Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for testbed patch 9.99

Ink

1 minute ago, Remus said:

What are you complaining about? Buy that wine for 763 and sell it at Gustavia for 1625. For the couple of others I have checked, these are pretty good buy prices.

Ok, so it's rather a long sail to find a good port to sell in, but other ports - or pairs of ports - are better. You just have to find them

when u sell a few hundred it is done,  will then go to 1. Tested it on everything that had a good return 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fellvred said:

The issue was profit was too easy with trade goods, we had some ppl with 5mil+ after a few hours :)

omg 1 was me no1 attacking me no1 else doing it with 20 people on.  No shit i can make money that way. Put 100 people on server after 2 days all trader will quit

1 minute ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Scratching my head with a shed load of 1 value trading items now.

Better put the release back several months. More bugs than a tarts underwear draw.

Buster

'Playing' Naval Inaction Deathbed server.  

I'll buy them off you for 10. That's 900% mark up on shop prices :)

Of you could simply look at the Trader tool and see where to sell them. I bet they're not 1 everywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Remus said:

I'll buy them off you for 10. That's 900% mark up on shop prices :)

Of you could simply look at the Trader tool and see where to sell them. I bet they're not 1 everywhere.

why don't that ask the ones that are doing it,  Like me and I even told them how.  Notice they didn't say shit about it in update. Just omg Joba has to much money and so dose he how they do it....... Nerf it....  like 3 or 4 people on test server have millions like, not even a whole percent probably. You go to live server not a big deal, why to many doing it and to many sinking trying to do it.  We have no wolves here is why

2 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

why don't that ask the ones that are doing it,  Like me and I even told them how.  Notice they didn't say shit about it in update. Just omg Joba has to much money and so dose he how they do it....... Nerf it....  like 3 or 4 people on test server have millions like, not even a whole percent probably. You go to live server not a big deal, why to many doing it and to many sinking trying to do it.  We have no wolves here is why

To be honest, where I am steadily plying back and forth making my ... ok it's only a million in a couple of hours, so well behind your rate I'm sure ....I would be very surprised to see an enemy player on a Live server.

Quite honestly I don't understand why this game has Elite-style trading, but I've nothing in particular against it and I don't think it's any better or worse on Testbed than on Live. It's just pushed more into focus here as the other cash cow on Live - capturing traders - has been totally nerfed on Testbed. Pity combat isn't rewarded more though.

4 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Yes, I know :) Carry on.

:ph34r: 07

What get me is Ink said prices were not change 

5 hours ago, Ink said:

Prices were not affected. Perhaps players sold too many given resources and port stopped to buy more

This is not a lie for sure but only a 1/2 truth at best. 

33 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

:ph34r: 07

What get me is Ink said prices were not change 

This is not a lie for sure but only a 1/2 truth at best. 

They did not change the prices but maximum port buy quantities.

BTW still have ships that disappear when trading.  I keep loosing connies this way!

1 hour ago, JobaSet said:

All they did was fix something that was not broke, because you can game system on Test because no one is here to fight you.

12 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

They did not change the prices but maximum port buy quantities.

BTW still have ships that disappear when trading.  I keep loosing connies this way!

Yah I had a little talk with Ink about it.  He asked me how I made around 5 mill in 2-3 hours.  I did admit I stopped cause goods ran out in one of the ports I could buy.   I also reminded him any one smart would be hunting in that area for some one like me making that run if the server pop was more than 20-40 folks.  I did it again after the patch and make 1.5 million after a few runs.  You can still make money just can't keep doing it over and over.   This allow you to still get the cash to pay for your buildings and fighting.   I wondering how many of the folks pumping out a bunch of money is doing any crafting yet?   

• Like 1

Guys,

Calm down. This happens every time after an update.  The prices are always screwed up until the next file maintenance resets the prices back to normal.

I remember one item in port where you could buy it  then immediately sell it back for a profit. You could sit there for as long as your muscles held out clicking your mouse making money without leaving the port.  Buy sell buy sell .  Trade missions were for 50,000,000. instead of 500,000.  Once the file maintenance the next day everything was reset.

Devs do you update right before maintenance then you won't have this winning the lottery for every player. lol :D 

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yah I had a little talk with Ink about it.  He asked me how I made around 5 mill in 2-3 hours.  I did admit I stopped cause goods ran out in one of the ports I could buy.   I also reminded him any one smart would be hunting in that area for some one like me making that run if the server pop was more than 20-40 folks.  I did it again after the patch and make 1.5 million after a few runs.  You can still make money just can't keep doing it over and over.   This allow you to still get the cash to pay for your buildings and fighting.   I wondering how many of the folks pumping out a bunch of money is doing any crafting yet?   

This explains why my secret runs bled dry !!

I made 2.2million with one run (about a 120-150 mins sail). However, if I had been caught with my 3 trader ships in fleet it would have been 'GFC 2.0 for Jeheil Inc'. I was essentially a treasure fleet :)

The resources I were selling were finite and once I exhausted them they filled very slowly back at source. Like at best, I would be able to do 1 shipment a day (instead of 9 with my suicidal fleet).

So I suspect the fix is a little over the top tbh.

The other thing of note with this type of trading is, it needed 2.2 million cap. to make 2.2 million profit and was a long (and if it were a busy server) perilous sail, I had to sail through what most would consider the highest 'aggro' waters on the map.

I don't think high value trades should be nerfed. If you caught as player with 2.2 mill in cargo wouldn't that draw PvP onto the OW ??

We can't want people on OW and at the same time take away the honey !! Just make the resources finite and replenishment scale to server pop. 1000 players means Golden Underpants at Frenchytown increase by 50 units per day. 2,000 playes avg means 100 units per day etc.

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

OK quests works. How to generate hostility when there is just defensive missions?

Sinking AI ships of the right nation in the area under attack works fine. I generated 2% in Comayagua in an hour last night, just myself in a BP, playing very cautiously as I was (then) short of money and didn't want to risk losing the ship - or even having to repair it too much. A small group of players could very quickly build up the points I am sure.

Edited by Remus

4 hours ago, Jeheil said:

So I suspect the fix is a little over the top tbh.

and to @JobaSet

there was no fix. 
Maintenance on test bed is not done everyday. Prices based on demand supply update during maintenance.  
NPC demand is limited. When NPC buys enough resource they stop buying it updating a price to 1. 
If you have traded heavily between certain ports you have filled all the demand in those ports and thus you see the price of 1. You can try another port that still demand that trading resource and sell it there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, captain pips said:

i would like to test abit more,but i´m still stuck in the the mission battlesreen without crew since saturday.....

That was fixed - but if you are still stuck the only workaround is to delete char and start again on the testbed.