not you?

Yes true. I was not asking it in that regard. But it answered my question. Thanks.

I mainly wanted to know it caus my nation lost a nice amount of regions we could never defend, just wanted to know if the enemy was having a pension for that or not. But now I know.

11 minutes ago, Ned Low said:

One problem here: you will only reward 1-2 active clans. The rest won't make it. I would suggest you reward everyone who participated with 1 mark per day while holding port. All can participate, earn hostility and get rewarded. 

the rest won't make it where? How hard it is to capture Soto La Marina for example for a small clan?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Suricato Rojo said:

As a spanish faction player I feel happy... but this may lead to having Spain faction produccing tons of "pensions" if we manage to find some other faction that conquers all gulf ports and gave them back.

True that

56 minutes ago, admin said:

Some captains advised us to post this topic as a change of strategy might be required in conquest. 

Thus here is the edict.

National admiralties and governments will now provide mark distribution - called a pension (name is not final). 

The requirements to receive such pensions are simple

• If you win a port battle for your nation you personally will start receiving conquest marks for that port.
  • If you defend a port battle for your nation you personally will start receiving conquest marks for that port. 

If someone captures that port from your nation they will receive pension from their nation for that region.
Pensions are non-hereditary and you will lose it if you lose the port, or if you don't come to fulfill your duty to defend it. 

As a result. Gaining regions and controlling them becomes extremely important to support heavy fleets. 

Governments close their eyes on political port trading (its allowed). For example you can pay pirates to attack a port to deny enemy their pensions for that region (which they will lose if they don't come to defend). Or you can request nations to fake attacks to your regions if you don't like current landowners in it. 

The best strategy at this stage is to grab as many regions as you can. Some regions provide better pensions due to their importance to the region. 

greetings ,

Its a quiestion to the @admin.

What about the screeners of the PB (when not in our own hands yet ,(the screeners are here  the attackers of the pb defenders,during 1 hour before,and during the pb battle )

they have the most casualty rate ,and are totally not rewarded for it 

for our clan ,Thats a bummer:  class 1 (becouse we are not participating the pb, but dedicated screeners for the pb fleet)

also the " screening  scene" is gone when this is not rewarded..

me was told (in a earlier post ) that the screeners of the port battle would be rewarded as well because they were not treated the way they actually should, but it seems not to be true because i don't see it here....

is it true that screen fleets are not rewarded now?

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 6

Admin,  

Work this in then its not one battle and all players of any nation have an interest.. Carebear or Ganker alike  

The Port Battle Blockade Idea 1.02

A couple of tweaks now make things workable.

Port Battle BLOCKADE Idea that tries to reflect the local impact prior and post battle. I don't even think it would take much extra coding, but would focus all players of any Nation on a single battle. In the time of war down the ages either at the theater point or along the armies march the local prices of goods and services rocketed and labor shortages rampant. This then just as quickly collapses post battle even with a new over lord.  

I will assume in the future (however the Port Battle is triggered) we will still have a two to three day build up window prior to battle on whatever server.   RAIDs if introduced also needs a think.

The Imagined Timeline

Port Battle is triggered     

The countdown timer is started. This is 3 days to the Battle

The Local Port (LP) will instantly feel the effects of an imminent clash.

Local Shop Prices

In the Port UI under the Shop Tab.  All AI Bid & Ask Prices will increase by 25%. The bid quantity demanded increased by 25%. The Ask amount for sale will decrease by 25%. This reflects the local shops having shelves emptied and prices sky rocket.

Local Ships for Sale

In the Ships tab, all AI Ships for sale will see their prices increase by 25%. The amount of AI ships available will decrease by 25%.

Delivery Contracts To LP

The mission tab under Delivery missions. Contracts with Goods to deliver to the LP that’s completed within the Port Battle window will see that trader receive a 25% Gold bonus.  In any other port that is offering a goods delivery contract to the LP that contract will appear in RED also on the front UI page right upper side just before your Gold amount will display “$$$”. This showing a high value contract is available from this port going to an LP.  

Local Crafting

The Craft Tab, all crafting from Iron Ingots to a complete Victory build will suffer a 25% increase in Labor Hours needed. Again, this reflects chronic man power shortages common in these situations.    

The Attacking Nation

The Attacker here needs a nerf offset. So, in the LP all contracts are “FROZEN”. They cannot trade or be cancelled. They become unlocked post battle on server restart. Any PC with the same Nation status who’s in the PL at Trigger POINT will be “Detained”.

Think about it, rounding up foreign nationals when war is declared. This PC is basically “FROZEN” and the player cannot access him. The PC will be released Post Battle Server Restart win lose or draw. Stops the attacker taking advantage of the local price spike.

Server Stops/Server Restarts

24 hours

This is the actual day of the Port Battle.

Replace 25% with 50% as above. This is the Panic escalation by the local community. 

The Port Battle Takes place and Ends.

All Shop, Ship and Delivery Contract prices return to pre-trigger prices and quantities.

The Labor Hours also return back to normal.

All PC Contracts placed are now “Un-FROZEN” and are live working.

All Foreign Nationals are released no matter the PB outcome.

If the Attacker was successful in taking the LP. All other Nation Buildings Shipyards Workshops or Farms are reduced to Level 1. Any warehouse will remain un-touched.

Outcome Expected

I think if you see the PB trigger and want to off load resources or materials at an inflated price you’d load up the LGV or Indiaman and go for it. If it’s an enemy port Smuggler tag (mechanic) needed etc.

If you’re the attacker, you can guess over the next two days a lot of Player Trade ships (with full cargo) are going to try and enter the port. In fact, if you are a Ganker or just the opportunist well its worth a look…

This reflects the Blockade of the Port. So, it’s not just a Port Battle anymore but prior to it a load of smaller skirmishes. The Timer was 3 days instead of 2 well it would be more tempting to run the blockade. This is a lot more interesting than Night Flipping right ….? 

Thanks for the inputs and suggestions. Please keep them coming. I really would like Ink and Admin to look at this idea…

Norfolk nChance

(Still amazed at ideas coming post a bottle of French Red Wine)

• Like 2