Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 4 for patch 10.00

admin

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

If people are losing 10-20 ships a day, then perhaps they shouldnt be sailing those ships.   And honestly as crafters get tooled up, you will see an increase in ships produced.  Charleston on Global, in 1 week we have gone from 1 ship maybe 2 per day to maybe 6 per day produced and sold on the market.  And I know there are more produced just not sold.

idk im comparing pvp a lot to eve online, ok we had like 200 man fleets where people would lose 200 ships in 1 go, so im comparing pvp to that, sorta like maybe a pb every day where people lose say 20 ships in 1 battle, the next day another 20 lost..if crafters can only make 1 a day or 2 a day when u need at least 10 crafters, ok i can see it works out, but the LH regen is far to low imo. producers can barely pull out resources fast enough cause of the LH and gold cost.

My iron mine lv 1 is full with 2900 iron ore cause it costs me 208k to bring them out and 700 hours and 2900 iron is barely enough to make a set of longs for 1 ship, Ok being on PvE longs are not as important but on PvP i can imagine longs give a hefy advantage after seeing how the devs buffed them alot in damage now.

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Guns are another issue.  Ships arent that bad to make.  I have 1 Oak farm, and I buy everything else on the market.

Hmm i just think LH cost of everything like production needs to be reduces, also Tar....why is it so dam expensive in LH. Or better yet so not everyone gets 1st rates week 1, make the regen perk 50% not 20% so people have to spend a Perk slot and make a choice.

Edited by ironhammer500

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

The problem is that you dont buy stuff but want to produce things yourself.

I buy most things from the market and sell stuff on the market again. If shipcrafters are able to buy everything from the market they just have to adjust the price of ships and else just buy material from the market.

Yea because no one produces on PvE because it costs to much gold and LH to make a profit, people would rather do non crafting trade routes because the make they most gold for time sailing.

Our clan produces to support what we need but with only 5 buildings we have shortages in some areas, while some of my buildings are always full to the brim cause i dont have the hours or gold to keep up production.

Edited by ironhammer500
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

ok on pvp there is also the risk of getting into a attack when trading so more people actually sell crafted things.

on PvP you can for example just sell all the iron for 110 gold each. Costs gold but quite some guys need iron and you make atleast some profit

That is the problem i think with the 2 servers, cause people do not get attacked on PvE they run the rare goods routes and do delivery orders, so no crafted goods are shipped like it was before they added them.

Idk the different servers need different pricing imo.

Edited by ironhammer500

17 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Well when people used to be able to swap at will it was a nightmare.  They might as well not even have factions because people used to swap to the winning side constantly.  You would literally be fighting a guy one day and then saving him two days later just to have use what he learned about your faction against you two days later when he swaped sides agian. Screw that.

This is different.  Devs changed the whole concept in a hotfix.  not a mega patch.  That is the problem here. no warning. nothing.   

We could change before the wipe albeit very hard.   And there are a lot whom made a mistake and want to switch back.   Earlier the better.

what you are saying is that we made a mistake and we should live with it?   Devs made drastic changes to game after the mega patch which is completely unfair .

Edited by EL LOCO
addition

On 1.6.2017 at 1:14 PM, admin said:

lets experiment then.. increase lh by 30%
who is against? please respond here and explain why

Without reading all the other opinions:

Please do not increase LH. It will only lead to increased inflation. Economy seems not to be balanced yet because we are still just a few weeks from wipe. Everybody is still hunting for more and still greedy. Shops are seeded heavily to increase growth (except for some special items). Perhaps it is time to reduce some seeds of ressources (not trading stuff) and materials first. At least in Sweden you are able to buy almost everything from players.

Unless you lose ships to npc there are no sinks for money (ok, costs for expanding docks and outpost etc.are  steep, but that is just a one time payment, not a regular sink for money.) so, overall wealth is growing steeply. Whereas this keeps players active momentarily it will surely lead to a certain level of saturation sooner or later. people will lose interest again. That is unless they are hunting for that special refit of course.

Increasing LH now will just lead to people being able to accrue wealth more quickly. It will lead to everyone having everything just earlier.

I propose for now just to let economy run for a while longer. Instead of increasing growth by enhancing LH  just slow down a bit by lower the npc seeds of ressources (not trading goods) in shops. See where economy finds it's equilibrium before acting on such a basic factor like LH. My feeling is that it is more about fine tuning now than fundamental changes.

