Game-Labs Forum

Early Access' most glaring issues based on the example of Naval Action

On 4/29/2017 at 9:33 AM, Custard said:

I have 40k plus battles in WOT, friendly it is not the ingame chat has vile stuff in it everytime I play even though you can only chat to same side now. The forums are a cesspit compared to NA it's like a meeting of the Women's Institute in here most of the time.

ftp in name only I have spent about £90 on it in 6 years I don't know anyone that has spent nothing on it.

£90????

Thats chump change!!! Don't even ask how much I spent on my Pz II J....

• Like 1

On 4/29/2017 at 7:26 AM, admin said:

NA is an open world MMO. The new game (so called arena) is going to be a separate game. We have not picked the name for the title (and pricing) yet. But its going to get into closed beta testing this year.

PS .. by the way did you see our comment above that it was not an attack but to attempt to bring another perspective on retention numbers ?

Mmmmmm.... will we be able to get into the beta? Or will that be exclusive?

I think sometimes people just forget that this is a business too, its not a hobby. At the end of the month people need to be payed, stuff needs to be payed. Its easier to just make some hard decisions now, and then just stick to it, will get stuff done more easily and faster instead of talking about it and changing it every other month.

Its like going on a trip and changing the destination all the time on the go, better just say this is where we want to go and just go for it. I'm not realy super fond of the destination, but I guess it'll be allright in the end.

• Like 1

This is not directed to anyone in particular.

I am bored by apologists for the Developers of any game. The Developers are not children. They are adults with 100% responsibility for themselves and their actions. Take responsibility Developers and do a good job. Thank-you.

We, the players and would-be testers, also have responsibility in this. But, how can you listen to 20,000 possible points of view? The Developers have to choose carefully 'a single, defined direction for the game', as one reviewer of the game wrote.

Edited by Lannes
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Captain Jean-Luc Picard said:

Just a reminder that dayz has just now entered beta, after being first available in EA in december 2013, and that steam takes a cut ( there is an NDA so there is no way to ever know how much they take ).

As for the costs of making a game, there is of course a laaarge variation between games, but this kotaku article from 2014, besides some basic explanation, has the advantage of providing some precise examples with sources, note that the cost shown might not be the development cost but the marketing one: http://kotaku.com/how-much-does-it-cost-to-make-a-big-video-game-1501413649

Note that sometimes old games get great mods from the fans, which also helps the games longevity.

Thanks, Captain Picard.

30 minutes ago, Lannes said:

This is not directed to anyone in particular.

I am bored by apologists for the Developers of any game. The Developers are not children. They are adults with 100% responsibility for themselves and their actions. Take responsibility Developers and do a good job. Thank-you.

Its just when you run a business you can't always follow your heart but sometimes need to have your business hat on and make some hard decisions. And I get that. I too hope the devs will do a remarkable job.

• Like 2