Game-Labs Forum

PB timers for EU servers

No server should have restricted timers. There are other reasons some will wish to stay on the euro server including already established clans etc. restricitng timers on those players is essntially locking them out of any chance to particiapte in PB much like what is currently occuring.

13 hours ago, BallsOfSteel said:

Most of us from PVP1 not based in europe are going global when the wipe comes, we want no restriction on timers.

On 15.5.2017 at 11:22 AM, Jon Snow lets go said:

What do you think is the best timeframe for it?

I would like 13 - 21 server time. Its a pretty big timeframe to include as much players as possible without the possiblility of nightflips/dayflips.

PBs at 1pm have always been "nightflip" PBs because the stronger nation can still field a large fleet while the smaller nation will only field 3-4 players. You even say "dayflip", so what is a dayflip if not 1pm?

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

PBs at 1pm have always been "nightflip" PBs because the stronger nation can still field a large fleet while the smaller nation will only field 3-4 players. You even say "dayflip", so what is a dayflip if not 1pm?

You are right. Like I said I want to include as much people as possible but thats given with a smaller timeframe if you look at these 2 maps:

(1st map: population density | 2nd map: timezones)

World_population_density_1994_-_with_equ

Standard_World_Time_Zones.png

You can see that you cover Europe and at least 80% of Russian population with 4 timezones (0 to +3). Thankfully the +3 timezone has no daylight saving bullshit.

If you put PB timers to 15-20 server time, it means that:

+0 timezone can start PBs from 15-20 / 16-21 local time

+1 timezone can start PBs from 16-21 / 17-22 local time

+2 timezone can start PBs from 17-22 / 18-23 local time

+3 timezone can start PBs from 18-23 local time

I think thats the best compromise to give ALL of those timezones a nice timewindow at primetime for PBs, even tho it can get really late still especially for Russians (PBs last up to 1,75 hours and if you are attacking and dont win you have to sail back afterwards).

@admin

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 3

Are there many players from India that need to be accommodated?

What nation would Indians prefer?

I've seen the attempt to accommodate as many as possible before, only resulting in antagonizing those already there by having decisive action taken place when they couldn't play, and no one else really did either.