Game-Labs Forum

USS Constitution to Float Again

Fluffy Fishy

For those who may have missed it, it was announced yesterday that the USS constitution is to become the oldest floating warship again, replacing the temporary title holder HMS Trincomalee (the same one in the game). This follows a large repair and restoration job replacing and resealing the planking. She is due to be relaunched back into Boston harbour towards the end of July.

Full article and some pictures here:
https://www.navytimes.com/articles/navy-showcasing-repairs-to-historic-warship-old-ironsides

Edited by Fluffy Fishy
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Chijohnaok said:

I don't foresee here moving very far from Boston Harbor.

At least she's likely to go out into the harbour. Trincomalee looks set never to leave her cosy dock.

6 hours ago, Remus said:

At least she's likely to go out into the harbour. Trincomalee looks set never to leave her cosy dock.

I remember reading something not too long ago that the Hartleypool museum were considering setting up a system to commission sailing her for a negotiable price of around £20,000 a day. I don't think it went any further than that though, it was a proposed plan to help raise a bit more money towards her restoration, something she has nothing like the budget for when compared to Constitution.

Edited by Fluffy Fishy