Game-Labs Forum

On 6/7/2017 at 5:17 PM, Gysendorf said:

My highligt of NA:  As the Eastern Alliacne attacked Savanah to get the region Georgia, there was an epic screening fleet battle, I guess more than 80 ships was involved. It was awesome! No PB I ever played was so much fun and so big. I wished more of such events had happened.

Starts 1 or 2 seconds before I opened the battle map. You hear permanent roaring of the guns.

That looked like true mayhem! That was epic! This game really mimics those age of sail naval battles.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for putting up this thread.

1600 hours plus in the game, Rear Admiral Rank, level 50 crafter...

Magic moments, many in fact...the first time I saw a ship blow up in combat.  The time the ai ships I was fighting all glitched and ran themselves up on the land.  The last one was the hardest to sink as it was up so high I had to find the right spot to shoot at it from.  First time I saw a mast come down.  First time I successfully captured an enemy ship, first time I captured an enemy players ship.  First time I blew up a tower in a port battle.  First time I capped a tower in a port battle.

There was a fleet mission with some friends.  I believe we were all in 4 or 5th rates and the enemy fleet (ai) was all 5 rates.  I had 2 ships that came by me to either side at the start of the battle.  I used the bracket keys and fired both broadsides at once.  Put several leaks in one, and de-masted the other.  Pure luck.  I've tried to redo that, and its never happened again.

There was a port battle, against the British.  They were losing and their best player (and one of their biggest ships) was in trouble.  Three of our guys were on him.  At the last possible second he turned and boarded on of our ships....captured it, and took off again in a ship that was essentially undamaged.  He almost survived to the end, but I'll never forget that move, was just classic.

Another port battle, first time I sank an enemy players ship during a port battle, at that time I was very good at surviving the battle itself, but only had 'assists'.  I had put a good hit on this one ship, and he got cut off and hit again by someone else.  He tried to break out of the battle and make it over to 'his' side of the map, but I decided to go after him.  I took him out, but, ended up on the wrong side of the line.  I saw there were 2 enemy ships heading my way.  To get back to "my side" meant going to either side or up the middle of a group of enemy ships.  I figured I was dead anyways so I went up the middle.  My best guess is they were watching ships to the 'outside' of their group, either they never noticed me, or the broadsides facing me weren't reloaded.  No way I should have pulled it off, but I got through, some damage, but not enough to worry about.  Talk about an adrenaline rush!

Another port battle, actually a series of them, we wanted to take this British port and the Brits kept putting up a strong defense.  We fought over that port for like a week straight (before the land in port patch and LONG cool down periods).  It was pretty much a stalemate, we kept coming soooo close to taking that port and they kept holding it, or taking it right back.  They came out with diplomacy right after that, and we ended up being allies.  They told us they didn't think they could keep up the attrition in ships much longer, lots of respect earned on both sides in those battles.  Not that you could that again today with the current port battle system.

Then there was the time the pirates tried to take one of our ports.  We set up a picket line, 1 ship just in visual range of ships to either side.  When the pirate flag bearer showed up, we chased him down.  Got him in battle and he led us a merry chase through the islands in the bahamas.  Someone set him on fire as I got close to him...and he rammed me which set my ship on fire...his fire went out, my fire went out, and I caught up with him at the end as we sunk him.  Was an epic battle and well played by the pirate player.  He came very close to getting pass our screen.  Again, not going to see anything like that again with the current port battle mechanics. 

Or, there was the time I capped a pirate second rate...only my team mate was afraid I was going to lose, so he blasted the ship at point blank range and set it on fire.  It blew up!  I got damaged, got an assist kill on another one of the pirates big ships, but too much had been lost and I was sunk myself.  Was a great fight though.  Haven't been able to participate in a port battle since the new game mechanics...man I miss them though.

Magic...back in the day when you didnt need to burn a couple of hundred hours to get 'skilled' in a ship.  I miss the old days of this game.

Edited by Uilleam
Forgot to list hours in game as requested at thread start.
  • Like 1

When spanish players stole thousands mahogany log, mahogany frame parts, live oak log and live oak frame parts to british players in Chiriquí and New Smyrna at a joke price. It was epic. We sailed only in Le Gross Ventre without the help of combat ships and also fought with these traders against enemy combat ships in East Florida. That was one of my best moments in this game that i´m not playing at this moment. I don´t like the game as it is now.

