Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Remove cannons from AI combat ships you successfully board


Recommended Posts

We can't capture the ships, but at least allow us to remove cannons for later use or sale from AI combat ships we successfully board. It's not going to make anyone rich but it would provide a bit of income to pay for the crew and ship damage we sustain in combat.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No.

You get the Marks, the possible cargo, XP and the money, even if you cannot capture the ship.As far as it is a NPC.

Player ships can be captured.

That should do.

Edited by Fenris
Link to post
Share on other sites

What Farrago is saying is it should be an option to take guns (and ship will be nice) from caps and use them for cost and loss compensation. I vote YES, good point. All too often have I lost cash in after battle costs. 

Edited by Buba Smith
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

Then why build cannon as a crafter?  Just go grind some AI and you have all the free cannon you want.

But unless AI has changed, when you could capture them, you'd only get medium cannons. So if you want long cannons, you have to go and craft them. Same thing if you want carronades. AI already sells medium cannons in shops, so there is always that option to buy them. Being able to capture cannons could help low-level guys afford to keep their ships armed. Not sure if I'd like it if you could capture carronades or long guns off of AI, that might remove the need to craft cannons.

/rant coming\ :rolleyes:

Though to be fair, the whole "Well there will be cannon-crafters, and there will be ship-crafters, and there will be resource-producers..." idea is nonsense. It has never worked before in this game and it is not likely to start working now. Nobody is going to just craft cannons LOL. Nobody is just going to make resources. Clans will continue to be their own self-sufficient entities when it comes to crafting, but even if a lone player wants to craft everything himself, he can do so by alternating buildings each week. I see nothing wrong with that system and I see no reason to continue to try make crafting any more of an annoyance/time-consuming difficulty than it already is.

\rant over/ :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Willis PVP2 said:

Though to be fair, the whole "Well there will be cannon-crafters, and there will be ship-crafters, and there will be resource-producers..." idea is nonsense. It has never worked before in this game and it is not likely to start working now.

You're right.  Game-Labs can save a lot of time, forget about further game development, release the current production servers as-is and end the early-release phase, and call it a day.  After all, it's never worked before, and it won't work now - may as well just give up and release, right?

Talk about nonsense.  :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Henry d'Esterre Darby said:

You're right.  Game-Labs can save a lot of time, forget about further game development, release the current production servers as-is and end the early-release phase, and call it a day.  After all, it's never worked before, and it won't work now - may as well just give up and release, right?

Talk about nonsense.  :rolleyes:

I didn't suggest that. I just said that with the current system on testbed, there is no NEED for players to work together to craft stuff, you can still craft ships on your own, it will just take time. I don't think this lovely idea of a "player-driven economy" will work well at all with such a small population. With a larger population, yeah it might work. Or they could increase the count of production buildings for players and maybe that would work, but all this is only vaguely related the point of the OP, who was asking about capturing cannons from AI.

And for the record: I would have been fine if they kept a lot of things as-is, implemented some stuff from testbed, fixed the broken stuff we currently have, worked out a couple bugs, and released that as a game...but that is just my opinion, and I'm fine that they keep adding content to the game. I don't mind some of these changes, but they need work out some major flaws, but those flaws are perfectly pointed out in other threads. Back to the original post...med cannons capped from AI is absolutely fine, and ruins nothing.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Willis PVP2 said:

I didn't suggest that. I just said that with the current system on testbed, there is no NEED for players to work together to craft stuff, you can still craft ships on your own, it will just take time. I don't think this lovely idea of a "player-driven economy" will work well at all with such a small population. With a larger population, yeah it might work. Or they could increase the count of production buildings for players and maybe that would work, but all this is only vaguely related the point of the OP, who was asking about capturing cannons from AI.

And for the record: I would have been fine if they kept a lot of things as-is, implemented some stuff from testbed, fixed the broken stuff we currently have, worked out a couple bugs, and released that as a game...but that is just my opinion, and I'm fine that they keep adding content to the game. I don't mind some of these changes, but they need work out some major flaws, but those flaws are perfectly pointed out in other threads. Back to the original post...med cannons capped from AI is absolutely fine, and ruins nothing.

 

Crafting will work in major clans, it always did. You play single, it will take longer for sure.

About "player driven economy"..... It will not work untill we can set contracts on a board, which could look like this one in DELIVERY MISSIONS, where we are able to trade everything and DEMAND AS PAYMENT EVERYTHING.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...