Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming changes in the next testbed patch

14 minutes ago, Captain Bonny said:

Was there a date? Where did you see that?

Is there a delay? Where did you see that?

If u follow the tread to the beginning:

admin posted on the 5th april " First test bed patch (estimated time to deliver end of next week) "

thats this week!

Edited by AxIslander

4 minutes ago, AxIslander said:

If u follow the tread to the beginning:

admin posted on the 5th april " First test bed patch (estimated time to deliver end of next week) "

thats second week this week!

The 5th of April was on a Wednesday, "end of next week" would be today or this weekend. My question was actually about the " there be a third delay" part.

All changes are scheduled for the first half of this year. I don't see anything about a delay. We are still in the first half of this year. You are confusing me.

@admin I know you say its okay that open world sandbox game is a bit inbalanced, but can we get a small nerf to the Agamemnon? Its such an abnoxious ship for 4th rate PBs, it has too much HP or too much thickness. You can drive into the whole enemy fleet and survive it....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

@admin I know you say its okay that open world sandbox game is a bit inbalanced, but can we get a small nerf to the Agamemnon? Its such an abnoxious ship for 4th rate PBs, it has too much HP or too much thickness. You can drive into the whole enemy fleet and survive it....

With new damage system, not anymore :)

46 minutes ago, furyGer said:

looks like we must wait

no they are just saying they can't put what is on testbed on normal server but it don't answer when testbed will be wipe and new stuff been add on it. Each testbed time is a wipe on testbed so the problem of ship compatibility is not in regard of testbed but in regard of transfering tools from testbed to mainserver.

So back on the question, when can we have an update on testbed? As GM i need teaser to make my crew come back pzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

With new damage system, not anymore :)

How does the structure system change anything regarding the power of the Agamemnon compared to other 4th rates? Or what do you mean?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

How does the structure system change anything regarding the power of the Agamemnon compared to other 4th rates? Or what do you mean?

Obviously if they don't change the numbers the differences between the 4th rates will just stay the same. But with the structure it might be possible to sink agga's by stern raking them as that reduces the structural integrity of the ship. Haven't realy done allot of stern raking on the latest patch, so I don't know if they tweaked it (which I think they did).

3 hours ago, The Spud said:

Obviously if they don't change the numbers the differences between the 4th rates will just stay the same. But with the structure it might be possible to sink agga's by stern raking them as that reduces the structural integrity of the ship. Haven't realy done allot of stern raking on the latest patch, so I don't know if they tweaked it (which I think they did).

We haven't seen the full changes yet and folks need to remember the three meta's won't be able to be crafted by every one at start.   So we will see a lot of other ships instead.  I think we should wait and see how things or before we got asking for any nerf or buffs.   It's actually going to be nice the first week or so cause every one won't be in the top best ships cause we be gathering mats and crafting ships and getting the Marks for the BP's we need.  So some of the first port battles is going to be a mix of ships and maybe not so boring as having all one type of ship and builds.

@admin Going to ask this every freaking day until some one gets an answer.  Is testbed going to be patch this week or we going have to wait another week?  As now we are at the end of the week and folks have been waiting on this.   An answer/update would be nice.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed moderated content.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We haven't seen the full changes yet and folks need to remember the three meta's won't be able to be crafted by every one at start.   So we will see a lot of other ships instead.  I think we should wait and see how things or before we got asking for any nerf or buffs.   It's actually going to be nice the first week or so cause every one won't be in the top best ships cause we be gathering mats and crafting ships and getting the Marks for the BP's we need.  So some of the first port battles is going to be a mix of ships and maybe not so boring as having all one type of ship and builds.

When everybody had everything and tons of money, a big part of the fun leaves the game. If there's nothing in the game you are wanting for, then a big part of the fun is gone.

With everybody having to watch his wallet, and investing all he has in outposts etc. again. RvR will be played differently. Losses will hurt at the beginning, and the race to get the best ships first will be allot of fun I think. There'll be no endless supplies of 1st rates etc.

I'm prety excited for the wipe actualy.

I still hope for forced mixed PB fleets, I would just want to try that. Maybe it would be ideal to test it on the live server while we still can.

• Like 8

First of - i tested the testbed server and i'm really looking forward to the wipe, thank you Gamelabs! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------

But, please dear Developer, leave small battles in the game.

There is a good part of us that love both worlds, and i think its a too good concept to be scrapped.
I just like to point out that worlds biggest game development (GTA5) is open world mixed with lobby based content.

It is my belief that lobby based content is bringing Gamelabs MORE players on the open world.
I do think, by splitting the content, you would have LESS movements on open world, due to some players leaving to the other game for good.

NA - i do love this and really care about it; honestly believing that would not be a good decision.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

I tested the changes, made to the game in testbed and enjoyed most of it. Let me explain:

• ·         Traders
    Threw myself straight into fighting a trader! The fight was as before: kill sails, damage one side, kill crew, board. Not too complicated, and that’s nice, giving the grind that is in front of us. Did not get rich from its cargo J.  Giving that I did not have the fleet perk was unable to get the capped ship. So fleet ship perk it’s a must!

• ·         Missions
    Got stuck, at the end of battle screen, with no place to go. And so I had to start over.  No problem!

• ·         Open World PVE
    Fought a Cerberus and sunk it. The fight was ok, got PVE Marks.

