Game-Labs Forum

game to hard for noobs i just spent eight frustrating hrs going backwards loosing money and ships now have to start from scratch with crap boats and boring grinding for weeks some of us dont have the time to invest i understand the grind on a free to play game but i paid for this

Stick with it matey, you'll get it!
Why I remember playing NavalA cation with no map, No idea where i was starting, or going too, and no clue where to buy and sell.
Now look at me! The most infamous pyrate on the sea! =o)

You'll be right.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pagan Pete said:

Stick with it matey, you'll get it!
Why I remember playing NavalA cation with no map, No idea where i was starting, or going too, and no clue where to buy and sell.
Now look at me! The most infamous pyrate on the sea! =o)

You'll be right.

You'll be wrong.  That was before the wipe.  Now you get maybe 5k for taking a trader, jack shit for loot and it'll cost 80k to buy even a npc built snow and put crap med guns on it.

Totally wrong.

Edited by Fengist
  • Like 1

In an early access alpha you shouldnt grind for months and get as much stuff as possible which you will never use anyway because wipes and changes are what define an EA alpha.

Test the stuff, give feedback and enjoy it

• Like 4

This game can not afford another wipe, not with this economy, its so weak right now if they wipe in year the game will pretty much be dead due to how long it took to get set up, i think a wipe from now is bad idea...

What is needed is the devs to slowly change game play and run it by players first, not change huge parts of the game without testing it.  Right now the negative feedback outweighs the positive stuff by such a huge margin i even forgot whats positive anymore.

P.S Love the protractor :D

Edited by ironhammer500

3 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Pick your fights, buddy.

The wipe has had such negative feedback i think the game needs to recover, people need to recover and gain what they had back, having the pending thought of all my months of grind is going to be removed will make many give up.

1 hour ago, chippey said:

game to hard for noobs i just spent eight frustrating hrs going backwards loosing money and ships now have to start from scratch with crap boats and boring grinding for weeks some of us dont have the time to invest i understand the grind on a free to play game but i paid for this

Oh really? for Devs it's fine. 

2 hours ago, chippey said:

My advice is - join a clan and get help. There are lots for new and old learners in the game. All I want is a good wind and bright star to sail by... 

• Like 1

The game in it's current state is set for large clans and those with multiple accounts. 3+.

Basically you can win in PvP by having multiple alts to craft repairs, cannons and ships. Or you could join a large clan. Smaller clans won't be able to compete with those who can craft high amounts of repairs and cannons. Kinda crappy the game went like this but hopefully they will see their mistake and fix it. 

Edited by Neptune
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chippey said:

when i got the game i thought it would be able to play as a lone wolf pirate but that dosnt seem possible since the wipe

Yep, pirates are the hardcore choice now. Join swedes or danes... they polish each others masts with a no trader attacking truce while you get tagged by basic cutter noobs of your own "nation" on the pirate side.

As a pirate iv been frustrated by the painstaking slow grind to 250k, (Im still not there yet), in a cutter!

Yeah the games got hard (like it should be), yeah historically large nations such as gb, usa have no automatic access to coal! Pirates is a cluster mess at the moment but we as pirates are starting to see cream rising to the top. If anything this new patch has organised the pirates better! 

The key now to naval action is not nation size or population but resources! 

(about bloody time the Devs understood this)

On eu server we are already seeing shifts in national posturing.

Yes the games hard, but it should be hard.  Thankfully the days of being given everything on a silver spoon have ended.