Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix 3 for patch 10.00

2 hours ago, TommyShelby said:

God damn it.

Please change the 5 min timer to 2 minutes...

Love the 5 min timer. Its much better compromise between forever open battles and insta close.
Your old ganking issue is no longer an issue.
Especially with GPS and teleport removal there is NO ganking as you knew it.
We were chasing french all over the show today. We all were together, but due to 1 min invisibility had to spread across the map. Even 5 min timer is nearly impossible to join.
5 min should remain

Edited by koltes
  • Like 4

Thx for the upper mast buff but please buff the main section of the mast as well. For example the Renommee has now a mast thickness of 52, before the patch it was 70. With 9pd mediums you still can penetrate and demast at 500m. Why again the extreme change of mind? You already had a perfectly balanced demasting in game. Combat is messed up as long as the mast behave like toothpicks.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, koltes said:

Love the 5 min timer. Its much better compromise between forever open battles and insta close.
We were chasing french all over the show today. We all were together, but due to 1 min invisibility had to spread across the map. Even 5 min timer is nearly impossible to join.
5 min should remain

Not fond of it but ( and having fought towards the previous RoE ) will have to re-learn to live with the 5 minutes indeed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

Not fond of it but ( and having fought towards the previous RoE ) will have to re-learn to live with the 5 minutes indeed.

again a none useful response from staff                  If you can't help.....keep quite

1 minute ago, SneakyTurtle said:

again a none useful response from staff                  If you can't help.....keep quite

There are facts, there are opinions and there are comments.

Fact: battles can be joined for first 5 minutes.

Opinion: I dislike it

Comment: will have to re.learn to play with open battles for five minutes.

18 minutes ago, koltes said:

5 min should remain

Lol. Clearly you either weren't around back when we last tested 5 min timer or your one of the people who likes to jump in to gank an enemy 4 minutes after the battle was initiated...

I never had any issues with the 2 min timers. It means you know what you will fight once the battle starts and that you won't get an unpleasant surprise when 20 enemis join the battle 4-5 minutes later. 

It was tested (without gps and tps) and it clearly was an issue. 

5 min timer does not leave room for solo players and small groups while 2 min timers leaves room for both solo, small, medium and large group players. How is can anyone argue that 5 min timers are better for everyone?  I don't get it..

• Like 9

all these refit blueprints in shop. but how can we see what each refit does?

• Like 1

Oh lordy, I hope we are going back to 2 minute timer. I thought the 5 minute was just a test and it was going to be reverted before the mega patch. Sadly that didn't happen. Can we have back our 2 minute timer in hotfix 4? :)

• Like 1

Just now, Smithy said:

all these refit blueprints in shop. but how can we see what each refit does?

On the right side you can hover the mouse on the produces item and it should show. Same as other items.

2 hours ago, admin said:

• Labor hours for cannon production/repair production reduced by approximately 30%

INK said:

" Уменьшено количество labor hours для производства орудий и ремонтов (примерно на 30%). "

Cannons or repair tools then???

Edited by Mamen

3 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

On the right side you can hover the mouse on the produces item and it should show. Same as other items.

it simply says it produces "crooked hull refit" for example but there is no sign as to what the stats are and I dont see these in craft menu to check as obviously I will need to get the blueprint for that to appear.

21 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

but the information is lacking

2 minutes ago, SneakyTurtle said:

but the information is lacking

indeed. overhaul of skill book presentations is a planned feature.

we will post descriptions on forum in a couple of hours!  so at least people know what they give

• Like 8

Patch notes are all good, mast thickness/hp++ still needed though (not just tops+topgallant)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Bierde said:

I still have Signaling perk, give me 50 PvE Marks back.

No.