On the long run I propose to establish periodical taxes for the wealthier players. Like weekly or monthly maintenance costs for docks, workshops buildings, ships etc. which are steeply progressive. The goal is to enable the casual player to play the game without worrying about taxes or fees. Basic dock space and 2 -3 outpost are free of taxes, 2-3 4th or 5th rate ships as well, but everything more exclusive costs extra: Like you have to pay docking fee for your 1st rate, running costs for your 4th to 8th Outpost which are rising steeply the more outposts you entertain, etc. If you want to go on holiday you either sell your 1st rate and close some outposts beforehand or you better stack enough money to pay your taxes while abroad :). Of course you should be able to redeem your ship if you pay your taxes. 

Without sinks in the economy I suppose on the long run it will always be the most limited factor for all that will be the most valuable. That will be the true currency as everything other will become worthless over time. As only the LH cannot be increased by excessively playing NA I guess the LH again the limiting factor in the end. Increasing LH now will only speed this process up. Introducing periodic taxes might help in finding a balanced economy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suppenkelle said:

It will only lead to increased inflation.

So the problem of the game is that people has too much money to buy things? Oh dear ... I must be playing another game!

Then I read that you propose ingame taxes for wealthy players and then I suddenly realize that we play the same game ... but you take games as real life, I take them as a fun thing do do in my spare time.

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Please do not increase LH. It will only lead to increased inflation. Economy seems not to be balanced yet because we are still just a few weeks from wipe. Everybody is still hunting for more and still greedy. Shops are seeded heavily to increase growth (except for some special items). Perhaps it is time to reduce some seeds of ressources (not trading stuff) and materials first. At least in Sweden you are able to buy almost everything from players.

Unless you lose ships to npc there are no sinks for money (ok, costs for expanding docks and outpost etc.are  steep, but that is just a one time payment, not a regular sink for money.) so, overall wealth is growing steeply. Whereas this keeps players active momentarily it will surely lead to a certain level of saturation sooner or later. people will lose interest again. That is unless they are hunting for that special refit of course.

Increasing LH now will just lead to people being able to accrue wealth more quickly. It will lead to everyone having everything just earlier.

I propose for now just to let economy run for a while longer. Instead of increasing growth by enhancing LH  just slow down a bit by lower the npc seeds of ressources (not trading goods) in shops. See where economy finds it's equilibrium before acting on such a basic factor like LH. My feeling is that it is more about fine tuning now than fundamental changes.

What rot!

Increasing LH will promote delfation, not inflation, for two reasons:

1. Collecting resources is a money sink. If players have more LH, then they are in a position to use more materials, to sink more money.
  2. Increasing LH encourages competition between players. Sellers will compete for buyers so prices will drop. At the moment relatively few players have workshops and shipyards - some because they haven't yet scraped the cash together but I'm sure many because they have no interest in this part of the game - so right now supply cannot keep up with demand (at least in Britain on Global) and some players have been charging extortionate rates. There are, for instance, almost no medium cannons for sale, where it is stiill very profitable to undercut the NPC price and benefit buyers as well..

You seem to be under two misapprehensions:

Sinking ships is not a money sink in itself. The money sink was some time earlier when you bought the ship off the NPC or the crafter harvested the resources or bought materials from the shop. While it is true to say that players losing ships drive some of this money sinking activity, it is not nearly the whole picture. I reckon more ships before the wipe were made and bought not to replace sunk vessels, but because players wanted a specific ship, or to try something different from what they had already, or wanted an additional ship. And what about repairs and ingredients for refits? All of these sink money.

Crafters with more LH may indeed get wealthier (but the rate they can charge per LH will doubtless reduce, so it is no way proportional to the increase in LH), but they do not bring any more money into the server, merely attract some of the money already there towards their own wallets. It is adding money to circulation which fuels inflation, not redistributing it. I find it curious you want to protect trade goods when these are the main source of money entering the server, and if there is anything to fuel inflation, this is it.

However, as I have said before, while I do believe LH should be increased substabtially, right now it is the money supply which is most out of kilter, and I would wish the devs get that sorted before changing LH.

• Like 1