Game-Labs Forum

Colt M1855 not working

Tibbenator

So I recently noticed that my cavalry units equipped with the Colt M1855 repeater were not using their firearms and only getting into melee. I had plenty of ammo so that's not the issue, and it only seems to be this gun (although I haven't tried other repeaters so may be an issue with all repeaters?).  Kinda upset that I wasted so much money on these guns and now I have to switch to something less effective. :(

Edit: To clarify I am playing as the Confederate States, if that makes a difference.

Edited by Tibbenator
  • Like 1

The Colt M1855 is a Shock Cavalry weapon, meaning it specialized in melee at the expense of (most) firearm shooting.  You can tell what cavalry weapons are such weapons rather than carbines by the HUD icon - if it's got a saber in the background, it's a Shock Cavalry weapon.  Shock Cavalry is still effective, but you have to use them in a different way than Carbine Cavalry.

On 5/9/2017 at 0:41 PM, Tibbenator said:

So I recently noticed that my cavalry units equipped with the Colt M1855 repeater were not using their firearms and only getting into melee. I had plenty of ammo so that's not the issue, and it only seems to be this gun (although I haven't tried other repeaters so may be an issue with all repeaters?).  Kinda upset that I wasted so much money on these guns and now I have to switch to something less effective. :(

Edit: To clarify I am playing as the Confederate States, if that makes a difference.

I love the M1855 Cavalry. 

The thing is since it's a revolver, you have to get in VERY close and stop to discharge your firearms. It is hard to get that close and not engage in melee. But it can, and has, been done. 

And, as Soldier said, the saber is there as well, so these guys are like Bedford Forrest looking for wood to chop. 

On 5/9/2017 at 10:41 AM, Tibbenator said:

It may be that they didn't want to blow their hands off ;) 

• Like 2