Game-Labs Forum

Preliminary patch 9.99 deployed to testbed server

Ink

Captains,

IMPORTANT : DONT DO MISSIONS ON THE TESTBED - THEY ARE BUGGED AND WILL GET YOU STUCK WITH NO OPTIONS TO EXIT

Prliminary patch notes are as follows:

1. Removal of current upgrade system and ship quality level
  2. Repairs changes
  3. Hold management in instances added, hold management for fleets is revamped.
  4. Preliminary crafting overhaul
  5. Admiralty store will be populated with more things to buy. Certain things will be removed from the admiralty
  6. Bot routs and npc fleet compositions improvements

The patch is unfinished thus expect lots of bugs, especially with hold management in instances. It will be fixed in the next week.

More explanation about changes provided here:

Please provide feedback on the patch only in this topic. no off topic

• Like 15

11 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Dear Ink. I dont know if you already did it but it would be reasonable to be level 40-50 to test the crafting changes.

Thanks.

If you had a character on testbed server before this patch you must have max craft level as well. New players will be provided with crafting experience in the next week.

• Like 3

I just finished a battle and i am sure i had over 80% on every side. But in the battle resultscreen my side hp is down 0%: Seems I got the status of teh ship I sunk.

Report Nr NAB-60940....

Report by testserver captain Z4ys

Edited by z4ys

kkfYqfV.jpg

would be handy to have percent instead of HP how should I know how much HP i need without checking my side HP and doing math :D

Better would be" Repair 80% of hull for 15 kits" or something like that

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

yea everything is pve only. Logging off

guess its because the testserver was so low on population how would you earn pvp marks? ;-) only pve makes sense for testserver

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

guess its because the testserver was so low on population how would you earn pvp marks? ;-) only pve makes sense for testserver

nope got clan mates on US I can attack. Can't telliport(any more) so making my way to EC of US while i play something else

Edited by JobaSet

Some observations on crafting, so far. I dare say the devs know about these and it's more information for other players:

1. Free Ship blueprints per crafting XP level appear to be the same as Live, so presumably there are still BP drops from crafting ships in this build
  2. Ship quality levels are removed. Ship trims require the same resources as a quality level 5 (gold) ship on Live
  3. Coins are craftable and also on sale in the Admiralty shop. Crafting notes are also craftable, but I cannot see a use for either coins or notes.
  4. The Cutter and TCutter blueprint labour hours are too high in relation to both what the ships are and the XP reward (unchanged from last Testbed build)
  5. So far it looks like resources are not seeded in shops (but I did find Copper Ore being seeded in one port the last Testbed build - I'll go and take a look if it still is). Edit: There were 60 mahogany logs on sale in Carlisle (there aren't now :)) - so it's not toally barren
  6. Buildings provide very different quantities of resources from Live (I cannot remember if they are the same as last Testbed build or not), but costs appear to be the same
  7. There are no craftable upgrades
  8. Craftable repairs are easy to make (Medkit: 8 Food Supplies, 3 Rum, 3 Tobacco, 1 LH; Hull Repairs: 5 Planks, 4 Iron Ingots, 1 LH; Rig Repairs:3 Canvas Rolls, 1 Pine Log, 1 LH) - but I don't yet know what each does
  9. Other recipes I've not mentioned appear the same as Live, but I've only made curosry checks.
Edited by Remus

Just now, z4ys said:

did you redeem them? I had them still as this patch got live

I think I had four redeemables and I redeemed one. Pretty sure I'd been staring at 3 redeemables at the top of the screen for the past few eeeks.

8 minutes ago, Sven Silberbart said:

Ive sunk a privateer and has been sunk by a lynx in the same battle.

Earned 80XP. Mouse Over on "Ship Knowledge"-Slots tells me i have 0/50 XP at Basic Cutter.

I expected to have the first slot opened?

bet its sailing not combat I let you know when i get to east coast in a hour or so