Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

[PVP EU] PoIT - Special Edition #6 - W A R ! (official declaration)


Recommended Posts

Your newspaper is a regular presence on this side of the universe.

Here I stand in the porch of a nice establishment in the Global reading all this news from the EU parallel universe and one image comes to mind to sum it all.

a41b57973b9638fd221549bc58639b968fa081ad

 

Hope peace comes swiftly. War benefits no one.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Roelandus said:

Can you explain what you guys mean with interfering? (so many possibilities)

GL in the war though!

 

If a nation declares war on Sweden or France before peace is declared, we will switch focus to that nation. This is a 1vs1, please dont violate it!

Edited by Havelock
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Havelock said:

 

If a nation declares war on Sweden or France before peace is declared, we will switch focus to that nation. This is a 1vs1, please dont violate it!

What if the French attack the Dutch and we retaliate with war?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Havelock said:

 

Well okay, if the french decide to attack another nation they can do it lol

Okay good to know, thanks for the answers. (some french are alrdy hunting in our waters)

And all know that French and Dutch are the best friends :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to you all. 

What I don't quite get though, is you want 1vs≈1, but blocked the French from removing British holdings in Dominica from that equation.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Good luck to you all. 

What I don't quite get though, is you want 1vs≈1, but blocked the French from removing British holdings in Dominica from that equation.

The Brits wont be a threat there. it was a manoeuvre against the french and not to help the brits. and it was quite successful - it wasnt our  plan to defend the port :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Anolytic said:

Good luck to you all. 

What I don't quite get though, is you want 1vs≈1, but blocked the French from removing British holdings in Dominica from that equation.

 

It was in our understanding that attacking a Port Battle fleet is an act of RvR (doesnt belong to OW PvP imo).

Since diminishing these ships and denying Conquest Marks has direct influence on RvR, we decided that we would have to go to war for this strategic maneuvre.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Havelock said:

 

It was in our understanding that attacking a Port Battle fleet is an act of RvR (doesnt belong to OW PvP imo).

Since diminishing these ships and denying Conquest Marks has direct influence on RvR, we decided that we would have to go to war for this strategic maneuvre.

I talked about fairness in my previous post and, imho, that's not a good start. Especially knowing both nations situation.

Everybody knows that french have some internal problems which have to resolve, and denying them those ports (which were supposed to be empty) will increase their struggles and disorganization.

On the other hand the swedish have already earned some conquest marks and plenty of PvP marks, they have recieved lots of experienced RvR and PvP players and their organization is pretty good.

So, on paper, it's a 1 vs 1 war, but looking at both nations current situation it's obvious that french are not ready to fight and, if swedish players want to have a decent war they should respect France till their players are prepared for war.

Edited by Pablo Frias
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rediii said:

 

So what do you propose?

Let us starve in boredom with the only chance to go raid in french territory? That's not a good solution too.

Also sweden has no coal.

We declared regions we want to get. Every region with a purpose und will not expand further.

I understand your point and you're free to do whatever you want. I'm just saying that it's not going to be a balanced war and will probably be really boring.

And I also believe that denying them Dominica was a dirty action. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pablo Frias said:

I understand your point and you're free to do whatever you want. I'm just saying that it's not going to be a balanced war and will probably be really boring.

And I also believe that denying them Dominica was a dirty action. 

Wasnt boring yesterday.

If they wouldnt shot into their own knee by using 20 BC they probably would have had a great chance to kill or capture alot of swedish surprises. that annoying BC armada split their own inde's into lil groups. with 20 inde's they would have been alot stronger than using 20 BC and 12 Inde's......

Edited by troody
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rediii said:

our plan was to board indefatigables. our goal was not to completly deny dominica.

So again. Sweden is sourrounded and needs space somewhere else on the map. Also sweden needs coal.

What would happen without a war is that french are getting permaganked. Isnt a good thing either.

 

Also they should just get their shit together and see their common enemy. Enemys are quite some time a good thing to unite a nation again

It seems you don't know the french

Link to post
Share on other sites

The declaration of war is honorable.

The way of waging  it from the Swedes is salty -  dirty !

Seriously ? A 1v1 war ?

70 ships from 3 nations : Sweden, Danmark and GB... Mostly danes and sweden at equal number aiming for sinking french and protecting a british port ?

I don't know what to say except that i'm upset with danes and swedes.

Being ennemies could be a good thing. But it has been said that we always should keep respect at each other.

France can wage a good war. But what happened yesterday was a massive ganking. It is now clear that we don't have the same concept of honor and respect.

We'll keep that in mind...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Groslulu77 said:

The declaration of war is honorable.

The way of waging  it from the Swedes is salty -  dirty !

Seriously ? A 1v1 war ?

70 ships from 3 nations : Sweden, Danmark and GB... Mostly danes and sweden at equal number aiming for sinking french and protecting a british port ?

I don't know what to say except that i'm upset with danes and swedes.

Being ennemies could be a good thing. But it has been said that we always should keep respect at each other.

France can wage a good war. But what happened yesterday was a massive ganking. It is now clear that we don't have the same concept of honor and respect.

We'll keep that in mind...

 

I can't speak on behalf of all the danish clans but to my knowledge there is no cooperation in RvR beween Denmark-Norway and Sweden.. And there most definately is no agreement with the brits. That being said... I was in Fort Royal yesterday morning and 1) couldn't get into Fort Royal in my trader brig without being tagged. Made it to port and then was beseiged in the port for 6 hours. After having tp'ed to CS I lost two Tbrigs due to the tp bug. 

So... I've taken a traderbrig today as partial payment for my troubles and yes I plan to take a few more considering there wasn't any goods in hold.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even a simple trade agreement is difficult to maintain with all the randoms and dissenting clans going for easy trader pickings.

And now that Bridgetown has become a coal port there might be a way for us all to get access to critical resources.

Link to post
Share on other sites

(only personal opinion in this post, pls reply in a polite way)

 

It seems we need to have a friendly talk with the french. Our main goal is to get Coal (which we still dont have access to, look at the map Christendom!). No intentions to one-port, wipe, make them quit or whatever. But the French have to clear internal issues alone, thats not our duty.

I have to admit that we made a communication mistake on the assault at Dominica. Although i think that declaring war to the french was the honourable thing to do (because we directly confronted them in RvR), we should have informed the danes earlier and had talks about how this confrontation shall work out.

I want to declare again: DN and SWE are not allied, we just dont interfere in RvR against each other because the past has taught us its not fun to cap each others home ports. Also, there is absolutely ZERO diplomatic agreements with GB. The Dominica maneuvre had the goal to capture french PB ships and let as few ships into the PB as possible (to deny marks). But it was in our interest to still let the french capture it, because getting GB out of the Antilles is in our interest.

Edited by Havelock
thx @ mods for moving this post here!
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...