Game-Labs Forum

If you had to pick one Civil War song

I've thought about making such a thread for a long time. Hopefully this will all help us build the perfect gaming playlist for UGCW :)

The rules are simple : Only post one song per post (to avoid confusion and spamming) and if possible leave out the most obvious ones ('Battle cry of freedom' for example)

My choice goes to Abe's retreat, a very catchy fiddle tune

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Mr. Mercanto said:

I only get to pick one!? No fair!! 

It's like picking a favourite kid...

You can put more than one but in separate posts so the thread remains easy to read.

Here's another one I really enjoy. Great historical value as well as it portrays the increasing role of working women in times of mass-mobilization.

• Like 1

i dont know why but the goober peas song i feel that it disrespects stonewall Jackson. his last words were, 'Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.' but other than that i think burl Ives makes the song catchier

17 minutes ago, Draluigi said:

Lol I litterally got zero part of that joke? remark? reproach?! Sorry I'm just a french guy who finds the tune very catchy and the lyrics really beautiful.

There is a very well known movie starring and directed by Clint Eastwood called 'The Outlaw Josey Wales'. 

If you haven't seen it, watch it. I cannot recommend it more strongly. 

If you have, you know of what I speak. 'The Rose of Alabamy' is used throughout the movie. 

Enjoy!

• Like 1