Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming changes in the next testbed patch

I feel skill XP (and regular XP) should be given for capturing ships. I'm using the basic cutter, for example, to battle & capture trader brigs. So as I am learning how to use the ship, skill XP should be given. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jeheil said:

So any clues as to what the new buildings are/do

I built both the shipyard and workshop on my alt I plan to test the crafting with and niether took the resources it ask for so I think they are kinda half done place holders.  I'm going to bet the workshop will be needed to turn any of the resources into a crafted materials.  If it's for every thing that is going to suck cause I like to combine resources to make mats easier to move from port to port.   Other wise they might be just for the cannons maybe, but I can't see them for just one or two items.

58 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I feel skill XP (and regular XP) should be given for capturing ships. I'm using the basic cutter, for example, to battle & capture trader brigs. So as I am learning how to use the ship, skill XP should be given. 

I still don't get why we don't get xp if anything.  I work just as hard to capture a ship  as some one sinks a ship I should still get xp reward. I'm fine with not getting credits or hell even marks, cause a player capture ship should make up for that, but right now we get nothing.  We dont' even get enough cargo on the AI to support the fight.  Last night I got 141 food supplises on an LVG.   That wasn't even enough to support the cost of my lost crew.  That and it takes for ever to make the repiars (16 at a time) a casual player will be doing nothing but trying to keep afloat with the cost of crew and repairs he won't be able to afford production either and make any money off that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Agreed,

I understand the logic behind limiting gold reward, to fight inflation and promote trading in a player made economy, but I see no reason to not allow XP for entry ranks.

I recall the devs saying once the vast majority of players don't even reach the brig before quitting. I'm afraid making levelling harder for them won't help keeping them in game.

It should seriously be considered to give XP for damage dealt, even if sunk, at least the first few ranks (up to brig/snow level for exemple), so new players still somehow progress while learning the ropes. 

Edited by Serk
  • Like 5

On 18/4/2017 at 11:03 AM, Duncan McFail said:

What the hell is this nonsense?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/155780863638496558/9F998531AFFDBD1B2561644713C650092B383539/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/155780863638498582/F04B3251BE65847A448747B27EBCE958AAD5FEA7/

This tells me I have to unlock 4 slots on each ship below the ship I want to use before I can use it effectively. Please tell me this isn't the way way it's suppose to be before I blow a fuse.

It seems we can rename the new patch something like the "grindageddon patch" or "the big patch of the countless timesinks". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, victor said:

It seems we can rename the new patch something like the "grindageddon patch" or "the big patch of the countless timesinks". 

Its been adjusted.  The knowledge tree isn't going to extend below frigates.  But we will still need to excel in the Endy/Tricom path if you want an elite Connie.

On 18/04/2017 at 2:55 PM, Wraith said:

No, I'm getting it. But I'm just not convinced that we all need to be sailing full, 5 slot unlocked ships all the time, let alone 3 slot unlocked ships.  I'm reserving the right to change my mind, of course, but for now I think it makes sense to level the playing field somewhat between vets and new players with regards to the ships they're sailing. By restricting the number of slots you're actually increasing the value of the mods you choose. And it greatly increases the range of value placed across capping ships of varying qualities.

It also encourages people to get back into other, lower class ships, after they rank up quickly to increase their crew. There's now motivation for the completionists to go back and sail those 7th and 6th rates again, and for those of us that like spending time in a ship of a certain class then we'll do what it takes to make that class work.  I for one greatly appreciate that there will likely be something to work towards, even after achieving max rank.

I remember french using first rate with no gold upgrade on pvpeu1. we were crushed by everyone all the time and we didn't understand why. Then some ennemy told us they were using gold on all their ship (probably help by the fact they may duplicate it). So we change and use gold upgrade on our first rate and then the circle of defeat stop and we start winning 1th rate pb.

The upgrade were nerfed on live serv to not make them too powerfull when new comer come and didn't get the rare one. On testbed, the % of the knowledege are insame. Adding a +10% reload +5% accuracy on a ship when your opponent can't because he miss 2 slots is important.

In a 25v25 PB it mya change the things for all the pb...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

I remember french using first rate with no gold upgrade on pvpeu1. we were crushed by everyone all the time and we didn't understand why. Then some ennemy told us they were using gold on all their ship (probably help by the fact they may duplicate it). So we change and use gold upgrade on our first rate and then the circle of defeat stop and we start winning 1th rate pb.

The upgrade were nerfed on live serv to not make them too powerfull when new comer come and didn't get the rare one. On testbed, the % of the knowledege are insame. Adding a +10% reload +5% accuracy on a ship when your opponent can't because he miss 2 slots is important.

In a 25v25 PB it mya change the things for all the pb...

So you started using gold upgrades in PB's because you had them in abundance or you learned to duplicate aswell?

Seems to me that the costs of cannon and crew a bit too high on TB server.  Even winning your fights - you still end losing a ton of cash in re-crew and repairs.  The fact that you can't sell captured ships or canons is overly punitive.

11 minutes ago, Taranis said:

Seems to me that the costs of cannon and crew a bit too high on TB server.  Even winning your fights - you still end losing a ton of cash in re-crew and repairs.  The fact that you can't sell captured ships or canons is overly punitive.

War is expensive? Hopefully there will be enough dedicated econ'rs making money for their clans.

22 minutes ago, AfkSailor said:

War is expensive? Hopefully there will be enough dedicated econ'rs making money for their clans.

