Game-Labs Forum

Admiralty refits - bonuses information

It cost 200 PvE for the BP for that refti. Once you get the refit you can make as many as you want over and over as long as you got the mats for it.  Remember some Mats will be in far away places that yo might no be able to reach easily.   Yes it's a perm mod and if you put it on a ship and it gets sunk it's lost or if it gets capture that player gets the mod on his new captured ships (we just captured one from the french with a mod on it).  

As much as I hate the grind, and I'm more bitching about the ship knowledge grind, I don't think you should be jumping into SOl when it hasn't even been a week either.  It should take time to get up in ships.  Most players should be mainly in 5th rates for some time.  Though if you are grinding fleets or even open world ships you are not going to take for every. If your grinding only traders than yah it's prob going to take you a while.  I made 40 PvE last night just doning a circle around one area hitting any ships I saw that wasn't to big for my surprise in the brit waters.  That was just a few hours of play too.   The bigger the fleet the more marks you get.  So for 200 or 300 marks I should be able to get them in 5-10 days bepending on how many hours a day I play.  That isn't until the end of time or release of game.

Although these refits will not be easily accessible and will unlikely do much harm in short/mid term, I feel these refits are unnecessary. The woods, knowledge book, the perma modules and perks provide more than enough means to fine  tune your ship. Anyway, we'll test and see.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

good evening!
I have the elite pirate refit and it seems to give a downwind advantage:
MAST_PHYSICS_MAIN_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS: 0.15
MAST_PHYSICS_JIB_SAIL_FORCE_BONUS: -0.15
Am I wrong?

It should be reversed - will be fixed

2 hours ago, Ink said:

It should be reversed - will be fixed

I think he meant he got it ingame and listed the stats. On the Spreadsheet you posted the stats are reversed. Ingame its fine.

Though I do wonder if 15% mainsail force bonus isnt a little bit overkill.. Remeber studding sails and pirate refit combo before patch?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

I think he meant he got it ingame and listed the stats. On the Spreadsheet you posted the stats are reversed. Ingame its fine.

Though I do wonder if 15% mainsail force bonus isnt a little bit overkill.. Remeber studding sails and pirate refit combo before patch?

Pre-patch did not have the 15 knot speed cap. And did the admin also state that other stats have caps? So maybe it's not too bad afterall?

I would be in favor of no caps to stats, but it seems the devs would need to rebalance the bonuses then.

3 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Pre-patch did not have the 15 knot speed cap. And did the admin also state that other stats have caps? So maybe it's not too bad afterall?

I would be in favor of no caps to stats, but it seems the devs would need to rebalance the bonuses then.

Pre Patch a pirate refit studding sails Mahogany Connie did something like 14.6 Broad Reach I assume. Still below the cap, but still way too good.

Now with that 15% mainsail force bonus, connies might actually reach the cap and go 15 knots.

Do we really want that?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Pre Patch a pirate refit studding sails Mahogany Connie did something like 14.6 Broad Reach I assume. Still below the cap, but still way too good.

Now with that 15% mainsail force bonus, connies might actually reach the cap and go 15 knots.

Do we really want that?

I would say no, so the stats could be adjusted for sure. We will have to wait and see how it goes.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

Aye I should have my first connie built today. But getting the refit will be a pain, :)
Also remember. that 15% mainsail force bonus is not the only thing you can get. There is a bowfigure which adds another 5% speed.

I'll report my findings as soon as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

Aye I should have my first connie built today. But getting the refit will be a pain, :)
Also remember. that 15% mainsail force bonus is not the only thing you can get. There is a bowfigure which adds another 5% speed.

I'll report my findings as soon as possible.

You can have copper plating too ...

• Like 1

If any bonuses (and especially combinations of bonuses) prove too weak or too strong, this thread is a good place to bring it up.

Very interested to hear what you gents think.

One question that's been on my mind - can the two Saltpeter/Gunpowder upgrades be combined? Should probably not be, but then I'm not an expert in historical gunpowders.

22 hours ago, MassimoSud said:

Why reversed? The regional trim Pirate refit before the wipe gave bonus downwind. Keep it as it s now (if possible) and put another refit dor close houle bonus. 

