Game-Labs Forum

PB timers for EU servers

What do you think is the best timeframe for it?

I would like 13 - 21 server time. Its a pretty big timeframe to include as much players as possible without the possiblility of nightflips/dayflips.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rediii said:

I think we agree that this is already quite late, even for brits. Now you have to rethink, you will NOT be able to log out instantly. What if the defender can still rally enough ships to engage the remaining ships of the offensive force?

Yeah you are right, i forgot that you have to somehow sail back after pb...

Can you enter a port you just captured or is that only possible after server maintenance btw?

11 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

14:00 - 23:59 UTC

else you simply cut the legs to both the East and the West shares of EU community. East plays earliest timers, West plays until later.

Thats 2 AM CEST mate + 1,5 hours of battle is in the middle of the night again...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, rediii said:

as start?

So:

British will play atleast until 2 AM

Germans until 3 AM

Russians until 5 AM

That's way too late. ;) 

Okay. Let's make it ALWAYS at 20:00 then. no interval of time whatsoever at least a third of the population might be able to play one day out of three... *sigh*

36 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Okay. Let's make it ALWAYS at 20:00 then. no interval of time whatsoever at least a third of the population might be able to play one day out of three... *sigh*

Wow.. :huh:

What about 15.00 - 21.00 servertime? :)

• Like 1

Inconvenient battles will never go away entirely without being too exclusive, but at least it'll be way less extreme than before. Let's not jump in at the deep end as with alliances, instead start wide, test and then see.

Things to keep in mind.

- Hostility buildup grace period of 1-2 hours before and after cut-off time (PB can still be set up, PB will be set at the cut-off time instead. (Ab/using it to stack multiple PBs might become a problem)

- Separate weekday and weekend timers (ideally workday timer - friday timer extra late - saturday timer extra early and extra late - sunday timer extra early).

I'd say something along the lines of 14-22, if necessary constrained to 15 - 21.

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Wow.. :huh:

What about 15.00 - 21.00 servertime? :)

Office until 18:30 and dinner / family time up until roughly 2100 - 2200 :) 

But yeah, sounds cool for CET and EET

Reposting this from an other thread:

Well, i think for the Euro-server, CET (with daylight savings) should be the median.

Now, i would agree with 17:00 local time open RvR, so that early birds and youngsters can enjoy the game fully.
This would translate into 15:00 servertime, for weekends, i would suggest to open RvR with the server restart.

Guys with families might have the first chance to play at 21:00, so open RvR to 22:00 would make sence.
This would translate into 20:00 servertime (again, talking about CET as euro median).

My two Öre about PB times...

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

14 GMT - 23 GMT Remember PB are longer now.

Yes they are longer, but the PB can also go over the PB timer; the only thing which has to be within the timer is the start...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto Kohl said:

Oh how i miss old conquest and timers system...

How ironic, since supposedly there's no problem with the current one.

37 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Yeah, enjoy playing on 100 people server.

Yet even with 600+ players, people still didn't want to stick around on a "global" server when finally given a choice in the matter.

On another note though, how do ya reckon the pirates will be doing after the wipe? Don't know if you were represented at the server meeting, EU players were promoted to only join either GB or US to find other EU folks, and as I understand it pirates will no longer be able to craft SOLs? Seems a bit rough, but at least alliances are gone.

Russia and GB (soon) are not EU they shouldn't be considered when it comes to timer.

It's supposed to be an EU server and not an half global server.

Edited by z4ys

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Russia and GB (soon) are not EU they shouldn't be considered when it comes to timer.

It's supposed to be an EU server and not an half global server.

Its about geographics and not politics dude....

If dont like timers go play on global no need to throw some bullshit in here

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its about geographics and not politics dude....

If dont like timers go play on global no need to throw some bullshit in here

I just wanted to help. Because it seems to me that including Russia and GB is not an easy task. They are both to far away timezone wise. Even Russia has a lot of time zones. So you guys want divide Russia. Everything behind Moscow to China is supposed to be global? We're you wanna draw the line? 

Don't know why you are so mad?

Edited by z4ys

6 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

GB far away timezone wise? Really?

To the eastern tip of Russia? Isnt it the same as I (central EU player) would play with the US East coast? and isnt that why we got the server split? ;-)

Edited by z4ys

12 minutes ago, rediii said:

play on global and don't write shit

Is that your answer to everything? Look at page one. Is there a time proposed that everyone agreed to? I cant see one. So when there is no agreement then the timezone difference has to be smaller and that is why I did suggest to exclude Russia and GB.

You can disagree but you dont have to be mad.

Edited by z4ys

To all:

If this going to be the old flametrollfestletssplitandspit or are we all going to discuss proper solution without trying to squeeze as much as possible each other's playing time ?

Get yourself together sailors.

• Like 5

Maybe it would be clearer and easier to have a multiple-choice poll of, say, 16 or so UTC time slots, and people vote for the start and end time that they think would be ideal? And with voter names shown, since as shown not a thread goes by without global folks butting in with their silly remarks like a scorned lover.