Game-Labs Forum

Admiralty refits - bonuses information

6 hours ago, Darayavahus said:

Cartahena Tar being produced in only one port (that provides 75 Conquest Marks per days by the way), allowing defending fleet to have 7% hull thickness....... Overkill.

Tweaking the more glaring discrepancies, however, should be an easy matter.

On 7.6.2017 at 1:41 PM, Darayavahus said:

Cartahena Tar being produced in only one port (that provides 75 Conquest Marks per days by the way), allowing defending fleet to have 7% hull thickness....... Overkill.

There is no region anymore that provides 3 CM per day.

On 5/30/2017 at 8:23 AM, admin said:

Here is the list of the bonuses for the refits added to the admiralty for the pve marks. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U4e4D1Sn5D7L36z_KTYG2SymRGNaPOQs09a5TFgVXuc/edit#gid=1132616989

Please remember that the bonuses are not final and will be updated if necessary based on testing results.
Feel free to use this topic for feedback on stats and performances of the upgrades. 

Keep in mind that many blueprints require some regional resources to produce - not all of them can be easily made. 

This is the list of blueprints that will require additional items that are not easily available (drop from NPCs). 

Elite Spanish Rig Refit
Elite British Rig Refit
Elite French Rig Refit
Elite Pirate Rig Refit
French Gunnery Sergeant
British Gunnery Sergeant
Northern Master Carpenters
Nassau Fencing Masters
Guacata Superior Gunpowder
Almeria Superior Gunpowder

The rest of blueprints have the required resources available by trading and can be bought in ports. 

I see no notes on French Gunnery, or the French Gunnery Sergeant.  I have however found a french Special good that has no current use "Diplome de L'ecole D'artillerie".  Did someone forget to put the Gunnery items in the game?

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

This is not correct, Admin even said it was an error and the next day I got my 3 CM's for ports that produce them.

I saw that same error, but when they fixed it my region was only giving me 2.  Also that Cartegena region was taken before the Lord update and gives nobody anything.

6 minutes ago, Digital Wind said:

I saw that same error, but when they fixed it my region was only giving me 2.  Also that Cartegena region was taken before the Lord update and gives nobody anything.

Well they never said how many each of those regions gave, we just assumed it's 3 cause some one posted it.  Sant Lago is 3, Danes told me San Juan was 3 and I think it's the same for San Domingo.   Since Morgan hasn't been attacked we have no clue what it produces yet.  Maybe some one from US can pip in and let us know what NO gives since they recently captured that one. Would be nice if we can get a list of the other ports and see which ones give what, but I figured the dropped it cause of balance issues.  I'm sure the will if they need to, but it looks more like they will balance CM's by raising the SHOP permit/BP prices in the future.  I kinda like some regions are more important than others, but would of been nice if they keep the crafted refit thing to them or went with NATION REFITs only craftedable by that nation only.  So only way to get them was to trader with that nation or capture a ship with ti.

1 minute ago, Digital Wind said:

I miss the regions giving region bonuses.  It promoted diversity in crafting locations, everyone had their own little 'home bases' instead of everyone always chilling at the Capitals

I hope the devs plan to take all of the best elements that were removed after testing and re-introduce them at launch

24 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Spanish Refit only effects the Mainsail not the stay sail, but you have to be outside of your best point of sail.  It will not give you over 100% bonus to your sails.  So if you are sailing at 135 in a trinc, your best point of sail you will only get 100% of your sails, but if you turn to say 90, you will get more speed than if you did not have it.  Because the trinc isnt running at 100% at that angle.

Yeah, what makes it awesome it that it increases your acceleration and makes your points of sail all-around better (ie. you'll get max or near max sail at more angles)

14 hours ago, Hodo said:

Spanish Refit only effects the Mainsail not the stay sail, but you have to be outside of your best point of sail.  It will not give you over 100% bonus to your sails.  So if you are sailing at 135 in a trinc, your best point of sail you will only get 100% of your sails, but if you turn to say 90, you will get more speed than if you did not have it.  Because the trinc isnt running at 100% at that angle.

Sorry i don t agree with you.

