Game-Labs Forum

Solo, chasing down a lone enemy Renommee with torn sails in my Surprise, after sinking his companion.  Suddenly, to the southwest, I sight a squadron of 4 enemies in various frigates. The lone renommee turns to reengage me and I think it is time to make good my escape.  A short time later, to my northeast, a squadron of 5-6 various frigates and brigs appears, friendly this time, and moves to join me. An epic fight ensues, in an instance that had become a boring chase.

more of that. Less of the current BS.

Edited by Æthlstan

For me, it's not a magic moment, but the game in general and the community.

I remember one of the first time my friends and I, roaming around Kingston somewhat unexperienced in PVP, decided to tag a Pirate Trinco passing by instead of easy preys like LGV. While in loading screen, we were already celebrating our "easy" victory because of the fact that we were 3 surprises against him. The plan was simple : destroy his back and grape his crew. Soon enough, the Trinco (I don't remember his name) demasted one of our guy and before we could lay down our beers to reconsider the situation, he demasted my other friend. That's when we realised we were ****ed. Trying to defend my homies, I too was demasted. At this point, we were just 3 totally useless "jolly-boat" against a "pro" player in still perfect conditions Trinco.

What makes me remember this encounter isn't the fight at all, but the kindness of the enemy, even without us begging for mercy! Instead of laughing at us, he explained to us how suprise's masts are made of toothpicks and how easy they are getting killed if you don't pay enough attention. He then turned his back at us and left us there, without sinking us.

From that day, we decided to roam in Trinco and Consti only, which changed the whole game for us!

Edited by Fritz Hermann
  • Like 4

On 5/19/2017 at 4:37 PM, OneEyedSnake said:

also known before and after pvp2 had a decent population :lol: hello kitty you guys from the bottom of my heart. Must say, that when you guys were that active there were a lot of good battles to be had.

And it still blows my mind they just can't get it that is was only 15-20 guys with a good number of us Dual boxing in more than one port battle/fight or to fill the numbers to make it look like we where all ways 25 strong (do the math if we where actually only 15-20 guys).   With the merge I so hope the higher population means that more nations will fight each other and we all get to have some new magic moments on GLOBAL.   Just be warned we might try to do a raid run on the Dutch some day...not any time soon lol

I was just getting acquainted with the game and it was the first week of early access. At the time, coal was in high demand and selling for a premium in Charlestown. I was still a noob at the time, and there was no such thing as trader tools or whatever so I went exploring for resources. After a few hours of sailing I found Pitts Town. I would sail there and back to Charlestown, and brave the pirate waters to get to the near untapped pool of coal that was there.

One Day a group of pirates caught up to me, and like any trader snow would do, I ran from them. I put out a distress signal in nation chat, calling any captains available in the area for help! It was far from friendly territory, and was sure nobody would be able to help me. Thats when I see in nation chat, a group of US pirate hunters were in the area and had adjusted course to help me out.

The group found me in the middle of nowhere. I've been sailing with them ever since.

That some magic.

I also give to you one of my favorite solo battles which I single handedly fend off this group of frigates.

magicbattle.jpg

Edited by Crayon
  • Like 1

The only real "magic moment" for me, was waay back when I first got my very first Snow, right after I first started playing. Was in OW and needed to head north along the US coast, trying to get to one of the most northern ports for trade. After passing the first port north of C-ton, the weather started getting rough. At first, I thought it was a simple thunder storm. They were fairly normal then, especially along the east coast of the US, so I kept going. Well, the storm kept getting worse...and worse...and after a few in game hours, it had gotten so bad, I could barely see 50 meters around my ship. The waves were massive, sometimes taller than the top deck of my Snow, thunder crashing, lightning flashing, waves smashing against my ship's hull. I seriously thought I was in grave danger.

It ended up getting so bad I turned around and headed south west, trying to find land, anything to guide me back to C-ton. To guide me home. To safety.

I ended up reaching C-ton, the storm clearing to a light squall by the time I got there. I asked in chat if anyone else had been up that way, and only two people had been. They both turned around as well and headed back to safe harbor. We called it a Hurricane. There was nothing else it could have been.

It was the most terrifying, yet exciting thing I had ever seen in this game... One that I've only ever encountered that one time...

• Like 1

On 21.5.2017 at 11:24 AM, John Swigglebottoms said:

For me, the most magical of moments was the Santiago campaign with the Brits :) Every night we were up in force in our 1st rates. That moment when you bought the flag and set sail was awesome. The thrill you get once you see the banner fly that the flag has been pulled. The Spaniards gave us great fights and managed to fight us off time after time, but then this one night we succeeded and took the port. We were so ecstatic. Best feeling ever!

Sailing and protecting the flag was probably one of the most exhillarating things I can recall. I liked the element of surprise way more than we have now with these pre-set times.

I am a bit busy at the moment so don't really have time to play anymore, but I hope to be able to sail with and against you boys (and girls) in the future.

Cheers lads!

Oh yes, the big Trafalgar 2.0 Battle was so epic!!! We tried again and again nearly every day. What waste of SoLs but epic fights against spanish players.

