Game-Labs Forum

Someone has entered to my profile and has changed my avatar

This could mean that someone learned to crack Forum passwords. If it's true God help us all. Unless your pass was 123456:). I would suggest everyone to do a quick pass refresh as precaution. 

Edited by Ned Loe

4 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

This could mean that someone learned to crack Forum passwords. If it's true God help us all. Unless your pass was 123456:). I would suggest everyone to do a quick pass refresh as precaution. 

Yes Ned, of course its true,

My old password was composed with numbers and letters (8 digits) 

7 minutes ago, neogiuliani said:

Yes Ned, of course its true,

My old password was composed with numbers and letters (8 digits) 

Then this should be a very strong sign to Devs. Back in the days Potbs was infiltrated this way, they stole passwords and just waited for the right moment to do the damage. Some people used same passwords to log in in the game and their accounts got stolen. In our case we can have Steam accounts in Danger. 

Just saying. You won't believe how easy it is to steal user passwords these days.

Edited by Ned Loe

9 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

Don't blow this out of proportions. If this was the case whoever did it probably wouldn't prove his success by randomly changing the profile picture of a player with 57 comments. 
Though a password refresh is good advice to perform every once in a while in any case.

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Don't blow this out of proportions. If this was the case whoever did it probably wouldn't prove his success by randomly changing the profile picture of a player with 57 comments. 
Though a password refresh is good advice to perform every once in a while in any case.

You never know, better be safe than sorry. 

37 minutes ago, Ned Loe said:

You never know, better be safe than sorry. 

Well lets be honest here, if someone really stole everyone's password, why would they out themselves through something like this? I doubt that there has been a site wide infiltration, i suspect the password was sourced somehow else.

edit: with that said, it does not hurt to regularly change passwords and to have unique passwords for every site, password managers like lastpass are great for things like this.

• Like 1