Game-Labs Forum

Where will key resources be located after the map wipe?

NavalActionPlayer

Question

0 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Its true.  I already saw the Danes logging off in front of Savannah.....    

PB timer is already on testbed i think
if you log off at sea you cannot enter PB for 30 mins

• Like 6

2 hours ago, admin said:

most resources will remain in their place
bermuda cedar will remain in bermuda

Whats about PvE-Server? When smugglerflagg is removed and ports cant be conquer, what possibility will players of little nations like sweden denmark or dutch have to get Ressources like live oak, mahogany log metals etc?

18 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

8 factions (dont forget pirates).

2 ports of live oak in the same area.

No port production of resources. 

No alliances.

Maybe smugglers switched off.

Werent about 50% of the community satisfied with alliances gone? Lets see how happy they are going to be now.

So people will be required to use alts (or purchase another copy of NA) in other nations in order to get the Live Oak that their main character cannot obtain without owning one of the two Live Oak regions.

Sounds like a win for those selling Naval Action accounts. ;-)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, admin said:

PB timer is already on testbed i think
if you log off at sea you cannot enter PB for 30 mins

Is the 30 min PB timer still in the middle of the screen? If so please relocate it to the side, so we don't have to look at it for the whole 30 min.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liquicity said:

so two live oak ports for 7 nations without alliances?

whispers, "Pirates are a nation too."

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

8 factions (dont forget pirates).

2 ports of live oak in the same area.

No port production of resources. 

No alliances.

Maybe smugglers switched off.

Werent about 50% of the community satisfied with alliances gone? Lets see how happy they are going to be now.

I know we butt heads on topics but thanks for not forgetting Pirates are a Nation too, bastards of a nation, but still one.   I believe the smuggler flag is going to return, but it's going to be in it's old form where any one can attack you cause devs mention something about it in the PvE zone stuff that it's the only way you can get attack in the PvE zone area is with the smuggler flag on and it creates a pirate FFA style battle.

1 hour ago, Chijohnaok said:

So people will be required to use alts (or purchase another copy of NA) in other nations in order to get the Live Oak that their main character cannot obtain without owning one of the two Live Oak regions.

Sounds like a win for those selling Naval Action accounts. ;-)

I really think ya'll are not giving the PvE(not the PvE server guys)/care-bears/traders players that play on the PvP servers and aren't all into the PvP and RvR stuff enough credit. They make up the majority of the player base after all and while they can still fill the spots of the main PvP/RvR players they are apart of the game too.   They are the back bone of the crafting and econ system.  You give them a means to make money, they will.  I will bet you folks will craft rare goods, smuggle them to ports and sale them.  You will get folks that will be putting up buy orders in free towns to get filled.  Cause remember all you have to do is get it to a free town and than you can ship those goods any where.  

Now one thing that would really really really hep this if the trader missions was actually based off buy contracts in local ports in that region or area of the map and not just some random missions.  This will help stimulate the economy if I know say you have a buy contract in a port close by for 500 silver. I'm over here with a silver mine and I got 5000 I'm not doing crap with.  So I haul 500 over to that freetown and drop it off and fill your contract.  I get a little crafting and rank xp from the trip and you get your contract filled.

2 hours ago, admin said:

so 2 live oak ports...8 nations...no alliances.  Cmon, @admin, does this sound like a good idea?    

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quercus_virginiana    - live oak distribution for reference.  I can physically walk across the street and harvest my own southern live oak easier than it would be to harvest virtually.  

• Like 6

That (a lack of changes in resources enplacement) sounds like another reason to join big "zerg" nations for average player - hurt so much smaller ones. Becasue "zerg" will get specific ports sooner or later anyway.

Edited by Bart Smith

No alliances and no smuggler flag and only 2 live oak ports both at the same location - small nations have no meaning anymore and even the second big nation will struggle to RvR considering the strength of Live Oak in comparison to even Mahogany...

Seriously there needs to either be more ways or locations to obtain these resources - I don't necessarily mind making 30mins trips all the time (although for a crafter this is seriously taking loads of time already) but this will completely kill balance and even entire nations not even to mention the clanless/small guys.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paulchen said:

Whats about PvE-Server? When smugglerflagg is removed and ports cant be conquer, what possibility will players of little nations like sweden denmark or dutch have to get Ressources like live oak, mahogany log metals etc?

PvE server is pretty straightforward, I think. Live Oak is controlled by Spain and US with a handy free town in between.

Spanish and US players looking to make a bit of money can farm live oak and sell it in St Marys. Players from other nations can go to St Marys and buy it.