I remember my first steps in game and on Teamspeak (the guys couldn't imagine if i am a woman :D).

Couldn't await the end of Login Queue.

Everybody was very kind and helps out as much as possible.

SoLs were so beautyful, i wanted to sail them. And finally i did it!

It was a long way to be a part of the big Portbattle Fleets and it ends with many good friends (also great enemies) and great battles.

Fair winds

Black Duchess

Edited by Black Duchess
some mistakes founded
  • Like 1

Hey my friend,

as i told before wipe, i prefer to play on Global server, because i don't like the PB-Window thing. I prefer to play on one server where is space for every timezone to have nice battles. And even if its impossible to fix my issue with deleted char because of wipe on global, i am pretty sure i will stay here and if needed lvl up again =).

Feel free to join the Global server, i would be pleased =)

Watching the french fleet emerge from the Dominica port battle, storm port Roseau, then sail back to Martinique yesterday was pretty magical.  I was just spectating in a cutter, but I got to join the fleet entering the newly captured port and then sailing back home.  :) I wish I had remembered to take a screenshot of the fleet sooner. 

Any time when sailing in a large convoy of ships, knowing that each one represents a player, most of them total strangers who wouldn't recognise each-other on the street, all organised and working together for a common goal.

That...and playing the theme tune to the movie Convoy over the teamspeak while we're sailing. ^_^

What gets me every time is looking out the aft of the ship and seeing the waves rolling. What really got me was my first storm. The tranquility of hearing the rain splats, the waves rolling, the sky illuminated and the safety of allied ships following the coast in my direction. Such a magical moment!

storm.mp4

• Like 1

Recent magic moment:

As I captured a trader full of goodies deep in enemy waters and made it back to port. The sail back was pure thrill. I was so happy as I sold the ship and goodies for a nice amount of prize money.

Huzzah Rum for everyone [_]B  !!!

For me, the magic use to be Port Royal water defence. Back in a day when timers use to be 5 min. 

ppl use to organise coast guard fleets to protect or rescue our traders haulers. Pirates use to come alot and pray on our silver haulers.

Port Royal waters use to be safe haven for traders, All Jamaica waters use to be safe, trade use to flourish, and GB economy use to be strong.

then 2 min timers were introduced, pirates run loose as coast guards couldn't respond in time. Many traders left, inflation hit. ;/

3 rates port battles.  use to be fun.   U log in in the evening and you know u can make a port battle.  No grind. Go tag a NPC capture a 3 rate. go and have fun in 25 vs 25. 

No one care if they sunk. we had this moto. u come to sink not to run. :)

And sink we did plenty :)

• Like 1

Ahoy Lads: 

Been a while since I posted or even sailed. I'm getting back in to it again so watch out for William Gold in the Mighty Yacht.

My first magic moment was waaaaaaay back in sea trials. I had my first brig and we had a big battle. I think it was the U.S. against us Brits. I was in a line of battle and one of the devs in a Connie gave me a broadside and tore the livin shit out of my little brig. It was spectacular to see. I love the real Connie and even with the old GPU it looked great.

Another time was when I looked in to the stern lights of  one of my frigates and saw the furnishings (for lack of a better word) inside of the great cabin.

After I rebuilt my gaming rig and got to use higher resolutions, I zoomed in and saw wood grain on the ship. I LOVE the graphics in this game.

Lots of good fights. Lots of fun.

See ya on the Sea.

I'll have to say, that the "campaign to capture port au prince" was amazing and now counts to one of my favorite magic moments in NA. Even though there are already a lot of these moments.

But, I think the two which I will remember the most (without the campaign), where the first battle at port au prince at 11.1.2017. This was the first PB with a new system. When the system got implemented, no one was able to capture new regions. The system was extremely hard. This PB just changed all, it was the first PB in the new system which was won by the attacker and in what a dramatically way.

The other moment, I will remember even after a long time, was when almost the whole server appeared at road town to give the swedes the possibility to capture that port from the danes (Swedes/Danes war). The total amount of players there just felt so amazing and gave such a deep feeling for this wonderful game.

I still have some screenshots from this which i will add here later on.

BTW: Here is my old 3/5 Vic - with full gold equipment which was only for that Victory.
EE63DA16C479BA242B202B9FAF77C912E1537293

• Like 1

Well i was in a battle against surprises and i was in my Santa Cecillia and it was funny they tried to capture but i demasted them and left with the second battle they tagged me better and they shot at my mast but couldn't take my mast down and kept shooting, and I shot at their hull and they had to flee i had like 50% sails left and more than 50% hull and the 9 and 6 pdr kept bouncing off my side, she was a tank of a frigate. I hope to get her back some time.

My highligt of NA:  As the Eastern Alliacne attacked Savanah to get the region Georgia, there was an epic screening fleet battle, I guess more than 80 ships was involved. It was awesome! No PB I ever played was so much fun and so big. I wished more of such events had happened.

Starts 1 or 2 seconds before I opened the battle map. You hear permanent roaring of the guns.

• Like 2