Game-Labs Forum

Information on the forthcoming patch to live servers.

are you joking me you are now throwing another wishy washy date at us the day of the last deadline another 9 bloody days!!!!

Keep your game im washing my hand of you and i am sure i won't be the only one either 

Edited by Capt Nathan
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt Nathan said:

are you joking me you are now throwing another wishy washy date at us the day of the last deadline another 9 bloody days!!!!

Keep your game im washing my hand of you and i am sure i won't be the only one either 

you can do whatever you want captain :)
but the delays were absolutely necessary - as we could not deploy the wipe patch without the nation change item. Remember that xp is no longer synced if you delete your character and thus to reduce all potential problems with player mistakes with redeemables - nation change item had to be coded in.

• Like 31

15 minutes ago, admin said:

but the delays were absolutely necessary - as we could not deploy the wipe patch without the nation change item. Remember that xp is no longer synced if you delete your character and thus to reduce all potential problems with player mistakes with redeemables - nation change item had to be coded in.

right i fully understand the point of EA game and delays and bugs etc but why have you chosen today of to inform us of delay surely you keep a progress tracker of game development and are aware days in advance if you will release patch on date suggested. all we ask for as a community is a little more transparentness with information hard new is hard news but advance warning are easier to take then a slap in the mouth when you expect a kiss. i am not being a dick to ask for a little more information to be kept in the loop?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Combat model updated. Structure introduced. Ship now receives structural leaks when structure goes down (not when armor is destroyed like before). Structure affects leaks and masts integrity (you will be able to demast by bow and stern raking).

It's impossible to destroy all structure with only bow and stern raking.

Or it require too much time.

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, admin said:
  • When instance ends all hulls with white flags left in instance are sank and give rewards to players who were supposed to receive kills for them

Do I still get rewards for those ships when I already left the instance before its closing?

28 minutes ago, admin said:
  • It now takes some time to destroy stacks of resources in your cargo. This will allow privateers to get some cargo if they tag the trader in time. You can only destroy one stack in 25 seconds

If a player has only 1 resource in hold (especially heavy stuff like wood) he can still insta delete everything. Should be based on weight and have a progression bar instead of being instant. Like right click on it -> throw overboard (takes 20 seconds)

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Do I still get rewards when I left the instance early?

If a player has only 1 resource in hold (especially heavy stuff like wood) he can still insta delete everything. Should be based on weight and have a progression bar instead of being instant. Like right click on it -> throw overboard (takes 20 seconds)

How about a ping  freeze of your screen for 20 sec (just kidding ):D

it takes me 30 seconds to fulfill this command i am not that fast...:huh:

Edited by Thonys

A lot of the new mechanics on the testbed have been good IMHO, the ship grinding is a little too grindy for me, but the overall changes have been good.  Looking forward to when this goes to live servers.  In the meantime I will mess around on testbed and give feedback.

20 minutes ago, admin said:

Just to get a clear confirm on this, so I don't screw it up for myself.

We can redeem only on one server, so we can be only rear admiral (current rank) on one server, on the other servers we would have to start from scratch but we can play on them?

Or can we redeem on all three servers, but progress is stored seperatly?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Spud said:

We can redeem only on one server, so we can be only rear admiral (current rank) on one server, on the other servers we would have to start from scratch but we can play on them?

Or can we redeem on all three servers, but progress is stored seperatly?

If you had an account on all servers before the wipe, you will be able to redeem your xp on all three servers once.

9 minutes ago, Otto Kohl said:

Oh god, 9 more days of playing Rust... i dont know if i can survive this...

Maaaate I hear ya, I am back to Diablo 3 FFS !!

On the upside appreciate the consolidate patch list/notes and at least the new date is closer than the slip on the last move !! The horizon is getting closer......

• Like 4

Sounds like a completely different game from what it was when I last played. Will have to see how it plays out when it comes out. Three things I can already say I am not happy about :

- Increased Forts effectiveness - At least with the current forts density.

- Restrictions on transport between outposts - Can we still jump to outposts or does the restriction only apply to moving ships / items ?

- Encouraging the use of NPC fleets - #Nofleets.

I'm still eager to start fresh when the patch is finally released. Take all the time you need, you probably won't get a second chance. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Atreides said:

A lot of the new mechanics on the testbed have been good IMHO, the ship grinding is a little too grindy for me, but the overall changes have been good.  Looking forward to when this goes to live servers.  In the meantime I will mess around on testbed and give feedback.

Grinding is OK if you focus on one line of knowledge.

1 minute ago, The Red Duke said:

You can move between outposts located in your nation owned ports.

I was afraid that would be the case. Goodbye quick hunting out of Free Towns in enemy waters. Hello Aimlessly Sailing Around Jamaica my old friend.

• Like 1