On 5/16/2017 at 5:42 PM, Slamz said:

I really think this was something special, and more importantly it wasn't an event limited to just a few people in one night, it was nearly the entire French nation (at the time) over a several week period.

The defense of Pedernales in particular was glorious, and it became a point of French pride that we refused to allow it to fall without a fight, even if it meant sitting inside the port for 2 hours every night just in case a flag was launched against it.  The other 22 hours of each day was packed with PvP, and it mattered -- it wasn't just sinking ships for fun, it was all-out war and it became our moral obligation to Sink All Pirates.

• Like 1

Well, it was a battle long ago (I guess about one year and a half), I was in a Cherubim and my opponent in a Trinco. He chased me feeling sure he would catch me but I turned left and right firing at his masts until he catched up and finally he ended up demasted & raked, so he surrendered. It was my first victory in PVP in 1 vs 1.

• 1 month later...

My first Tribunal as an ignorant Flag Captain ready to lose my Surprise to superior forces. (I couldn't even properly identify flags and ranks. :lol:)

The Honduras Campaign:

Which clearly had me scoring a victory over @Jeheil:

Holding my own Tribunal on whether @fox2run had betrayed the Danish Nation in the run up to the infamous Battle of Macao.

PS. It was the cunning fox who had asked for a forum vote and was willing to pay 30 Silver. It just didn't end up in my pocket. :lol:

I have many more stories on the forum for those who wish to look for them. :)

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

DB1228FB2091A057D1DDE48697DF5234F37C5CA7

The first ship of the duchy of Saxe-Lauenburg! 

Ive seen Prater doing a custom flag, did some research and apparently you need to create some files / models in unity and put them into the gamefiles, is that correct? Because I'd LOVE to have a custom flag. But no idea how to work with unity XD

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Liq said:

Ive seen Prater doing a custom flag, did some research and apparently you need to create some files / models in unity and put them into the gamefiles, is that correct? Because I'd LOVE to have a custom flag. But no idea how to work with unity XD

you have to change a file, but I dont know how you can modify it, in the Spanish subforum you can make requests for a custom flag!

Most magic moment in NA?

--- Someone in Sea Trials s said those magic words in chat "Duel Anyone".
--- I got wrecked
--- Ifell in love :D

Nothing gets you hooked more than a good beating. (Im actually serious, competition is what drives a lot of the players, if someone is much better than you, you either submit or the ego kicks in.)

• Like 3

One of the biggest score i know so far/ taken part of

4 Indiamans captured, 1Wasa captured, 2 Indiamans and a Wasa we send it as gift to Davy Jones and the Flying Dutchman. 

Total worth in gold some were in the millions

Goods:

11.000 Iron, 1700 Compass wood, 3000+ White oak planks, 2000 Provisions, 2400 Silver ore, 2100 gold, 800 sabicu and other goods that were at least 4 figures

As a gift:

To the brimm loaded indiamans with coal and guns

My personal contribution 550+ crew to Hell itself :D

And may Tyr and Ull be ever in your favor

Edited by pietjenoob
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My magic moment was being attacked in my trader lynx by two player small ships (also lynxes or privateers?) 

I outmanoeuvred them, smashed off BOTH their bow sprits and escaped laughing like mad, as I thought i was doomed when they tagged me....

It was a true Houdini moment..... and all planned not just luck!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Almost 1200 hours in the game, I loved playing with everyone around the world, one reason I joined the EU server even though I'm from NA. Best moment I've ever had were all the surprise port battles. One in particular we were on our way when we were met by the defense force going to defend  and ended up having an all out battle in the open sea. I caught on fire and rammed into an enemy ship and decided to blow up and take 'em down with me! 

The game was a lot more fun in the early stages after a couple patches with drastic changes it significantly caused the game to become less enjoyable, as you can see from the current population actively playing. I have recently come back to the game in hopes that maybe they will resort to the early mechanics bringing back the majority of the player base, boy would that be awesome! I'm not saying I dislike some of the new mechanics because some I like. Anyways fair winds and following seas Captains!

Edited by TimeForged

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...