Game-Labs Forum

Why be a Pirate after the wipe?

@Sir Texas Sir I think Kidd's (The whole Island) should be unconquerable. I also think pirates should have individual small ports scattered around the Caribbean in that category as well., but I don't think it should include an enormous chunk of the Bahamas. Likewise I think that captured SoL, AI or player, should go to the Admiralty and that all ships turned over to the admiralty (including AI ships which are uncapturable) should give the player some prize money. I don't think pirates should be considered a nation and get admiralty ships but should be allowed to keep anything they capture for their own use. You should also get something in return for the PvP Marks you earn -- I just don't know what. (Perhaps some of those pirate refit BPs you were talking about on another thread.)

Yah I'm all for such things myself, but until the Devs come out and change the mechanics we have to work with what we have.  I also think Pirate refit should be locked to pirates only.  Or just give us those perks as a Faction bonus.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

On May 12, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Headless Parrot said:

Im writing a promotional article about this game. From a gaming/fun perspective - why would someone want to play a Pirate in this game after the wipe. I'm having difficulty coming up with reasons that would appeal to new players - especially ones without a clan. Other than the ability to attack fellow Pirates (which im not sure is an advantage), there doesn't seem to be anything that stands out as a reason to be a Pirate - in fact, its quite the opposite.  Devs/Players...a little help please..... trying to bring new players in.

You seem to be writing from the point of view that players need some kind of special carrot or reward to play pirate.  I never played pirate for any rewards. I played to fly the black and war on the world...Yarrr!   

For your promo I would suggest you write about the real world Pirate Republic of the famed Hornigold, Teach, Rackham and fellow scaly wags.  NA simulates this period in the history of Carribean Pirates when, for a brief decade, the Pirates were a nation based in the Bahamas. Free of Kings and Government.  Taking what the could and making their own rules. Tell them the story of the real Pirate Republic and NA gives them the chance to make it their own story. Anyway, the best reason anyone could have for being a Pirate after the wipe is to be a  bloody Pirate.  If they need some kind of reward or pirate participation trophy the nation of the black probably doesn't need them anyway.  ?

Edited by Bach