Game-Labs Forum
Charles Caldwell

Change in-game name ?

My in-game name is 'office' which was picked up from my email address - how can I change it? 

I don't think it's a very good name, I'd rather something a bit more heroic

any ideas?

As of right now you can't. You'll just have to wait :P I think it's a lovely name.

Mouse, they don't have the code in place to change names at the moment.  Admin indicated that when they do character creation code you'll be able to change the name you're operating under in game.

They are joking

Don't worry current names are irrelevant. Character creation will be changed and your will set up your name properly in game. Not during login.

Did a search and could not find if you can change your ingame name?

Seems it took my steam name as a default unless I missed it during the install.

Is it possible to change it?

Topic is covered in FAQ. Currently you cannot change your name in game, however the ability to choose a new name will be granted at a later date. Topic is locked.

Before my name was Captain Jack Sparrow and now my name is Captain Jack Aubrey, and I can not change it unfortunately.

Hello I have a few questions about login / character creation since I haven't seen any youtube videos on this yet.

Are forum usernames the same as ingame usernames? And can you change ingame username after you already made one?

Going to buy the game soon.

Thanks!

Hello I have a few questions about login / character creation since I haven't seen any youtube videos on this yet.

Are forum usernames the same as ingame usernames? And can you change ingame username after you already made one?

Going to buy the game soon.

Thanks!

Forum names are unrelated to in game names.

When you first log into the game it will prompt you for a name - choose wisely, this name can currently not be changed in the alpha testing.

Hope it helps.

Forum names are unrelated to in game names.

When you first log into the game it will prompt you for a name - choose wisely, this name can currently not be changed in the alpha testing.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. Now the big decision for me is the choice between a personal in game name as opposed to a famous historical naval figure name (I've seen lots of those in game watching youtube vids).

Thanks. Now the big decesion for me is the choice between a personal in game name as opposed to a famous historical naval figure name (I've seen lots of those in game watching youtube vids).

Forge your own legacy my friend. Historical names you see in some Youtube videos may be AI, they are named Blood, Benito de Soto etc etc just FYI.

Forge your own legacy my friend. Historical names you see in some Youtube videos may be AI, they are named Blood, Benito de Soto etc etc just FYI.

No the ones i've seen are real players, I've looked them up on the forums.

E.g Edward Pellew, Edward Harvey etc.

Hi

I still have very few battles on my account, Eta Carinea, when i first blogged in i did nt realise that the game took my steam Name and used that. yesterday I tried to chnage my Steam name yesterday but this did not work so does a way exist to change my in game name even if that means a loss of current xp. If not ill it be possible when everything gets wiped i do fully appreciate this is not a big issue so dont worry if this is not easily achieved .

Regards     

Unfortunately, there isn't any functionality designed yet to change your name after initial account creation.  Admin has indicated that this will be possible in the future when the times comes for them to work on character creation features.  So for now, you're stuck with it, but once the devs get to Character Creation, you'll be able to change it to something you like better.

• Like 1