However this might not work so well on the PvP servers. For a start, US will almost certainly conquer New Smyrna so they control both ports. Quite likely they will lose them, but the real point is whoever farms live oak and sells it in St Marys has their name displayed for anyone to see, and selling live oak in a free town may well be regarded as treachery. Have you read the Bounties thread?

4 hours ago, admin said:

just in case you missed this heavily supported suggestion 

A majority of people would like to see wood more spread out! Here is a map of where live oak typically grows Quercus_virginiana_range_map_1.png

Maybe we could make the gulf useful for once?

Edited by Aventador
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

No alliances and no smuggler flag and only 2 live oak ports both at the same location - small nations have no meaning anymore and even the second big nation will struggle to RvR considering the strength of Live Oak in comparison to even Mahogany...

Seriously there needs to either be more ways or locations to obtain these resources - I don't necessarily mind making 30mins trips all the time (although for a crafter this is seriously taking loads of time already) but this will completely kill balance and even entire nations not even to mention the clanless/small guys.

@admin I keep hearing folks say no smuggler flags can we get this confirmed cause I remembering when the PvE zone was talked about there was a mention that you could still attack folks with the smuggler flag on but it would create a Pirate like FFA fight.   To many folks think it's gone since there was a mention of it's removal too.

1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

Well if you are a pirate, privateer, solo hunter and not concerned with PB, live oak is not necessary.

While I agree that LO is very important for the port battles, but it doesn't mean it's the only builds you bring.  Hell for any one that comes in a board fit build you don't want a slow LO tank to get to ships and board them fast.  All my boarder builds for PB and such are made out of Mahogany.   Than again I'm a pirate and we don't sit in stupid Lines and duck it out broad side to broad side either.  Yah we might get you into a close brawl and do that, but it's not as a line.   So LO isn't the only thing needed for port battles.  

Though I do agree we need 2-3 more LO ports and I have mention some great picks for new region locations they can put it at.  I think two more spread out in the Gulf Of Mexico will do two things.  It will give half the nations a chance to own a LO port themselves (4 of 8) and to fight over them so that not one nation prob has control over all the live oak.  Than it will so give folks a reason to fight over the Gulf Of Mexico.

4 minutes ago, Aventador said:

just in case you missed this heavily supported suggestion 

A majority of people would like to see wood more spread out! Here is a map of where live oak typically grows Quercus_virginiana_range_map_1.png

Yep I did the same break down pretty much on that thread....

Though as per wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Live_oak

The name live oak comes from the fact that evergreen oaks remain green and "live" throughout winter, when other oaks are dormant and leafless. The name is used mainly in North America, where evergreen oaks are widespread in warmer areas along the Atlantic coast from southeast Virginia to Florida, west along the Gulf Coast to Louisiana and Mexico, and across the southwest to California and southwest Oregon.

I would say put in at least one in Florida Occidental (lineship) regional speed bonus or Apalache (shallow) no regional bonus Nuevo Santandor (4th rate) Regional Strong Rig Bonus.

That is three more ports to think of adding it for a total of 5.   This will give more reason for folks to fight over the Gulf of Mexico.  Eve if you just add two (I would say Forida Occidental and Nuevo Santandor that would be two more than we have more and they would be more spread out.

That will give you 4-5 areas.  With 8 nations than that means you have only 4 nations in control so some one will be fighting over one or two of them most the time or just trading with another nation to get it.

So with no alliances, it looks like nations will have to work out trade agreements.

So if Pirates want to be a nation, does that mean that they will be under the same restrictions as nations and now be unable to attack other pirates? I constantly hear pirates whine about wanting to be treated as a nation. When the alliances were in place I see where they wanted the politics, now that is no longer present and thus the "we are a nation" should end as now the pirates have an ability that NO ONE else has, the ability to attack at will against ANY target. 

On 4/1/2017 at 5:25 PM, Jeheil said:

As we go post wipe, can we get a better spread of 'key resources', for example Live Oak.

We don't need 100 places that build this.

I think having perhaps 6-8 ports spread far and wide with the 'rare' resources would be about right.

Make these Ports worth fighting over.

And please no heavy woods in shallows.

This was the OP in a different thread and amazingly it got an overwhelming number of players agreeing with the idea. I think it is worth considering ideas/suggestions that many players support.

The thing is, if the resources are equally spread out, why attack other ports? To deny another nation of the resource would be the only gain and holding on the the resource loses impact if you already have one. Each faction having a "unique" resource that is valued would introduce a reason to trade or focus upon certain locations.