Game-Labs Forum
admin

Information on the forthcoming patch to live servers.

Just now, VonBarb said:

Can we still jump to outposts or does the restriction only apply to moving ships / items ?

You can move between outposts located in your nation owned ports.

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

You can move between outposts located in your nation owned ports.

I was afraid that would be the case. Goodbye quick hunting out of Free Towns in enemy waters. Hello Aimlessly Sailing Around Jamaica my old friend.

• Like 1

Teleport to free port / from free port to national port is getting removed, but what about teleport between national ports? Will it cost marks?

30 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Just to get a clear confirm on this, so I don't screw it up for myself.

We can redeem only on one server, so we can be only rear admiral (current rank) on one server, on the other servers we would have to start from scratch but we can play on them?

Or can we redeem on all three servers, but progress is stored seperatly?

i believe it counts only for the xp,and not for the redeemables 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Just to get a clear confirm on this, so I don't screw it up for myself.

We can redeem only on one server, so we can be only rear admiral (current rank) on one server, on the other servers we would have to start from scratch but we can play on them?

Or can we redeem on all three servers, but progress is stored seperatly?

You get the redeemables on every server based on your rank on that server. If you never logged in to the PVE server for example your rank there will be 0 so if you wish to have a max level character there login there to update your xp. 
It is recommended to login to all servers asap to update the xp levels to the max. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Teleport to free port / from free port to national port is getting removed, but what about teleport between national ports? Will it cost marks?

We are struggling with this decision. We initially wanted to make it cost X pve marks based on captain's level. But still did not have a lot of time to think it through. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

Grinding is OK if you focus on one line of knowledge.

That's debatable though.  I scavenged, built forests and mines, sailed around etc.  Finally built a double Sabicu Essex.  To unlock 3rd slot on Essex it goes like this:

Unlock all slots on basic cutter

Unlock slot 3 on pickle

Unlock slot 3 on snow

unlock slot 3 on brig

unlock slot 3 on Cerberus

unlock slot 3 on frigate

Then I can grind to unlock slot 3 on Essex. Every step is required.

To unlock slot 4 on Essex, I shudder to wonder...

Like I said, a bit too grindy for me, I will do it, but don't look forward to it.

/edit  Knowing the progression tree beforehand and planning accordingly will probably make a difference, I jumped straight to Frigate then the Essex before grinding in earnest.

Edited by Atreides

1 hour ago, admin said:

you can do whatever you want captain :)
but the delays were absolutely necessary - as we could not deploy the wipe patch without the nation change item. Remember that xp is no longer synced if you delete your character and thus to reduce all potential problems with player mistakes with redeemables - nation change item had to be coded in.

Yes, you can do whatever you want.. right.. also sinking the ship or in this case.. bring game to death..

A better way to implement new content.. put 3-5 things on testbed (before the most know that there was a new server, the "live" was the testserver) after your misterious shipwipe, all tested and seems bugfree, put them on live.. next 3-5 things... and so on .. but not.. oh this this and this we cant put to test.. with all the other stuff.. which was come to our mind.. and we will test and so the date to patch the Live is far in the Future.. its boring and unreproducible for the most of the community.. OK.. you will make a good Patch.. but dont make an endless story of this.. or better.. "A neverending Story"

Damned .. im rly angry about your Patchlogic

Edited by SirDanger
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Atreides said:

That's debatable though.  I scavenged, built forests and mines, sailed around etc.  Finally built a double Sabicu Essex.  To unlock 3rd slot on Essex it goes like this:

Unlock all slots on basic cutter

Unlock slot 3 on pickle

Unlock slot 3 on snow

unlock slot 3 on brig

unlock slot 3 on Cerberus

unlock slot 3 on frigate

Then I can grind to unlock slot 3 on Essex. Every step is required.

To unlock slot 4 on Essex, I shudder to wonder...

Like I said, a bit too grindy for me, I will do it, but don't look forward to it.

For 3rd slot agamemnon you need 3rd slot on: basic cutter -> pickle -> brig -> snow -> cerb -> frigate. The 4th slot are generally without requirements.

My point: The grind only has to be done once.

9 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

For 3rd slot agamemnon you need 3rd slot on: basic cutter -> pickle -> brig -> snow -> cerb -> frigate. The 4th slot are generally without requirements.

My point: The grind only has to be done once.

When you dont like basic cutter-pickle-brig-snow-cerb going to farm missions is a pain.

And highly doubt someone is going to take those ships to OW PVP.

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

When you dont like basic cutter-pickle-brig-snow-cerb going to farm missions is a pain.

I thought missions as we know them are gonna be removed anyway?

14 minutes ago, SirDanger said:

A better way to implement new content.. put 3-5 things on testbed (before the most know that there was a new server, the "live" was the testserver) after your misterious shipwipe, all tested and seems bugfree, put them on live.. next 3-5 things... and so on .. but not.. oh this this and this we cant put to test.. with all the other stuff.. which was come to our mind.. and we will test and so the date to patch the Live is far in the Future.. its boring and unreproducible for the most of the community.. OK.. you will make a good Patch.. but dont make an endless story of this.. or better.. "A neverending Story"

You can't do that mate. When the structure of code changes e.g. ship structure changed you can't deploy it in pieces. Also you can't wipe live servers every week like you can do with testbed.