6 minutes ago, admin said:

indeed. overhaul of skill book presentations is a planned feature.

we will post descriptions on forum in a couple of hours!  so at least people know what they give

Any chance on the ship knowledge tree that is more formal than what we have came up on our own?  Maybe even chance of that being reworked so it's not so much of a grind. There is no reason I have to grind through every ship below the ones I want to master and sail all the time.  Just way to much grinding in ships you don't want to spend time in.  Even World of Tank let you skip past tanks you didn't want once you unlocked one or two things, not the whole dang tank.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Any chance on the ship knowledge tree that is more formal than what we have came up on our own?  Maybe even chance of that being reworked so it's not so much of a grind. There is no reason I have to grind through every ship below the ones I want to master and sail all the time.  Just way to much grinding in ships you don't want to spend time in.  Even World of Tank let you skip past tanks you didn't want once you unlocked one or two things, not the whole dang tank.

^^ This! Strongly agree! The more I sail a ship the more knowledge I should gain on that particular vessel. There is no need to attach ships to each other. Why would I gain knowledge on a Trinco if I am sailing on a Surprise?

Edited by Lockheed
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, admin said:

there are still drops of course. 

You mean Salt?:)

57 minutes ago, koltes said:

5 min should remain

It is a huge advantage for gank groups versus solo players or smaller groups.  Gank group only has to bring one vessel with excellent sailing performance and can pin players in instance while rest of gank group has 5 min to pile in.  This means paying attention on open sea and using the sailing characteristics of your ship to avoid groups is irrelevant.  It also allows a group to convert bad wind position for most of their ships except tagger into good wind position for all their ships.

Signaling perk actually was a decent counter because it meant that battle would close if the BR was even or in attacker's favor, not letting the heavies of the group slowly trickle in and turn a battle with a chance of escape / victory into a hopeless gank.

No signaling perk: battles should close instantly or within 1 minute (or whatever time on average prevents you from sailing from a bad wind position to join).

Signaling perk: battle stays open indefinitely for side with BR disadvantage and only closes when ratio becomes even.  Possibly should only work for defender.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, akd said:

It is a huge advantage for gank groups versus solo players or smaller groups.  Gank group only has to bring one vessel with excellent sailing performance and can pin players in instance while rest of gank group has 5 min to pile in.  This means paying attention on open sea and using the sailing characteristics of your ship to avoid groups is irrelevant.  It also allows a group to convert bad wind position for most of their ships except tagger into good wind position for all their ships.

Signaling perk actually was a decent counter because it meant that battle would close if the BR was even or in attacker's favor, not letting the heavies of the group slowly trickle in and turn a battle with a chance of escape / victory into a hopeless gank.

No signaling perk: battles should close instantly or within 1 minute (or whatever time on average prevents you from sailing from a bad wind position to join).

Signaling perk: battle stays open indefinitely for side with BR disadvantage and only closes when ratio becomes even.  Possibly should only work for defender.

We need a solution to be able and help. I remember countless times when we had to wait on OW for the battle to be over, unable to help out a solo buddy being ganked by 5 others... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lockheed said:

We need a solution to be able and help. I remember countless times when we had to wait on OW for the battle to be over, unable to help out a solo buddy being ganked by 5 others... 

Signaling is the solution.

• Like 1

If you use a Trader as a Fleet ship, enter a trader battle and capture it, Can you  see the Fleet Traders Hold to fill it with the loot from the captured trader?

13 minutes ago, Lockheed said:

Signaling perk is solution for solo players.  Battle should remain open indefinitely until BR ratio equalizes.  Defender side could even be given a marginal bonus to allowed BR. (E.g. Battle will still open until defender to attacker BR ratio is 1.1:1.

Also, to disincentivize ganking, PVP mark rewards need to diminish as BR ratio increases so that fighting at an advantage becomes less efficient.  Currently PvP marks are gained more efficiently in uneven fights.

Edited by akd
  • Like 2

I think 1 keg of to repair crew not 40 or more more and sugar needs to be more available and more xp on battles for us new guys with less then 300 crew ,the old amounts were better for battle pve like admiralty battle  you got your 50 plus bonus cuz they're a lot of us that don't spend a whole day in the game playing only play one or two hours it'll take forever just to get the 200 to 300 CREW  to make use of the redeemable ships

Edited by Captain corn blower
Wrong word

I agree! That is exactly why I hope that it will be back. Players should be able to help others if they are nearby. It was very frustrating for everyone but the gankers. 

• Like 1