Winning your battles should at least offer a steady state / balance - otherwise it will dishearten players.

Also, grinding gold for the sake of grinding gold and getting ganked is not something that will retain players for long.  I mean I am guessing that there are only so many masochists out there.

• Like 1

As testers perhaps people ahould think about the alternatives in place first?

It seems pretty clear to me that crafting repairs and crew replacement might really benefit the recrew, repair options offered by the shop.  I see none of that stuff sold by players on testbed.  The high cost might be incentives for player economy options especially since mod crafted items are gone.

Let's get some real numbers on cost from there before whining about cost of only one aspect of the game.

1 minute ago, Dharus said:

As testers perhaps people ahould think about the alternatives in place first?

It seems pretty clear to me that crafting repairs and crew replacement might really benefit the recrew, repair options offered by the shop.  I see none of that stuff sold by players on testbed.  The high cost might be incentives for player economy options especially since mod crafted items are gone.

Let's get some real numbers on cost from there before whining about cost of only one aspect of the game.

I challenge you to think how to do one medkit in the testbed server. Maybe you are going to realize of some things.

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

I challenge you to think how to do one medkit in the testbed server. Maybe you are going to realize of some things.

Then fix that first?  Why is it hard for rational, progressive analysis of problems than knee jerking complaints.

Edited by Dharus

On 19/04/2017 at 6:21 PM, Hodo said:

He was never given the newest ship.  That is the point.  He was probably England's greatest admiral and naval tactician during that time.  He was assigned to ships as needed and available.

Vice-Admiral Nelson hoisted his flag in Victory on 18 May 1803, with Samuel Sutton as his flag captain. Thus, Nelson was not the Captain, the 'Victory' was his flagship and under his command only because she was part of his squadron. Captain Sutton was in command of his ship.

A modern instance of the difference between being an Admiral commanding and a Captain's command, was the 'Bismarck' in its encounter with the 'Hood' and 'Prince of Wales'. When Admiral Lutjens was hesitating to order the division made up of 'Bismarck' and 'Prinz Eugen' to open fire, Captain Lindemann took command and ordered 'Bismarck's gunnery officer to open fire, because he did not want 'to have his ship shot from under him', as it was reported he said.

8 hours ago, Cabral said:

So you started using gold upgrades in PB's because you had them in abundance or you learned to duplicate aswell?

because we began to buy mgn for 300k on la navasse in continue and spend more than 650 million in mgn

2 hours ago, Dharus said:

They cannot actually be sold till devs sort ouut the sell contract drop downs.

because we began to buy mgn for 300k on la navasse in continue and spend more than 650 million in mgn

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Gather sugar and Tobacco and make some?

Whats the problem?

2 hours ago, Fenris said:

Gather sugar and Tobacco and make some?

Whats the problem?

1. Find the nearest ports which produce tobacco and rum.  Have you seen the map with the ressource distribution? Time sink.

2. Build an outpost. Well, two outposts. I assume you dont have any issue removing 2 outposts for some tobacco and rum.

3. Build the respective building. Money sink.

4. Wait until its refilled and gather it. Time and Money sink.

5. Delivery all the goods to one port in which you have outpost and finally craft it. Time sink.

No problem mate.

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

1. Find the nearest ports which produce tobacco and rum.  Have you seen the map with the ressource distribution? Time sink.

2. Build an outpost. Well, two outposts. I assume you dont have any issue removing 2 outposts for some tobacco and rum.

3. Build the respective building. Money sink.

4. Wait until its refilled and gather it. Money sink.

5. Delivery all the goods to one port in which you have outpost and finally craft it. Time sink.

No problem mate.

I think we can only craft rum and for rum you must first get wood for barrels then u can craft them. Next thing you need sugar,  then u can craft rum. You must collect fishmeat and salt for foodsupplise

So you need tobacco u need rum and foodsupplise. Two thinks must be craftet first and you must get all ressources together. Its more than only sugar and tobacco.

Sry Fenris, Interpido is here right. But if you only sail a Ship around 300 crew. Like the Frigatte 280 crew. You can restore your crew on the ship in the habor without investigate some money/gold. 

And i got a question about free crew how high is the limit for a RA i was thinking its 340 but on tb it looks like it is 310.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ville de Klabauter said:

I think we can only craft rum and for rum you must first get wood for barrels then u can craft them. Next thing you need sugar,  then u can craft rum. You must collect fishmeat and salt for foodsupplise

So you need tobacco u need rum and foodsupplise. Two thinks must be craftet first and you must get all ressources together. Its more than only sugar and tobacco.

Sry Fenris, Interpido is here right. But if you only sail a Ship around 300 crew. Like the Frigatte 280 crew. You can restore your crew on the ship in the habor without investigate some money/gold. 

And i got a question about free crew how high is the limit for a RA i was thinking its 340 but on tb it looks like it is 310.

Yeah I forgot that to made rum you need sugar and barrels. Thanks, this proves even more my point.

PS: I didnt take into account fish and salt because with all the sailing you should get more than enough. However it is true that you have to deliver too the food supplyes to the crafting point.

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Yeah I forgot that to made rum you need sugar and barrels. Thanks, this proves even more my point.

PS: I didnt take into account fish and salt because with all the sailing you should get more than enough. However it is true that you have to deliver too the food supplyes to the crafting point.

I'm not sure you would get enough fish and salt from sailing. Each medkit needs 16 fish and 4 salt.

Anyone know how many sugar and tobacco the buildings make a day?