Game-Labs Forum
admin

Wipe patch to live servers slightly delayed.

1 hour ago, chippey said:

only have 80 hrs  on game cant wait to get stuck in but whats the point till wipe HURRY UP

its best not to be to pushy on the forums....possibly go to discord to vent?  

Little to no moderation and it gets pretty silly in there with conversations about all things NA.

• Like 1

@admin  Please add some AI war ships on the test bed.  Spent a couple of hours sailing around - all i could find were AI Trader Snows, 1 AI LGV and 2 AI fleets that had > 3x my BR.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Don't expect anything. I just play and when the wipe arrives it arrives 

Exactly what everyone should do. :)

Funny thing is I saw a Surprise, near Camp-du-Roy, going on course  as all the placid AI does and suddenly reversing the course and pointing towards somewhere else.

Was... a novelty. Not sure if intended or a quirk. Sadly wasn't recording.

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I see single AI warships all the time.  A good mix of trade and non-trade ships.   Last night I encountered and sank, 3 brigs, 1 navy brig, 2 Cerbs, 2 Rattlesnakes, 4 Snows, and a dozen trade ships.  

This was in a Frigate and a Trincomalee on the US coastline.

I know some are out there - but too few given the random distribution by region.  Also, the above you mention is small fry - where are the heavier solo/small AI fleets?

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

Oh I avoided the 2 4th rates and 5 5th rates fleets.  Or the once in a while 25ship SoL fleet.   

Right now the distribution is about right, it should be scaled up in frequency but the scale is about right.  

Some sea lanes seem busy as hell, others are pretty dead.

for the current player numerbs maybe, but you add in tons of more players than there isn't enough ships. We are haveing a hard time finding ships around Mort.  I basicly got down to sinking traders cause I can't find somthing.  Devs did say there was a problem with the 4th rates regions not spawning correctly ship wise too.  So that might be the issues folks are seeing.

7 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

To avoid future ship wipes before the release we have to delay the patch for 1-2 weeks. We want to get one more ship change in before the wipe. 

(There might be some money and resource resets in case new loopholes are found). 

That would mean, on or after Thursday the 27th April up to Thursday the 4th May. Would that be correct? Will this be the last delay?

8 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

To avoid future ship wipes before the release we have to delay the patch for 1-2 weeks. We want to get one more ship change in before the wipe. 

(There might be some money and resource resets in case new loopholes are found). 

Thanks for the heads-up. I trust everything is going well. 

Well I wasn't joking when I expected it by May, just hope we get it all on the testbed this week so we can get some good two weeks of testing in for it to go live.  A lot of use are really waiting to see how the crafting system is going to work as it's not currently in testbed.  If ya'll need to break it up on patches for the testbed until all of it on there.  That would keep most of us busy until every thing is ready to go live.

• Like 1

Good luck with the ship change! I do hope we get a population return in 2 weeks, let's hope everyone comes back and plays!

A bit dissapointed it is delayed, but not surprised.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, PowderMonkey said:

do hope we get a population return in 2 weeks, let's hope everyone comes back and plays!

I doubt players coming back while devs only invent "painfull" stuff.

• Like 1

As with any release date with a big patch for an unreleased game I just add on a month so I'm pleasantly surprised.