Game-Labs Forum

4 hours ago, Bearwall said:

But that really doesn't change my point.. The point was/is that even tho I like the "scarcity" of certains materials they should never reach the point where one nation/group of nations can prevent others from defending/attacking.. There's a reason why the LO was so popular for SoL.. If they restrict the materials to certain regions they are actively ruining the possibility for other nations to compete on an equal footing - which is fine IF there's a chance to "get back" into the game.. Another point is: Why the hell isn't there a free town up at Bermuda - i.e. the lack of a free town restricts Bermuda Cedar to 1 faction and that's the brittish because let's face it - who the hello kitty wants to sail 3 hours for a wood that is only marginally important (the ports on the other hand..)..

If idiots want to sail 3 hours for those two "blah" woods let them waste their time. 

24 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

If idiots want to sail 3 hours for those two "blah" woods let them waste their time. 

It's more the safezone that bugs me.. Why is there an area on the map where one faction can fish/do missions etc without any fear of a raider - again who wants to sail for 3 hours for the possibility that there may be someone out doing missions.. A freetown in the area would be a lot simpler..

3 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

It's more the safezone that bugs me.. Why is there an area on the map where one faction can fish/do missions etc without any fear of a raider - again who wants to sail for 3 hours for the possibility that there may be someone out doing missions.. A freetown in the area would be a lot simpler..

What's the point of a Freetown? No TP, no deliveries = no use

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

I really hope the people know that PVE to PVP converter is going to be disabled on live servers.

Is it? Well that is just crap.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

What's the point of a Freetown? No TP, no deliveries = no use

Its your base that cant be lost.

How is your question is relevant to the topic of woods?

Everyone please stay on topic - your feedback on new woods system important but it has to be on point so we dont waste time searching for it between discussion of marks and some other unrelated things like FT teleports. 

3 minutes ago, admin said:

Its your base that cant be lost.

Sorry but this is news for me. I was told and under the assumption that free towns could not have an outpost. Personally, rather have free towns just as a port where factions can trade and sell goods. Nothing more.

Now to keep this on subject this information could be important to collecting and storing woods and other resources vital to ship production. A safe place to trade for woods outside faction control as well. Either way though i am good.

1 minute ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Sorry but this is news for me. I was told and under the assumption that free towns could not have an outpost. Personally, rather have free towns just as a port where factions can trade and sell goods. Nothing more.

Now to keep this on subject this information could be important to collecting and storing woods and other resources vital to ship production. A safe place to trade for woods outside faction control as well. Either way though i am good.

you can build an outpost in a Freetown but you can't tp there. So as a storage and trading outpost it works.

Looking at the wood comparison doc Bermuda doesn't look that good anymore.

Just build a Fir Frame + Teak Planking ship.  The differences are minimal and not worth the trip to the Bermudas.

6 minutes ago, Stepp636 said:

Looking at the wood comparison doc Bermuda doesn't look that good anymore.

Just build a Fir Frame + Teak Planking ship.  The differences are minimal and not worth the trip to the Bermudas.

Just do fir on fir not teak. Only time you should use fir is on fast raid ships or trade ships and if you get caught with fir wood ship you are dead already. 

16 hours ago, admin said:

Constitution does require marks
Trincomalee no

I stand corrected...I either dreamed it or it changed...but Trincs right now...need no marks, cheers.

16 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Fishing shouldn't be possible around the safezones.

Personally, I'm for specialty woods being region specific.  With them not being harvested by crafters, as long as the smuggler stays in place, other factions can get the wood as well - just with a little bit longer sail.

Let's not bring the barter debate here please. I moved some posts here.

On 4.5.2017 at 2:37 PM, Anolytic said:

As long as smuggling is kept, this is a really, really good economy and crafting change I think. Everyone has access to the woods they need to build the ship configurations they want. All the other materials are produced, with accompanying shortages and exchange between producers, while the woods that we need to choose our ships strengths and weaknesses we can all have access to as long as we go where they are and bring them back.