• Like 4

The salt and random attacks here are hilarious.

Do you really think that throwing insults at the developers will improve the game?

You bought an EA title for what, 40 bucks, and it is great already. 9 more days until some patch won't kill the game, a toxic community will kill it though.

It's a gooda game. The progression on test bed seems much more appropriate than what we have on the live system now, What is the point of pickle , / privateer / snow etc when you spend like one hour in those ships and then move on to the next tier.

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, VonBarb said:

I was afraid that would be the case. Goodbye quick hunting out of Free Towns in enemy waters. Hello Aimlessly Sailing Around Jamaica my old friend.

It will be a exercise on planning our guerre de corse venture and hoping the Navy can do their job as good as the privateers do :D

Conquest will change for sure. Having a region where it can be a thorn on the side of your enemy, that provides fast deployment is a must.

• Like 1

I cant belive this, why dont you just put out the things that Works and u make updates like alwaies? 

Edited by lobogris

40 minutes ago, admin said:

We are struggling with this decision. We initially wanted to make it cost X pve marks based on captain's level. But still did not have a lot of time to think it through. 

So for now, tp between national ports is going to stay as it is?
I think the idea of limiting the amount of TPs is good. However, I think everyone should have a 'free' teleport every 4 hours, and for additional TPs you would have to pay (in marks?)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lobogris said:

I cant belive this, why dont you just put out the things that Works and u make updates like alwaies? 

And do wipes everytime an update is released ?! That's the whole issue. Proper wipe with the large deployment of all changes.

Plus it is being delayed due to a safe net, nation papers, so to give a one chance IF anyone is displeased with the nation he chose and can change once.

After all there's no more "keeping the rank and all that jazz" if you erase your character after you redeemed everything.

• Like 2

ship progression will mean that for at least the first 2 weeks noone will be trying PBs or any serious PvP cause teh grind will take that long combined with actually getting the ships 

personally i feel each ships progression should be for that ship alone so u dont have to go thru the tree(p.s. royal navy captains routinely skipped shiptypes at promotion)

44 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

I thought missions as we know them are gonna be removed anyway?

there will still be pve missions from what i can see to help making coin and reputation but wont affect hostility

3 minutes ago, capitan delevore said:

ship progression will mean that for at least the first 2 weeks noone will be trying PBs or any serious PvP cause teh grind will take that long combined with actually getting the ships 

personally i feel each ships progression should be for that ship alone so u dont have to go thru the tree(p.s. royal navy captains routinely skipped shiptypes at promotion)

And not mentioning what will happen with next wipe (or at the release), when all the horrible grind carried out for weeks and months by players to max out, let's say, an agamemnon or a constitution will be cancelled in a second.

Edited by victor

2 minutes ago, victor said:

And not mentioning what will happen with next wipe (or at the release), when all the horrible grind carried out for weeks and months by players to max out, let's say, an agamemnon or a constitution will be cancelled in a second.

this is supposed to be the last wipe b4 launch...but we will have to wait and see

10 minutes ago, capitan delevore said:

this is supposed to be the last wipe b4 launch...but we will have to wait and see

At launch there will be a wipe almost for sure. And the point is another ... that, with no information in advance, a lot of people will simply not be disposed to take the risk of wasting months in grinding slots and slots for high rank ships (i.e. SOLs).

The problem is that in other alpha thest, when you test a new feature, usually they give you the new feature. Here they give you - as if it was the feature - the grind to achieve the feature you should test. Dunno if it will work again. A lot of testers are suffering some kind of "burnout" syndrome.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt Nathan said:

are you joking me you are now throwing another wishy washy date at us the day of the last deadline another 9 bloody days!!!!

Keep your game im washing my hand of you and i am sure i won't be the only one either 

Wrong. WRONG! (Trump voice) The Devs are doing the correct thing, Quality over deadline. It is ready when it is ready. All good things come to those who wait. A stitch in time, saves nine. The delays may seem annoying, but delays because the Devs are actively listening and bug-hunting. 

[_]p Atta boy, Devs!:)

• Like 11

1. What about raids? Pirates cannot craft SOLs now, they are just becoming more and more useless and pointless nation while they still remain a valid nation that is forced to participate in RvR. Pirates will just lose lots of ports, because they cannot compete in PBs normally. 

2. Still no information about PB timers, about server location, about network improvements? Global server shouldn't be "global" just in the name of it.

"Ships in general became more expensive to make"

Aw, cool! So instead of 5 lives we get 1 life (that's fine), but in the same time, it will be much more expensive to craft the ships, right, huh? So we are back to being scared of losing a ship, escaping, fleeing, running away, camping and zeging in huge groups for sake of safeness.

4. Why fully remove TP to capital? That was something that could bring players together for some action... Everyone could at any time group at capital for some operation, defense and so on. At this time... welcome lonely sailing, solo-action... You want to fix 1 problem (having to sail again to area from which you teleported) and you create another problems with one fixed... Allow both options, nearest deep water port (friendly) and capital. Bring us the freedom of choice.

5. Why force us to make stupid grind of ships? I mean... We were told we need to master / grind just our favorite ships and now it turns to be a ladder of ships we need to get through... Hello grind, my old friend...

Edited by Peter Goldman