• ·         Trading
    At this point I had to change the ship and got a message that I had no repairs or medkits. I did have plenty, just in the wrong place.
    My suggestion for this is to let us teleport this like we did with the ship upgrades.
    So the trade was strait forward, crafted my own goods sailed them for a bit and sold them at a small profit. The FT deliveries, still in place.

• ·         Open World PVP
    Was unable to find another player to fight with. 

• ·         Crafting
    Haven’t had the time yet.

In summary, great stuff! Looking forward to the mission bug fix and the deployment on the live servers. Good Jobb!

Edited by AxIslander

I like very much the new direction the game is going.

In test bed, the FPS limiter don't work. I need to limit the FPS in OW for save energy and the noise of my PSU fan.

Fore and aft ships agains the wind are imposible to sail. They don't sail backwards when depower and turn the sail.

8 minutes ago, Honourable Bluetooth said:

I suggest that players try the Testbed without using the redeemable.

Testing with a million quid is not testing.

I think the main purpose of the testbed is to test the new mechanics / reworks, such as structure, and finding bugs/glitches and report those. having to start over again with a basic cutter won't help.
Also, testing an economy (100% player driven economy) with a peak of 50 players on the testebd won't work.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Liquicity said:

I think the main purpose of the testbed is to test the new mechanics / reworks, such as structure, and finding bugs/glitches and report those. having to start over again with a basic cutter won't help.
Also, testing an economy (100% player driven economy) with a peak of 50 players on the testebd won't work.

Of course but the combat, the marks, traders caps, progression, 1 dura ships and money making can all be tested from no rank cutter starts. The econ on the test bed is not being tested anyway.

I would really like to have a conversion from PvP to PvE marks, as it is now, one have to do really large amount of PvE to get all the stuff.
And doing a full day worth of PvE to reset the perks ONCE to change from carros to longs is a little bit over the top. ;)

Other then that, combat has become much more interesting, also the AI seems to be a tad smarter!

BTW:
I have the feeling the sailing mechanic in tacking has been altered, feels a bit off (turning the ship with 0 speed, no backward speed, at least with the poule).
Anybody noticed this change besides me?

Edited by sveno
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sveno said:

I would really like to have a conversion from PvP to PvE marks, as it is now, one have to do really large amount of PvE to get all the stuff.
And doing a full day worth of PvE to reset the perks ONCE to change from carros to longs is a little bit over the top. ;)

Other then that, combat has become much more interesting, also the AI seems to be a tad smarter!

BTW:
I have the feeling the sailing mechanic in tacking has been altered, feels a bit off (turning the ship with 0 speed, no backward speed, at least with the poule).

I assume there is a bug when against wind your speed is 0 and not negative.

7 minutes ago, sveno said:

BTW:

Well i have a serious issue with PvE marks too.

I hope there will be some kind of market for it, because just like you said, cant spend whole day farming marks by killing bots.

For those who may say" go PvP", how are we supposed to PvP with 1 Dura ships, if the market does not give enough, or if its VERY HARD to gain materials and ressources.?

In my opinion those PvE marks take a way too much space in the testbed version, it may be too late, but it definitely needs buffing.

Example: For a Bellona Note you need 500 TRADING MANIFEST, that makes 5000!!!!!!!! PVE Marks.

Go figure.

NOT GOOD.

Edited by Fenris

IMHO
PvP is easy now on the testbed server - you get your favorite ship from the shop - its about perfect ship, you keep your mods and perks.
Im not worrying about replenishing my PvP ships in the range i like to fight (4/5 rates), setup time of a new ship is really shorter then before.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, sveno said:

IMHO
PvP is easy now on the testbed server - you get your favorite ship from the shop - its about perfect ship, you keep your mods and perks.
Im not worrying about replenishing my PvP ships in the range i like to fight (4/5 rates), setup time of a new ship is really shorter then before.

That depends how many players are online.

I guess when the update is on, all ships from market will disappear, and redeemables you can use as others, ONLY ONCE,if you have a bad day.. IF the materials and resources production does not go up, each nation will have a problem, or well, the players.Because who wants to fight with ships which are rare ?

Remember FINE WOODS?

Human nature homes :)

• Like 1

Put the PvE-Marks away. 

They will destroy the game.

Sorry, too all hardcore pvp-players.

Think about the worst case. When your nation loses there Ports for gold what you can buy with a big amount of time in the admirality shop for Pve marks. Or you try to get on the unsafe way and do Pvp. And lose a lot of money and ships. 

What will you prefer. 

A o forgothen you can try to trade the ressources. But oh wait we must sail houres for the stuff.

So i think the way it is on the testbed is good.

3 hours ago, Ville de Klabauter said:

Or you try to get on the unsafe way and do Pvp. And lose a lot of money and ships. 

Not if done properly :o)

What the hell is this nonsense?

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/155780863638496558/9F998531AFFDBD1B2561644713C650092B383539/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/155780863638498582/F04B3251BE65847A448747B27EBCE958AAD5FEA7/

This tells me I have to unlock 4 slots on each ship below the ship I want to use before I can use it effectively. Please tell me this isn't the way way it's suppose to be before I blow a fuse.

• Like 2

and don't forget after the Essex you will have to unlock something else and so on.  So basically what I think this is going to make us do is we will have to play every dang ship to unlock one ship fully.  So I can't specialize in one ship. I have to play them all.  That defeats the whole purpose of being able to specialize certain ships that you play the most.