Most importantly dedicated traders can turn a nice profit by bringing woods found far away back to their capital, or even to other nations' capitals.

Maybe we can remove or nerf the dedicated trade goods now? Woods will take the role and are all that we need. They will be used in high quantity by players, so demand will be naturally high as long as shipbuilding is made viable.

I don`t think this is going to be a real "breakthrough" in trading.Simply tbecause they are available everywhere now.Everyone can put one of those simpleminded contracts in nearest port and buy those woods.

I really don`t believe someone is going to sail from US east coast to Gustavia, to bring some White Oak :)

14 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

why not? confused here.

A voracious fish-eating Kraken has been implemented in the safe zones.

• Like 1

I wonder how much "fish meat" the kraken will supply when I killed him. ;P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bommel said:

I wonder how much "fish meat" the kraken will supply when I killed him. ;P

Tons of salt )

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Should i start prey for that?:P

If only it could trigger a salt water rain..

• Like 1

has anyone done a oak + crew space and a oak + oak planking ship to see if there is any difference?

13 hours ago, Barberouge said:

A voracious fish-eating Kraken has been implemented in the safe zones.

Explains why I don't catch fish any more near home.

Don't remember seeing that change being flagged in advance nor do I really see the point of the change but hey ho such is Naval Action Fishing

Edited by NavalActionPlayer

Fishing inside the Capital protected area been turned off for quite a while now.

Silly. Now I can't even fish at my favorite dock. These government regs are just getting rediculous.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Challenge said:

Silly. Now I can't even fish at my favorite dock. These government regs are just getting rediculous.

People used to AFK fish in the protected area, which defeat the purpose of having more people out in the OW. I guess we could repeal that silly government regulation if we remove that silly government enforced protection you get ;)

@admin   I built two Frigates over the past two days (May 8th and 9th, 2017) and here are the results:

Sabicu Frame w/Teak trim: Speed 10.3 +0.03, Hull: 1955 +224, Side: 3910 +136, Thick 60, Bow: 978 +29 T 36, Stern: 391 +11 T 24.

Live Oak Frame w/ White Oak trim: Spd 9.63 -0.77, H: 1955 +303, Si: 3910 +156, Thick 60, Bow: 978 +39 T 36, Stern: 391 +15 T 24

From this I sense that either the Woods are not currently correctly programmed, or there is NO bump in Thickness from Heavy Woods to Very Heavy Woods which is perplexing.  Why would I waste my time and money on the rare Very Heavy Woods for a very small armour increase (0.04 structure, 0.005 sides) at such a huge Speed penalty?  For now I do not know if I should keep Crafting Frigates to do further testing with other woods, or if I should just wait and re-craft the same exact Ships after the next patch is implemented.  Of course, I can't properly compare and report, as stats like "Leak Resistance", "Crew Damage Resistance" etc, are not visible to me as a Player.

I will also add, that there are many Players like me who do some Trading, some PvE, some PvP, some Conquest, some Crafting.  We play on the PvP Servers because we do some PvP, but that is not our sole focus.  Quite frankly, we are the ones who set up the economies because we are willing to take the time to collect and bring Resources into central points for others to then buy and sell.  For us, without some sort of "Trading Mark" to "PvP Mark" and/or "PvE Mark" to "PvP Mark" exchange system then we will either be marginalized Players, or forced to move to a PvE Server.  This will mean that Solely Player-based Economies WILL take MUCH longer to establish on a strictly PvP Server. Not having ALL aspects of the game in-play limits a players' options and may well force a splintering of the Player-base onto separate Servers.  Currently, the biggest flaw w/ the game is lack of players; so might be best to offer only one Server which features the FULL and COMPLETE game, and add a "PvP Challenge Lobby" tab for all who want to play PvP 100% of the time.

• Like 3