Thanks

I actually like it better this way cause it means pirates wouldn't try to out run a ship with the wind, it's all about taking them up wind or escaping from bigger prey that way cause they can't go up wind.  Most of the large Navy ships won't be able to catch some one with good up wind speed and that seems more logical to out run something with way more sails than you and should have way more top speed at a run than you.

• Like 3

Well, this was a big waste of PvE Marks....

Without knowing what it takes to craft these, you can waste your marks on a blue print that you will not be able to craft.  Like I just did.

200 PvE marks wasted on the Northern Carpenter that requires 5 Swedish Carpenters and 5 silver coins to make.   Being a US player, it is very unlikely that I will be able to make this.

It really would be helpful to know what is require to make these before one spends their hard earned Marks

Can we have an addition to the wonderful spreadsheet to include the resources required?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SneakyTurtle said:

Without knowing what it takes to craft these, you can waste your marks on a blue print that you will not be able to craft.  Like I just did.

200 PvE marks wasted on the Northern Carpenter that requires 5 Swedish Carpenters and 5 silver coins to make.   Being a US player, it is very unlikely that I will be able to make this.

It really would be helpful to know what is require to make these before one spends their hard earned Marks

Can we have an addition to the wonderful spreadsheet to include the resources required?

3 hours ago, Jœrnson said:

Did any1 already discover what mats Northern Master Carpenters require? 

Thankj you SneakyTurtle for showing me an omission in my data tables; I've fixed it now.

If either of you (or anyone else) want to know the materials, check out the thread below. Tables 6 and 7 are more-or-less raw data from the API, but I find tables 13 and 14 easier to read. Table 7 lists blueprint ingredients (eg the iron ingot blueprint requires 20 iron ore and 5 charcoal) whereas table 14 lists the base reosurces needed to make 1 of the item (1 iron ingot requires 1 iron ore and 0.1 oak log). I hope this helps.

Edit: In answer to Jœrnson: Northern Master Carpenters requires

5 Gold Coins
5 Swedish Carpenter
1 Expert Carpentry Handbook

Edited by Remus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyTurtle said:

What part of regionial refits did you not get?  Devs said over and over you have to get the materials from that region that it's from. I would asssume that would be the same area that had the refit before patch.  So far I only picked ones around pirates area.  We haven't bought a few cause we know they are half way across the maps and well the elite version all want books or some rare drop.

1 hour ago, Jœrnson said:

Did any1 already discover what mats Northern Master Carpenters require? 

prob a drop....

31 minutes ago, Remus said:

Thankj you SneakyTurtle for showing me an omission in my data tables; I've fixed it now.

If either of you (or anyone else) want to know the materials, check out the thread below. Tables 6 and 7 are more-or-less raw data from the API, but I find tables 13 and 14 easier to read. Table 8 lists blueprint ingredients (eg the iron ingot blueprint requires 20 iron ore and 5 charcoal) whereas table 14 lists the base reosurces needed to make 1 of the item (1 iron ingot requires 1 iron ore and 0.1 oak log). I hope this helps.

Edit: In answer to Jœrnson: Northern Master Carpenters requires

5 Gold Coins
5 Swedish Carpenter
1 Expert Carpentry Handbook

Thanks for the data and yah most of the Master/Elite all want a handbook and that is each one you make.  So they can be a bit costly.

4 hours ago, SneakyTurtle said:

Agreed on this point. I don't know if 200 PvE marks is a waste as it's not too hard to get them back in relation to the others :P.

But your point stands, it would be awesome to know the resources needed for the refits before purchase, otherwise we have to guess the refits resource's location! I must say though that you can do the sail all the way to the region in a Tlynx or TCutter and pick up a couple, maybe it's a little time consuming and a little risky, but the payoff is that you have the materials to craft a refit that would otherwise be rare for your nation (US).

Ok, but where do we obtain the materials needed for those Refits? Do those items spawn in ports marked as "Available" in trading Tool?
And how? Because we can't put Contracts in enemy ports, as obviously might be needed for more desired items, and we can't get items if someone from "enemy" nation puts a contract.

Edited by Darayavahus
because ;)

Refits are fantastic and add much to the game.

Variety and specialization can lead to all kinds of fascinating meta and interesting choices and trade offs.

Perfect balance will of course be impossible.

Tweaking the more glaring discrepancies, however, should be an easy matter.