Spanish rig refit effects main sail and has a malus on jib. I tried the staysail shipknowledge, it increases speed upwind and decreases speed downwind. So why this perk doesn t effect speed downwind (it s expected to raise speed a bit) and upwind (malus to speed)? I will be happy if a dev will reply to me (pushing the pray button atm perhaps it works this way).

Again i thank you for you reply (if it will come).

Sincerely one of your "tester".

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Well they never said how many each of those regions gave, we just assumed it's 3 cause some one posted it.  Sant Lago is 3, Danes told me San Juan was 3 and I think it's the same for San Domingo.   Since Morgan hasn't been attacked we have no clue what it produces yet.  Maybe some one from US can pip in and let us know what NO gives since they recently captured that one. Would be nice if we can get a list of the other ports and see which ones give what, but I figured the dropped it cause of balance issues.  I'm sure the will if they need to, but it looks more like they will balance CM's by raising the SHOP permit/BP prices in the future.  I kinda like some regions are more important than others, but would of been nice if they keep the crafted refit thing to them or went with NATION REFITs only craftedable by that nation only.  So only way to get them was to trader with that nation or capture a ship with ti.

It`s not :) the same.

10 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

Hodo i tested staysails on a surpr.

More speed upwind, less speed downwind. Please admin i think spanish rig refit is bugged!

I haven't done as much testing as you, but I think that you are right. I had a Spanish Rig on a ship and I swear it gained 0.2 knots or so going downwind.

But now, that same ship will only hit it's listed speed of about 13.6. Makes me wonder if something changed with Spanish Rig, or if I am just mis-remembering.

About diagonal riders--from a physical perspective, I'm fairly confident that they don't decrease speed.  They may increase the weight of the ship, but they both allow the ship to carry heavier loads on the gundecks, strengthen the sides, and prevent the hull from hogging (bowing down fore and aft) over the long term, which improves the ship's handling characteristics.  They do decrease space in the hold, so if you're looking for a tradeoff, that's probably the way to go.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2017 at 8:20 AM, Yar Matey said:

Your argument holds no weight when put into practice.  A new player logs in does some missions in a cutter, finds out he needs to do some trading to get money and resources, gets an LGV, tries to do some trade runs, loses his ship and cargo to a small fleet of surprises, rinse and repeats this a few times, then quits the game after not making any progress in the game.  Joke was on him the whole time, he never stood a chance, hes using a ship with no refits!  HA!  

Yeah, either that, or he could learn from his mistakes and avoid those hot zones and buy a couple of refits. I think that the game shouldn't be dumbed down to cater to people unwilling to come up with a strategy to 'win'.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 2:47 PM, Souvlaki said:

Yeah, either that, or he could learn from his mistakes and avoid those hot zones and buy a couple of refits. I think that the game shouldn't be dumbed down to cater to people unwilling to come up with a strategy to 'win'.

Those hotzones being right outside his capitol port and every other port the pirates have decided not to bother with because they don't need to capture any ships at all.  They just need to farm passive conquest marks and they are the most powerful nation in the game.   Right now NA has some serious structural issues that need to be resolved even more than a tutorial or marginal % refits.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 30/05/2017 at 4:20 PM, Yar Matey said:

Yes yes, the you shouldn't do this and you shouldn't do that argument! (rolls his eyes)  Great way to keep casual and solo players active in this game, give them a strict disadvantage in any combat situation with their non-refitted trade and war ships.  I have been doing trade runs and building ships, outfitting entire clans running solo trade runs for hundreds and hundreds of hours.  What these refits do is make it so I stand no chance of ever escaping from a squad of players with these refitted bonuses.  I am at a strict disadvantage.

Your argument holds no weight when put into practice.  A new player logs in does some missions in a cutter, finds out he needs to do some trading to get money and resources, gets an LGV, tries to do some trade runs, loses his ship and cargo to a small fleet of surprises, rinse and repeats this a few times, then quits the game after not making any progress in the game.  Joke was on him the whole time, he never stood a chance, hes using a ship with no refits!  HA!  

Out of interest, why do you think that you SHOULD be able to escape, as a solo cargo ship player, vs a SQUADRON of specially equipped cargo hunting warships operating in unison?